Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What are some obscure tips or tricks you use in Warframe?

Zahnrad

2 hours ago, Aruquae said:

If you buy the cosmetics your friends wore on their favorite frame, put the weapons they used (along with said frame) into a spector, you can pretend they’re still there. You can have conversations and all of that, and they’ll move around as if they are still there. 

+1.

They can just sent you their look so you don't have manualy set stuff.

1 hour ago, Aldain said:
4 hours ago, Corvid said:

Dunno whether this counts as obscure, but it's definitely useful: In Duviri, rolling right before impact will completely negate fall damage, regardless of distance.

I can confirm this and say that it reminds me of happy memories of Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask,

I doubt that was the intention from DE (hell I'm not even sure they intended for rolling to stop fall damage), but it hits me right in the nostalgia and I choose to remember it that way.

I guess that's system stuff that "just exist". Frame have it as well

26 minutes ago, MutoManiac said:

This sounds awesome. So you need a Cycron with a cold progenitor? Can you share the build? Thanks

Certainly.

Yes a cold progenitor would be best, though you could technically use electric too. I love the Tenet Cycron and actually have 3 different ones for different purposes. The goal of this one was to create a cold status applying machine, don't care about damage output, just wanted to slow/freeze enemies. The initial problem is that the Tenet Cycron deals pure heat damage at base, so if you only add cold they mix and become blast. To avoid this I needed to add something else that would mix with heat instead to isolate cold. I opted for electric to make radiation since I thought the status it applies would pair well with the desired goal of making a TCycron that could CC enemies (hence why electric prog can work). After that I mostly just added anything that would boost status chance/opportunity.

Some notable perks of the TCycron:

- High base status chance: 40%

- Rechargeable battery, doesn't need ammo so it can be used liberally without worry of running out. Battery recharge speed is pretty good at base so don't need reload speed mods.

- When an enemy is hit with the beam it chains more beams to other nearby enemies allowing you to easily and quickly spread status to a whole group. Punch-through lets you hit multiple enemies with the initial beam allowing for even more chains. Increasing beam length makes this even easier to take advantage of.

Here's the build exactly as I have it:
Seeker \ Lethal Torrent \ Galvanized Diffusion \ Sure Shot

Scorch \          Jolt         \            Frostbite          \ Deep Freeze

Exilus: Ruinous Extension

This gives me 148% status chance. With 2.7 multishot I get at least 2 separate beams overlaid on top of each other. This is because beam weapons just fire straight no matter what so with multishot the beams don't separate. So every tick of damage is guaranteed to apply at least 2 status effect stacks with the possibility of applying as many as 8 per tick under the best circumstances (all % chances land in your favor + maxed Galvanized Diffusion stacks). If you're only concerned with single-target CC you could drop Seeker for some status duration or anything else you might want (just don't add toxin).

And the best part is: this is effective even if your bonus damage % is low, so you don't actually have to farm Sisters to boost it if you don't want to. My TCycron only has +25.1% cold and this still works perfectly for it's designed to do.

For Demolysts you'll probably want to keep blasting them with cold every few seconds just to make sure it doesn't run out, otherwise they may sprint past you when the effects wear off.

3 hours ago, (XBOX)Varzin said:

If you need to find syndicate medallions for a riven/nightwave challenge but don't have access to Golden Instinct, look for a syndicate defense or interception mission on a Sedna mission node.

It's really specific to the Grineer Galleon defense/interception tiles, not to Sedna.  Others can be found regularly on Saturn and Mercury, and (I think) elsewhere rarely.  You can figure it out by checking the node's preview picture to see if it looks like Hydron, but there is a list here: https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Grineer_Galleon

Those are the quickest medallion nodes, but there are a few others to look out for. Grineer Forest Interceptions, Corpus Ice Planet Defense/Interception, and the multiple point version of Grineer Sealab Defense/Interception.  These are bigger maps, don't always spawn 8 medallions, and can have other issues, but can still be worthwhile.  There are also the newer Corpus  tiles, but these are very large and often only spawn one medallion.  

Nice thing about the medallion system now compared to how it used to be though: higher tier medallions take priority. So, for example, a map that only spawns one will at least be the best one, and a node that only spawns 5 will be the best one and at least two of the mids.

5 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

It's really specific to the Grineer Galleon defense/interception tiles, not to Sedna.  Others can be found regularly on Saturn and Mercury, and (I think) elsewhere rarely.  You can figure it out by checking the node's preview picture to see if it looks like Hydron, but there is a list here: https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Grineer_Galleon

Those are the quickest medallion nodes, but there are a few others to look out for. Grineer Forest Interceptions, Corpus Ice Planet Defense/Interception, and the multiple point version of Grineer Sealab Defense/Interception.  These are bigger maps, don't always spawn 8 medallions, and can have other issues, but can still be worthwhile.  There are also the newer Corpus  tiles, but these are very large and often only spawn one medallion.  

Nice thing about the medallion system now compared to how it used to be though: higher tier medallions take priority. So, for example, a map that only spawns one will at least be the best one, and a node that only spawns 5 will be the best one and at least two of the mids.

