Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Add ways to obtain umbra forma

I'm so done with this game, I swear. I have at least 5 unfinished builds just because there is literally no way to obtain umbra forma in this game, and umbra mods are literally so overpowered that you cannot play this game without umbra mods. Add way to buy umbra forma for plat, it doesn't make sense that I can buy other formas for plat but not umbra forma.

• Like 2

Nightwave, Teshin

9 minutes ago, NorthernDarkIceSoul said:

umbra mods are literally so overpowered that you cannot play this game without umbra mods

Are you sure about that ?

• Like 26

6 minutes ago, NorthernDarkIceSoul said:

literally no way to obtain umbra forma in this game

Off the top of my head there's the steel path rotation and nightwave. Sure it would be nice to have more, but i dont agree that umbra mods are so over powered that you cant play without them. In fact I use them in less than half the builds.

You dont need to install them in anything but warframes too so dont make the mistake of putting them in weapons.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Myscho said:

Nightwave, Teshin

Are you sure about that ?

Both ways take multiple weeks to obtain 1 forma

Just now, chaotea said:

Off the top of my head there's the steel path rotation and nightwave. Sure it would be nice to have more, but i dont agree that umbra mods are so over powered that you cant play without them. In fact I use them in less than half the builds.

You dont need to install them in anything but warframes too so dont make the mistake of putting them in weapons.

I don't use umbra mods in my warframe build. On the other hands, on my melee I don't even have enough capacity to put a riven, not to mention exilus slot.

44 minutes ago, NorthernDarkIceSoul said:

I don't use umbra mods in my warframe build. On the other hands, on my melee I don't even have enough capacity to put a riven, not to mention exilus slot.

To be fair, it's the whole point of modding capacity. To force you to make choices. And Umbral Formas' rarity also plays a part in that.

We'd all love to have unlimited capacity (and unlimited slots while we're here, so we just click on a theoretical button "apply all mods" and enjoy the powercreep).

It all boils down to choices. Umbral formas are rare ==> use them wisely.

• Like 5

42 minutes ago, NorthernDarkIceSoul said:

Waiiiit, what?

You can easily mod with enough forma that you dont need to put umbra forma on. I use the umbra crit one alot, but ive never used an umbra forma on a weapon. Got alot of weapons with that and a riven too. I mean it makes more sense if you've not got a primed pressure point (way better than the umbra one btw).

You should definatly save umbras for tanky warframes that benifit from strength. 1 umbra forma and you can slot all 3 mods on.

27 minutes ago, NorthernDarkIceSoul said:

And what else am I supposed to stick into my melee? Status mods? Laughable

Um, yes actually. I mean if your playing lower level content then sure. I've always advised early game go raw damage, mid game go crit. But late game go status, because its worth so much more.

Except in real specific builds, crit isnt really worth taking in high level mission if you have a good stat stick. Maybe vs infested its ok.

• Like 5

Dear people claiming that 6 forma is enough, I have all slots formaed except for two where I have umbra mods. I don’t have enough capacity to stick even a riven, not even talking about the exilus slot. 

https://overframe.gg/build/573454/azothane/ribbonless-azothane/

@chaotea

Also, did you just say crit is bad? This is hilarious. I don’t know what you mean “stat stick” but status proc are literally the most useless thing in the game, expect for viral and heat, which is some extra damage, and which is why people run primers.

Crit is literally the only way to get decent dps in this game, especially for melee. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Qriist said:

Hardly a waste. My Ichors are probaby my strongest melee thanks to a combination of having a very good riven plus a wickedly strong incarnon. I also used one on my Furax Wrath due to the breakpoint.

I rarely use Umbras on warframes. I've got a couple in Saryn, a couple in Kullervo, and a couple in Lavos. I might put a couple in Qorvex to take advantage of his already insane base stats. Aside from that, though, I find the umbra polarities to be way too limiting on warframes.

