Cross-Platform Save Rollout Information ×

12/19/23 Cross Platform Save: PC Prime Access Purchasers Live

1 hour ago, xVoidPrime said:

one last attempt to make those who can't wait for things buy something 

it's a smart move tbh to push some prime access sales 

People who paid are more likely to be invested, more likely to act on it and more likely to provide feedback. 

It's still coming to everyone soon

• Like 2

On 2023-12-19 at 8:24 PM, Huggalump said:

People who paid are more likely to be invested, more likely to act on it and more likely to provide feedback. 

It's still coming to everyone soon

Bro I've spent like $1000 on this game alone (Highschool, and a job, and a lot of free time) and was an Xbox one OG from Sep 2014 when Loki prime dropped. like I'm INVESTED.

On 2023-12-19 at 7:41 PM, (XBOX)drakolich21 said:

It's scummy and predatory to give 24 hours of early access to the people that keep the studio open? Most games have DLC which is literally locked playable content. If the split wasn't necessary they would've opened it for everyone right away, they aren't doing this because of greed.

What about everyone else whos been playing since WF dropped on consoles? and spent money then? we didn't help keep the studio lights on too? they should have stuck with the idea of older accounts.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, TiberusVI said:

What about everyone else whos been playing since WF dropped on consoles? and spent money then? we didn't help keep the studio lights on too? they should have stuck with the idea of older accounts.

Keep it Zen ninja, we will probably get it tomorrow.

I bet DE are doing their best, besides its better this way, we wouldt like our accounts to end up all buggy.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, TiberusVI said:

Bro I've spent like $1000 on this game alone (Highschool, and a job, and a lot of free time) and was an Xbox one OG from Sep 2014 when Loki prime dropped. like I'm INVESTED.

Sure, I get that. But it's easier to release things in waves based on big, easy to categorize things like "bought prime access? Y/N" rather than determine every account on an individual basis

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, TiberusVI said:

Probably going to get access tomorrow? Or the day after? Y'all don't seem to get that they chose specifically PC prime access purchases because it's a somewhat narrow group of people, and one that is very easy to track. If they chose anyone that bought plat, that would've been too many people. If they chose 2013 accounts, you would be complaining because the game wasn't out on consoles yet. If they only chose a specific category that included you, it would've excluded someone else.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Huggalump said:

Sure, I get that. But it's easier to release things in waves based on big, easy to categorize things like "bought prime access? Y/N" rather than determine every account on an individual basis

That and if, for example, you did go by account seniority or something more arbitrary, there's a chance those players aren't actually playing anymore. For instance, this account was made in 2015, but I didn't get hooked on the game until 2018.  I made a PS5 account a couple years ago and that one has over 1500 hours.

Rolling it out to players that have invested money, like a prime access, it might stand to reason that they are still playing. It could just take one account merge/link to find a new bug if there is one and using smaller controlled groups keeps their finger on the pulse of the rollout. 

• Like 2

Worked great on my end, just have a small bug at the moment with navigation. It keeps having me install a segment to access navigation, done a couple missions and resets to get rid of it. Other than that everything (that I remember) I had is there, and it's been damn near flawless. Great job, appreciate the hard work DE

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Zantbolt said:

Worked great on my end, just have a small bug at the moment with navigation. It keeps having me install a segment to access navigation, done a couple missions and resets to get rid of it. Other than that everything (that I remember) I had is there, and it's been damn near flawless. Great job, appreciate the hard work DE

Did you merge from PC (secondary account) to console (main account), or from PC (main account) to console (secondary account)?

On 2023-12-19 at 9:06 PM, (XBOX)drakolich21 said:

Probably going to get access tomorrow? Or the day after? Y'all don't seem to get that they chose specifically PC prime access purchases because it's a somewhat narrow group of people, and one that is very easy to track. If they chose anyone that bought plat, that would've been too many people. If they chose 2013 accounts, you would be complaining because the game wasn't out on consoles yet. If they only chose a specific category that included you, it would've excluded someone else.

So they went with the largest potential group in the WF community? PC players with prime access (EVER)

If they had done 2013 non founders that would have been fine, atleast wed have a structure in mind. "Oh, cool their going year by year on the drip as they try and make it larger pools."

Not just "Oh so if you've EVER bought prime access on pc, you can cross save. So why cant consoles get in on that?"