Thanks for expanding on this, I didn't realize it only worked with the Galleons.

Another point I'd like to add is that (at least for the rivens) you don't actually have to complete the mission for the medallion finds to count towards your total. So you can quit and re-enter the same mission to keep taking advantage of the easier medallion farm location as needed.

1 hour ago, (XBOX)Varzin said:

Certainly.

Yes a cold progenitor would be best, though you could technically use electric too. I love the Tenet Cycron and actually have 3 different ones for different purposes. The goal of this one was to create a cold status applying machine, don't care about damage output, just wanted to slow/freeze enemies. The initial problem is that the Tenet Cycron deals pure heat damage at base, so if you only add cold they mix and become blast. To avoid this I needed to add something else that would mix with heat instead to isolate cold. I opted for electric to make radiation since I thought the status it applies would pair well with the desired goal of making a TCycron that could CC enemies (hence why electric prog can work). After that I mostly just added anything that would boost status chance/opportunity.

Some notable perks of the TCycron:

- High base status chance: 40%

- Rechargeable battery, doesn't need ammo so it can be used liberally without worry of running out. Battery recharge speed is pretty good at base so don't need reload speed mods.

- When an enemy is hit with the beam it chains more beams to other nearby enemies allowing you to easily and quickly spread status to a whole group. Punch-through lets you hit multiple enemies with the initial beam allowing for even more chains. Increasing beam length makes this even easier to take advantage of.

Here's the build exactly as I have it:
Seeker \ Lethal Torrent \ Galvanized Diffusion \ Sure Shot

Scorch \          Jolt         \            Frostbite          \ Deep Freeze

Exilus: Ruinous Extension

This gives me 148% status chance. With 2.7 multishot I get at least 2 separate beams overlaid on top of each other. This is because beam weapons just fire straight no matter what so with multishot the beams don't separate. So every tick of damage is guaranteed to apply at least 2 status effect stacks with the possibility of applying as many as 8 per tick under the best circumstances (all % chances land in your favor + maxed Galvanized Diffusion stacks). If you're only concerned with single-target CC you could drop Seeker for some status duration or anything else you might want (just don't add toxin).

And the best part is: this is effective even if your bonus damage % is low, so you don't actually have to farm Sisters to boost it if you don't want to. My TCycron only has +25.1% cold and this still works perfectly for it's designed to do.

For Demolysts you'll probably want to keep blasting them with cold every few seconds just to make sure it doesn't run out, otherwise they may sprint past you when the effects wear off.

Thanks for the detailed explanation. I’ll go and farm one today. Cheers

Backflipping to turn off Volt's speed.  As a bonus, if you're playing Titania in pixie mode, you don't need to aim first, just move backwards and tap crouch.  Also as a bonus, if they're being particularly obnoxious and you keep hitting walls and going into a tumble, holding activation on Titania's spellbind will give you temporary status immunity, which includes tumbling from impact.

Though there still should be a global opt out of Volt's speed.  Personally I'm typically faster without it than they are with it because I hit fewer things when going my normal speed.

• Like 1

Do a bullet-jump then hold the Aim/block button to trigger the "Aim-Glide" then tap the "roll" keybind, Your exec speed affect the speed you can reach.
The "roll" propel you foreward faster after a bullet-jump. You can combine it with the Amalgam Barrel Diffusion mod on the secondary weapon for best effect https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Amalgam_Barrel_Diffusion

This is made with [Amalgam Barrel Diffusion], [lightning Dash] and 1 [Tauforged Amber Archonte] shard +22.5% parkour. That's my Go-To loadout.I don't advise past that.

12 hours ago, 0_The_F00l said:

In a similar direction , some weapons with long reload animations can be cut short by rolling a little before the animation ends. This is a bit wonky at times though.

Back when I started in 2016, you would continue to reload through rolls. but IIRC it changed by the end of that year and you'd abort the reload.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, PollexMessier said:

Also. Spare disruption keys will not despawn if you're carrying one while it's matching tower is activated with a duplicate key (via the previous tip or another player) and between rounds.

It's been a few months since I did any disruption, but unless it's changed you keep any key you're carrying when a round of conduits ends. I'd try to always pick up whatever spare key was on the ground during the last one of a set to be ready.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Hobie-wan said:

It's been a few months since I did any disruption, but unless it's changed you keep any key you're carrying when a round of conduits ends. I'd try to always pick up whatever spare key was on the ground during the last one of a set to be ready.

This is what I meant, I just worded it poorly.

On 2024-02-13 at 11:59 AM, Aldain said:

If you're playing a Survival Void Fissure staying in one room actually is better than running around like a headless chicken because it spreads the spawns.

...The sad fact that this is apparently obscure going by my personal experience with randoms physically pains me.

Add to this that Enemy Radar (probably still?) improves enemy pathing and prevents the AI from stalling.

I haven't tested this since I came back since it takes a while to do but it was very much a thing during my endurance runner days.

I got into a debate with DE Glen about this back in the day and he didn't produce any information contrary to mine and other's experience.

7 hours ago, Hobie-wan said:

Back when I started in 2016, you would continue to reload through rolls. but IIRC it changed by the end of that year and you'd abort the reload.