I should say everything is potatoed for me, so i dont use more that 1 umbra per thing.

22 minutes ago, NorthernDarkIceSoul said:

Dear people claiming that 6 forma is enough, I have all slots formaed except for two where I have umbra mods. I don’t have enough capacity to stick even a riven, not even talking about the exilus slot. 

So i dont think you need umbra pressure point on this. A 20% boost over 100% isnt going to carry you too much. Swapped for regular pressure with a V polarity saves you 11 energy, or 9 with primed.

Also condition overloaded seems pointless on this. With only a 20% status chance its not going to be pulling its weight compared to a simple damage mod (though ill always take a 100% chance to do double damage than a 20% chance to do triple damage myself). I'd swap it for Drifting Contact myself. The 10sec extra combo time will help you get the most out of Blood Rush, and for only 5 mod power it frees up alot for something else.

As a side note, ive always got issue with Berserker Fury. Sure, its a 70% max attack speed bonus, but it needs a kill. I personally prefer Quickenings 40% attack speed bonus, as it doesnt need the kill to get started and comes in at a lower cost that primed fury with just 15% less speed.

• Like 5

30 minutes ago, NorthernDarkIceSoul said:

Also, did you just say crit is bad? This is hilarious. I don’t know what you mean “stat stick” but status proc are literally the most useless thing in the game, expect for viral and heat, which is some extra damage, and which is why people run primers.

Crit is literally the only way to get decent dps in this game, especially for melee. 

The fact you mentioned that you don’t know what stat stick is makes me think you still have some research to do, stat stick references to modding your melee weapon to add those mods/effects to a pseudo exalted weapon for example khoras whip atlas landslide for example, a great weapon for this is the dual ichor or ceramic dagger status effect definitely are vital for end game content.

Edited by (PSN)FrDiabloFr
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, NorthernDarkIceSoul said:

nd umbra mods are literally so overpowered that you cannot play this game without umbra mods. Add way to buy umbra forma for plat, it doesn't make sense that I can buy other formas for plat but not umbra forma.

there is no way that this is true. Umbra Formas are basically irrelevant, since there's no decent places to fight Sentients en-masse, where the stats of Umbra mods would be helpful, and primed/archon mods have basically replaced them on the vast majority of builds. even if DE caved and let you buy them (they won't), your builds wouldn't get any better, because you still wouldn't be optimized.

44 minutes ago, NorthernDarkIceSoul said:

crit is nice, but to be truly meta, it has to be paired with armor strip and status chance. crit  doesn't scale as well as status because because the extra damage falls off, whereas a status proc is a status proc, regardless of what level the mobs are; why do you think DE limits bosses to only having 4 procs of any type?

this is a you problem, not a problem with the system.

• Like 5

38 minutes ago, NorthernDarkIceSoul said:

I mean firstly, no crits not bad. I didnt say bad, I just said stats is worth more. Which it is. I believe the current metta is a mix of both, but the focus for builds is status with blood rush for crit. Combo stuff is op.

As for the example video, looks like an Azothane. Taken for reach, blus high base crit chance and damage. Probably blood rush only for crit, as they arnt hitting alot of crits till that combo counter goes up. Otherwise corrosive and fire. But the build definity isnt heavy on crit from the get go.

2 minutes ago, NorthernDarkIceSoul said:

Imagine calling someone a loser while having (XBOX) in front of your name

The XBox is because they play on XBox... It's a remnant of the times before crosplay and cross save. 

Also, Umbra Forma is less and less useful as new updates come. I've used Ubral mods less and less as new mods are released like Precision Intensify. The only one I kinda use a lot is Sacrificial Steel and only on heavy attack builds. They aren't really that necessary, just a neat addition to players wanting an extra oomph in their builds.

