Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kullervo can output some DMG

I was so surprised how much I ended up liking him, he’s probably my most used frame these days. His gameplay reminds me of the old Marked for Death + Ash gimmick.

Also yeah that subsume is crazy. If you want a really goofy build you can slap it on Titania and with enough strength her lil Diwata can actually kill in Steel Path 

7 minutes ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

he is pretty great, probably my favourite of the newer frames, if you're willing to farm/buy a second Kullervo, you can get him subsumed and get a taste of that power on other frames too.

pro tip: try it on Atlas, you won't regret it.

And baruuk things get spicy.

• Like 1

His subsume is pretty cool on Excal too.

But yeah crazy good, I don't like melee frames so much but I do really enjoy Kullie V.

I almost think his 3 is too strong tbh. Chaining 100% of that insane heavy attack damage... if it was capped at 75 I would not think it unreasonable.

He's definently my favorite right now. Teleport at will which increases final crit by absurd amounts, hitting like an A-bomb, free slash together with overguard and healing, insane damage spread on demand, free heavy attack bonuses from his passive, crapload of armor and health, and he looks awesome (and you can remove his knives for more fashionframe options). I've replaced his 4 with Roar and Nourish for different builds/weapons.

Wrathful Advance is also fun on Chroma and Rhino.

2 hours ago, Nira said:

I almost think his 3 is too strong tbh. Chaining 100% of that insane heavy attack damage... if it was capped at 75 I would not think it unreasonable.

"Almost"? :P

Anyway, DE did not stint on power when it came to balancing Kullervo.  Kullervo's designer be like

Strengthen Dragon Ball GIF by BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment

Spoiler

But when Caliban was designed...

Sick In Bed GIF by Flighthouse

• Like 3

I thought I'd like him more, but sadly that wasn't the case.

I'm not sure exactly what the issue is that I have with him, but I just find myself liking playing Umbra more despite the wide power gap between the two that even I can see.

5 hours ago, (XBOX)Player244024418 said:

Entered netracells with kullervo and prisma skana and 15-20 million was being achieved per hit. One was 4.9 trillion. Damn. Wish his 1 was easier to play on controller but had fun. Didn't even use guns. Give him a try!

Isn't dmg cap something like 2.1B?

I like Kullervo but he's notably weak in defense which is important for melee.

Most of that is due to never fixing Iron Skin (Overguard) from working with melee block mitigation.

20-30k can poof pretty damn quick. Esp with these newer enemies DE just seems to put weapons on them without considering scaling. I still have an old video where my 120-200k Iron Skin Rhino gets wrecked by a Kuva Shield Lancer's Marelok in 4 seconds. Rhino has Shield gate now so not an issue. Kullervo doesn't.

Fun frame with big numbers but staying alive is more important.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Aldain said:

I thought I'd like him more, but sadly that wasn't the case.

I'm not sure exactly what the issue is that I have with him, but I just find myself liking playing Umbra more despite the wide power gap between the two that even I can see.

Maybe because Excal has Blind, block mitigation, can use Adaptation and When-Hit Arcanes?

Overguard worked for Rhino because it was a LOT and near instant. It's not a good mechanic in smaller values. I remember when they made the Frost Overguard augment back when people ran Excavation and I'd get mad about it cuz it stopped my when hit arcanes from procing which dumped on my recovery and DPS.

Like thanks Frost. Didn't want that Arcane Avenger and Grace anyways. =D

16 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

I like Kullervo but he's notably weak in defense which is important for melee.

Most of that is due to never fixing Iron Skin (Overguard) from working with melee block mitigation.

20-30k can poof pretty damn quick. Esp with these newer enemies DE just seems to put weapons on them without considering scaling. I still have an old video where my 120-200k Iron Skin Rhino gets wrecked by a Kuva Shield Lancer's Marelok in 4 seconds. Rhino has Shield gate now so not an issue. Kullervo doesn't.

Fun frame with big numbers but staying alive is more important.

Armor + health goes a long way.

Umbral mods. Health Conversion. Arcane Guardian. Arcane Blessing.

I only use all 3 Umbral mods and Guardian and I've never struggled.

Spam his 2 a couple of times if it's getting insanely hot. Heals and resets the Overguard gate.

I'm sure it hits a limit going to level cap, but not an hour into a SP survival.

He's a pretty great health tank considering he doesn't have access to shield gating.

19 minutes ago, (XBOX)INe Saninus said:

I only use all 3 Umbral mods and Guardian and I've never struggled.

Spam his 2 a couple of times if it's getting insanely hot. Heals and resets the Overguard gate.

I'm sure it hits a limit going to level cap, but not an hour into a SP survival.

He's a pretty great health tank considering he doesn't have access to shield gating.

Very much agree on Health Conversion. Been a staple on Rhino forever but I'm not really up for Umbra mods on a non-Prime.

The situation I was talking about was only level 300. Those Kuva Mareloks were no joke.

I see Overguard allows When-Hit Arcanes to work now. Still want that block mitigation but that changes things a bit.

39 minutes ago, (XBOX)INe Saninus said:

I have a health tank Kullervo and I agree it's a completely viable build.  My second copy is basically a "nuke tank" and is just as viable, probably more so. It is way faster-paced though, which has both advantages and  a few disadvantages.  

5 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

Still want that block mitigation but that changes things a bit.

Me too, and I'd trade some Overguard buffer to get it. Dodge's 75% mitigation does work though.

17 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

Dodge's 75% mitigation does work though.

It does work now? It didn't before.

I really should do some testing updates but...
They kinda killed my reason for theory crafting. Putting a soft cap on enemy defense and this very basic status system.

At least there actually have been some good mechanic changes this past 5 years.

22 hours ago, Xzorn said:

Maybe because Excal has Blind, block mitigation, can use Adaptation and When-Hit Arcanes?

Overguard worked for Rhino because it was a LOT and near instant. It's not a good mechanic in smaller values. I remember when they made the Frost Overguard augment back when people ran Excavation and I'd get mad about it cuz it stopped my when hit arcanes from procing which dumped on my recovery and DPS.

Like thanks Frost. Didn't want that Arcane Avenger and Grace anyways. =D

Roar+augment on Kullervo is an amazing combination for his Overguard. Auto max stacks of puncture across a large area of mobs, that also fall over in the process. Takes alot of stress away from OG when needed and increases final crit chance further. Since he has so much health and armor naturally along with massive dps buffs for melee I stopped at 3 violet crit damage shards on him and used the last two spots for yellow cast speed. This give you great opportunities to cast quick roars as needed.

edit: And with the recent changes to finishers the knockdown is a nice addition for some free finisher kills if you want.

Edited by SneakyErvin

2 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

Roar+augment on Kullervo is an amazing combination for his Overguard. Auto max stacks of puncture across a large area of mobs, that also fall over in the process. Takes alot of stress away from OG when needed and increases final crit chance further.

Piercing Roar is a valid option given it's 10 procs, allows recasting and has a base range of 25m.

Unlike someone trying to tell me Iron Shrapnel had other uses besides re-casting Iron Skin as an augment.
Roar's augment has a notable reduction in enemy damage output with area coverage to make a difference.

• Like 1