On 2023-12-19 at 8:54 PM, Huggalump said:

My first comment didn't post but yeah that was where I ended up on it, like I get the idea of simplicity, but it's also a small slap in the face of every console player who's spent some good money on the game when it was first hitting consoles. like a person can hop on today and buy fat boi and have cross save. Incentivizing some to purchase a $50 bundle of prime weapons just to have access to cross save.

Edited by TiberusVI

5 minutes ago, TiberusVI said:

My first comment didn't post but yeah that was where I ended up on it, like I get the idea of simplicity, but it's also a small slap in the face of every console player who's spent some good money on the game when it was first hitting consoles. like a person can hop on today and buy fat boi and have cross save. Incentivizing some to purchase a $50 bundle of prime weapons just to have access to cross save.

Is there ANY evidence of this at all? This idea runs counter to the idea of the drip feed. If a group of impatient players with money to spend can just buy their way into cross save before they would otherwise be able to...it kinda defeats the whole point. It's probably anyone who bought a PA before today. That way it is a set, finite, group. 

Edited by (NSW)Juraash

2 hours ago, samibrys said:

is it me or can you only cross save and not merge bc my account is alr a few years old

Merging accounts is only available for accounts made before the cutoff date, and accounts that have not been used in previous PC-to-Console migrations when Warframe was released on consoles.

34 minutes ago, TiberusVI said:

This phase is only for people who previously purchased any Prime Access pack on PC. Meaning if someone purchased Loki Prime Access way back years ago, then they are eligible for this phase. That's who this is phase is aimed at. 

Also to everyone else waiting, DE is rolling cross save out very quickly, but the reason they are doing it in phases is most likely for two reasons:

1. To make sure that any issues that pop up or are discovered are limited in how many users they affect, and
  2.  to make sure the playerbase doesn't overcrowd the servers being used for linking/migration and crash the whole system by inadvertently DDoSing the cross-save system.

And, lastly, as a reminder: Linking =/= Merging:

When you LINK accounts, you are connecting your platform profiles and overwriting (NOT MERGING) your progress with the account you specify as your main account. If your main account has platform exclusive items or gear on it (i.e. Obsidian Skins on PS4/5, Jade Skins on XB1/XBX, Founders Gear on PC), you can only access those items on the platform those things are locked to. Again, you will LOSE any progress made on accounts that are not your main account. 

When you MERGE accounts, you are combining all assets on said accounts (weapons, frames, mods, currencies, etc) with some exceptions... namely Platinum on the Nintendo accounts, platform-exclusive skins and gear (i.e. Obsidian/Jade skins), and Founders Exclusive Items (which can only be used when you play on a PC, if you have a founders account that you merged). Not all accounts are eligible for merging either; accounts made after the cutoff date or that were previously used for PC-to-Console migrations (copying PC accounts to console accounts for PS4, XB1 or NSW) are not eligible for merging.

Once you have access to the Cross-Save interface on the main game site, it is important that you CAREFULLY READ all of the warnings and instructions. If there is something you do not understand or wish to have more clarification on, you should halt the cross-save setup and ask about what you don't understand either here on the forums or with a support ticket.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, (PSN)Daemanoo said:

They could have just went with mr rank or something. Paywall lmao. I am crying console tears

Its not a paywall, in a day or two more people will be allowed. They can see the amount of players that have prime access. it simply allows DE to more easily release cross save to certain sections of people. Also lets say they want to get cross save out to the people who have actually supported the game first, that would be totally fair and just another version of what they did with founders editions cross save. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, TiberusVI said:

I suspect that console players who purchased Prime Access will be next, based on the pattern so far. Now, if they give PC freeloaders access before console supporters, THAT would be a slap in the face, but not this current situation. 

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, SideMatter said:

Yeah, I have never purchased prime access and just bought the 50$ pack and I have it now. It was near instant the payment went through

So tempting, but a community mod post floating around in here somewhere says it's not guaranteed. Based on the posts I've read on Twitter, Reddit and here, it sounds like it's working for some folks and not for others. 

3 minutes ago, XcortisolX said:

Ive bought prime access on all three of my accounts PS Xbox and PC... why can't i access cross save?

I'm going to guess it's going to follow the same rules that they have been saying the whole time. BEFORE November 24th.

Edited by (PSN)Random_zephyr
added quote