Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Amalgam mods shouldn’t be exclusive

Amalgam mods have been in the game for a while at this point and I’ve heard most players aren’t using them. The reason for this being most amalgam mods are an upgrade version of a mod that can only be applied to a single specific weapon. Since when is anyone using the Furax or the Daikyu? 
One of the mods that isn’t exclusive is Amalgam Barrel Diffusion, but that is competing with the superior Galvanized Diffusion. If either were changed to be an alternate version to lethal Torent we would have another viable option for modding.

overall, amalgam mods came and quickly went. They are gimmicks the majority of players don’t use but could be using. These mods just need to no longer be exclusive at the very least.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, (XBOX)Flarefox Ravina said:

Since when is anyone using the Furax or the Daikyu? 

Furax has an Incarnon, so it's popularity went up. Daikyu fans are huffing copium waiting for it to get primed, but they're still out there.

I believe it was just an attempt by DE to make weapons like Daikyu and Javlok more relevant. 

5 hours ago, o0Despair0o said:

Only reason I use archon flow on frost is because he's the only frame I have that has a ever so tiny chance of killing something with cold damage.

Citrine's 3 can kill with cold damage IIRC, since it deals all 4 basic elements as damage.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, MutoManiac said:

You’d be nuts if you used serration instead of Amalgam Serration which boosts your speed. And Furax Wraith incarnon with the amalgam mod is great and it’s probably 2nd in usage for me next to the Innodem.

But why use Serration when you have Galvanized Shot (outside of weapons on which it's bugged)? Which weapon cannot output 2 status effects consistently?

Edited by FiveN9ne
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, FiveN9ne said:

But why use Serration when you have Galvanized Shot (outside of weapons on which it's bugged)? Which weapon cannot output 2 status effects consistently?

Because Serration is for rifles and Gshot is for pistols. 

Edited by MutoManiac

55 minutes ago, MutoManiac said:

You’d be nuts if you used serration instead of Amalgam Serration which boosts your speed.

You'd be nuts if you move by sprinting when flying around with parkour is way faster, turning amalgam serration into just a worse serration.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ----Legacy---- said:

You'd be nuts if you move by sprinting when flying around with parkour is way faster, turning amalgam serration into just a worse serration.

Yes, I just sprint in this game cause parkour is hard /s 🤪

• Like 3

8 hours ago, (XBOX)Flarefox Ravina said:

Furax is good because 1) incarnon and 2) boosts the DPS of Yareli's secondary. She can't use melee on Merulina so having a melee that benefits her in some way is nice.

I use the Daikyu. Not often, but I do. I even have a riven for it.

45 minutes ago, Skoomaseller said:

I even have a riven for it.

Daikyu riven you say? Haven’t seen one of those in a lifetime 

3 hours ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

Daikyu fans are huffing copium waiting for it to get primed, but they're still out there.

Thank you for reminding me to bump the Daikyu Prime copium thread

Accidentally typed “Faikyu” and now I’m going to use that as a Warframe insult

• Like 3

I love Amalgam Serration so much that I almost never use shotguns anymore.  And shotguns are very fun.  But that extra movement speed feels so good.

And Amalgam Organ Shatter is on nearly every melee I own, and definitely all the ones I use regularly.

Edited by (PSN)Unstar
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, (XBOX)Flarefox Ravina said:

Furax

Me having riven (afair) and genesis incarnon.

9 hours ago, o0Despair0o said:

Same thing can be said for the archon mods.

+1 and probably some other stuff.

1 hour ago, ----Legacy---- said:
2 hours ago, MutoManiac said:

You’d be nuts if you used serration instead of Amalgam Serration which boosts your speed.

Hi, I'm mad man and I prefer running than shooting myself into walls. And you have to pressing keys many times while running is just quick tap at the beginning of mission.

10 hours ago, (XBOX)Flarefox Ravina said:

One of the mods that isn’t exclusive is Amalgam Barrel Diffusion, but that is competing with the superior Galvanized Diffusion. If either were changed to be an alternate version to lethal Torent we would have another viable option for modding.

Plus it's yet another +parkour source. It used to be something different (smaller rolls) so it had huge reason to use (if you wanted short rolls). Now you can use many sources of +parkour sources.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, FiveN9ne said:

Galv. Apt. You know what i was saying, don't play dumb.

I don't use aptitude for status on rifles that are mostly crit unless I have room which I usually don't. But most frames can use more sprint speed, so Amalgam Serration is great QoL for me. My point is that the speed boost far outweighs the -5% damage you lose from the mod.

• Like 1

Amalgam mods have been in the game for a while at this point and I’ve heard most players aren’t using them.