It's fine, you'll survive without Umbra Formas, just forma everything else like everyone else.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

there is no way that this is true. Umbra Formas are basically irrelevant, since there's no decent places to fight Sentients en-masse, where the stats of Umbra mods would be helpful, and primed/archon mods have basically replaced them on the vast majority of builds. even if DE caved and let you buy them (they won't), your builds wouldn't get any better, because you still wouldn't be optimized.

crit is nice, but to be truly meta, it has to be paired with armor strip and status chance. crit  doesn't scale as well as status because because the extra damage falls off, whereas a status proc is a status proc, regardless of what level the mobs are; why do you think DE limits bosses to only having 4 procs of any type?

this is a you problem, not a problem with the system.

Yeah, and then I have 3 teammates with slash builds running around with 10 kills and 5% damage. 

1 minute ago, BalaDeSilver said:

The XBox is because they play on XBox... It's a remnant of the times before crosplay and cross save. 

Also, Umbra Forma is less and less useful as new updates come. I've used Ubral mods less and less as new mods are released like Precision Intensify. The only one I kinda use a lot is Sacrificial Steel and only on heavy attack builds. They aren't really that necessary, just a neat addition to players wanting an extra oomph in their builds.

It's fine, you'll survive without Umbra Formas, just forma everything else like everyone else.

Like I said, I don’t use umbra mods on Warframe, in fact I do use Precision Intensify. However, when it comes to melee - sacrificial mods are NECESSARY.

3 minutes ago, NorthernDarkIceSoul said:

You clearly have no clue how to mod

So it basically means using an exalted melee, which is pointless, because it’s weaker than normal melee? Thank you

Lol you totally missed the point, you add the mods from a melee weapon to increase the pseudo exalted weapons strength khoras whip with a decent melee modded okish is one the strongest melees in the game, learn about stat stick before throwing around empty arguments.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, NorthernDarkIceSoul said:

when it comes to melee - sacrificial mods are NECESSARY.

No, they're not? PPP is more damage than a stacked Sacrificial Pressure, and the extra CC you get from stacking Sacrificial Steel isn't worth it when you factor in Blood Rush. It's only a couple total CC percent points when all's done. It's not a necessity, it's just objectively less efficient to use both Sacrificial mods on melee weapons. Yes, even on Exalted Umbra Blade.

• Like 6

45 minutes ago, NorthernDarkIceSoul said:

You clearly have no clue how to mod

There's no need to be hurtful. I have a different opinion than you, and i mod based on the capacity I have, not the capacity i wish I had. I have no issues modding without umbra forma on my melee and have no issue in higher end steel path. This is how i mod for that. You can either take it on board, or you can stick as you are. Either is fine. All you have to do is grind for more umbra forma.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, NorthernDarkIceSoul said:

https://overframe.gg/build/573454/azothane/ribbonless-azothane/

@chaotea

Dude is putting Pressure mod alongside Condition Overload and Sac Steel with Blood Rush and telling people to learn how to mod. Ironic.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, (PSN)FrDiabloFr said:

Lol you totally missed the point, you add the mods from a melee weapon to increase the pseudo exalted weapons strength khoras whip with a decent melee modded okish is one the strongest melees in the game, learn about stat stick before throwing around empty arguments.

I am aware of Khora’s whip, still worse than normal melee

4 hours ago, BalaDeSilver said:

No, they're not? PPP is more damage than a stacked Sacrificial Pressure, and the extra CC you get from stacking Sacrificial Steel isn't worth it when you factor in Blood Rush. It's only a couple total CC percent points when all's done. It's not a necessity, it's just objectively less efficient to use both Sacrificial mods on melee weapons. Yes, even on Exalted Umbra Blade.

You don’t know how to mod

Just now, NorthernDarkIceSoul said:

I am aware of Khora’s whip, still worse than normal melee

You literally said in a previous post you didn’t understand stat stick, khoras whip with a decent melee adds its effects to her whip boosting it her whip is one of the strongest melees in the game what aren’t you grasping??

• Like 2