As I said , it is very specific weapons (with longer than 2 second ) reloads. But it has been a while since I used them (synth mods tend to be my preferred means to reload) so you may be right.

6 hours ago, cephalon_slay said:

If you use a controller, you can quick slot 2 things to left and right on the d-pad 

it’s in setting>layout 

I do Archwing for left and energy pad for right and it is suchhhhh a help. 

This is… beautiful. I’m going to this right now.

Thanks for the tip

On 2024-02-13 at 1:34 PM, Hobie-wan said:

Set crouch (or I actually do toggle crouch) to a thumb button on your mouse. Then bullet jumping is just alternating thumbs. Easy peasy with no pinky strain.

ohh i will try this. what is your primary/melee/aim set up like? im a returning player/first time pc player so im super comfortable with my current setup which is melee LCmouse. Primary RCmouse.   F for aim.  this this mainly cause i want my melee as the most comfortable but it makes aiming with F not the best feeling but decent

Set crouch (or I actually do toggle crouch) to a thumb button on your mouse. Then bullet jumping is just alternating thumbs. Easy peasy with no pinky strain.

ohh i will try this. what is your primary/melee/aim set up like? im a returning player/first time pc player so im super comfortable with my current setup which is melee LCmouse. Primary RCmouse.   F for aim.  this this mainly cause i want my melee as the most comfortable but it makes aiming with F not the best feeling but decent

Prob not obscure, but I just found out that in sabotage, if you have to shoot one of those cells that then explodes but locks you inside the room where you then have to leave through a ventilation duct can be avoided. Just don’t fully go into the room, but stand in the doorway and you can shoot the cell and back out quickly so you can avoid being locked inside. Shaves a few seconds each time off the mission.

I'm not sure if this is considered obscure but it's something I utilise frequently in my gameplay.

I don't know if Eximus units always did this, but at least now after the Eximus rework they always do this.

Killing an Eximus unit always drops an Energy Orb and two Health Orbs.

Arcane Blessing has quickly become my favourite Arcane set that I throw on almost all my frames. (A maxed arcane permanently increases your max HP by 24 every time you pick up a Health Orb, stacking to 50 health orbs collected)

So this quickly turned Eximus units from a nuisance to being valuable targets to focus in missions.

4 hours ago, 7bigpete said:

ohh i will try this. what is your primary/melee/aim set up like?

I leave firing on left mouse and aiming on right mouse. I have melee set to E since I'm used to F being interact in so many other games and wanted to keep that there.

But enjoy the bullet jumping. 🙂

Railjack weapons can proc amp arcanes when you pilot, use turret or forward artillery as operator, if you have amp equipped(which is the default, you have to use something like a scanner to de-equip it) - using a combination of Virtuos Strike and Virtous Fury guarantees you can get bonus damage, no matter what cannons(ie. whether they are using status or crit cannon) the host equipped for their turrets/forward artillery. It also can give you bonus damage with tunguska itself, but that hardly matters. ;)

If the pilot uses Dispensary(possibly also energy pizzas, haven't tried) to feed themselves energy, you can leave your Warframe near them(in range of vacuum) to also gain energy and enter the forward artillery(or turrets) as operator, allowing you to also spam seeker volley while in forward artillery/turret since Operator uses warframe's energy for Railjack abilities. If you also happen to have sentinel, they will shot at any boarders that come for the pilot.

If you leave your warframe standing on the tube to exit Railjack in mid-section while piloting as operator solo and you happen to have nautilius, cordon have just enough range to reach both of the doors, effectively preventing boarders from reaching pilot seat and if you also use his other precept, he will put out all the fires that happen in mid-section too, leaving your engineer to concentrate on the back-section - pretty nifty if you need/want to do Railjack solo and you still haven't fully kitted it out.

5 hours ago, Emwue said:

If the pilot uses Dispensary(possibly also energy pizzas, haven't tried) to feed themselves energy,

Yup, you can drop a pizza right there and then hop into the pilot seat and it will fill up your energy. I do this all the time when I'm solo since I don't go the Lavos/Hildryn route.

Perhaps not incredibly obscure, but:

For those who like to level their gear (especially solo), you know Warframes and weapons split experience gains.
If you leave a slot blank, no weapon, the other weapons will get a larger split of experience.

Pets/Sentinels generally take the longest to level solo, because they only get experience from their own kills (at least, I've only seen that to be the case)... however, the obscure tip, is that they get experience from Objective Completion experience bonuses... like those from Spy Vault opening (and I guess excavation defenses) I prefer spy vaults.

Edit: on the part of spy vaults, I notice some people like to brute force them, sounding the alarms and getting to the vault before the timer runs out... but there is an experience bonus for an undetected spy vault opening, so if you're runnning spy vaults to solo level stuff... get sneaky.

Edited by (PSN)AyinDygra
  • Like 2

Just another little melee tip since the auto-melee addition.

With the use of Toggle Sprint you can make seamless slide attacks by tapping your slide button as E is held. Likely works by holding down your sprint+E and tapping slide aswell.