I'm sure it's true, because there are ton of weapons in the game.  But one could guess the same about every weapon specific mod.

The reason for this being most amalgam mods are an upgrade version of a mod that can only be applied to a single specific weapon. Since when is anyone using the Furax or the Daikyu? 

We do exist, and I think you've missed the main point of those mods: giving cool but little used weapons an optional and unique perk.  Rather than "giving already popular primaries a dagger armor strip passive" or "giving every side-arm a passive melee combo and stagger buff."  

Personally, I think a more appropriate response would be to keep the mods restricted, but buff some of them. (Looking at you,  Javlok and Ripkas mods.)  Or leave the mods as is, and buff or release better versions of ones that are lacking.  (Looking at you...all of them.)

5 minutes ago, MutoManiac said:

I don't use aptitude for status on rifles that are mostly crit unless I have room which I usually don't. But most frames can use more sprint speed, so Amalgam Serration is great QoL for me. My point is that the speed boost far outweighs the -5% damage you lose from the mod.

Using any serration at all when you have access to merciless is a waste, unless you have a specific primary that prefers a specific arcane. 

I don't see any problem with how they function. They exist to provide some secondary bonus either giving you some utility or in buffing the weapon you do plan on using.

Like it doesn't matter if anyone uses the Daikyu at all as someone can equip it with nothing but it's amalgam (and set bonus mods) if they plan on using only their Nikana in a mission. Or the Furax one can be used just to function as an extra fire rate mod on a secondary you plan on primarily using.

The only ones that're outliers is Organ Shatter and Shotgun Barrage. Organ Shatter double buffs one weapon type and is great for saving a mod slot on heavy attack builds. While Shotgun Barrage is bad since reviving in general might as well not be a game mechanic.

1 hour ago, drakolich21 said:

Using any serration at all when you have access to merciless is a waste, unless you have a specific primary that prefers a specific arcane. 

Of course, but in non SP content, the speed is a big QoL for me. I also equip the sprint boost aura and together most frames just feel better. In SP, I use a shotgun most of the time anyway.

11 hours ago, (XBOX)Flarefox Ravina said:

Amalgam mods shouldn’t be exclusive

On the contrary, they most definitely should be exclusive.  Allowing Amalgam Body Count to be used on any melee weapon would be an obscene amount of power creep.  A mod that strong cannot exist without restrictions.

Amalgam mods have been in the game for a while at this point and I’ve heard most players aren’t using them.

Setting aside the questionable validity of something you "heard", most players not using something is in no way a problem.  My good faith interpretation of why you're bringing this up is that you think that something is only worthwhile/successful if most players are using it.  If that's indeed what you think, you have it backwards.

There are so many mods, so many weapons in the game, and if the game had an ideal level of balance they would all be equally viable and enjoyable and would thus be used equally.  When hundreds of weapons and mods are being used equally, there's nothing that most players are using.

We actually have data on this.  The Furax Wraith was in the top 30 weapons in 2022 (we don't yet have stats for 2023), and all Furax incarnations accounted for 1.6% of melee weapon usage — which by Warframe usage standards is pretty high.  For the Furax Wraith alone, the top 3 MR's are all above 3% usage, which is pretty high.

As for the Daikyu, it had a 0.30% usage rate, which places it slightly above average relative to all weapons or roughly in the middle of the pack if you account for weapon variants.  Considering how much of usage is absolutely dominated by the top 10 weapons — which account for around 50% of weapon usage — 0.30% seems like a good place to be: there are some people who use it, but it's not such a small percentage as to suggest there's a problem.  In fact, at MR32 (L2) it sees 0.36% usage, meaning that of high-end players who stray from the meta, the Daikyu still sees more than its fair share of usage.

So if you intend to suggest that nobody is using these weapons, you're suggestion is incorrect.

That said, luring even more players to use these weapons is the whole point of these modsThese mods offer compelling benefits that can only be accessed when using a particular weapon, thus performing two tasks at once:

1. Buffing the weapon.
  2. Giving players additional incentives to use these weapons.

And at the time that these mods were released, this had a meaningful impact.  There were people who put down their (insert meta weapon here) and discovered these weapons; and some of them are still using these weapons today.

Of course, that was 5 whole years ago, so naturally in the ensuing years there's been a solid amount of power creep and some strong competitors have arrived on the scene.  And that's fine; weapons don't need to be the meta, or even popular, to be powerful and worth using.

Again, a diverse spread of weapon usage is the ideal.  50% of your players using the same 10 weapons is something that DE puts intentional effort into avoiding.

• Like 1