Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Are there any tiles you are particularly fond of?

Berzerkules

On 2024-02-19 at 6:58 PM, quxier said:

Entrati labs (Wally) is interesting one. I wish we got more of it (open world?). There is some places where I go "wow, that's a fingers" or "hmm... that looks like...".

Funny that you say that. My hot take of the day is that Open Worlds are kind of pointless when in reality the tileset that is generated are actually massive. A lot of the tiles have cool layouts that we rarely use. Ceres' gimmick is criminally under utilized since the removal of the Law Of Retribution Raid. The Entrati Labs honestly have taken it to a whole new level. I would love it if they really play with the system to have similar multi missions or even bounties that uses the whole of the map as part of regular gameplay than an Open World. Although I do love the Open World design. DE level design is actually legit along with the tile set design. I would get hyped af if older tiles got the same treatment as the Corpus ships and gas city. Hell, I would love if they had some kind of Raid-lite setup where it's effectively a multi stage bounty mission, with the same intermittent drops, where it uses a tile. I would be cool if it was a static design. If I had to give an example it would be almost like the Expeditions in Outriders. 

24 minutes ago, PR1D3 said:
On 2024-02-20 at 1:58 AM, quxier said:

Entrati labs (Wally) is interesting one. I wish we got more of it (open world?). There is some places where I go "wow, that's a fingers" or "hmm... that looks like...".

Funny that you say that. My hot take of the day is that Open Worlds are kind of pointless when in reality the tileset that is generated are actually massive. A lot of the tiles have cool layouts that we rarely use. Ceres' gimmick is criminally under utilized since the removal of the Law Of Retribution Raid. The Entrati Labs honestly have taken it to a whole new level. I would love it if they really play with the system to have similar multi missions or even bounties that uses the whole of the map as part of regular gameplay than an Open World. Although I do love the Open World design. DE level design is actually legit along with the tile set design. I would get hyped af if older tiles got the same treatment as the Corpus ships and gas city. Hell, I would love if they had some kind of Raid-lite setup where it's effectively a multi stage bounty mission, with the same intermittent drops, where it uses a tile. I would be cool if it was a static design. If I had to give an example it would be almost like the Expeditions in Outriders. 

3 first Open worlds (fortuna, eidolons and deimos) were just "meh". Maybe cool looking but nothing interesting. At least not for longer time. Then comes Duviri. It's pretty good. It was first Open world in this game that I wanted to explore. If they have done something like this to Wally-world then it would be amazing. If they add buildings... then even better.

• Like 1

Okay so i guess this is an unpopular opinion since i didnt see anyone talking about these tilesets but i really like the Eris tileset. It reminds me of the old corpus ship set and i also spent hundreds of hours farming plat on Naeglar, Eris.

I also really like the europa tileset, which also nobody talked about so far. Yeah it might hurt your eyes since its a lot of white, but i think it fits together very well and i always think about running excavation fissures on europa for 4 hours with my friends back in the day until 3am.

I guess destroyed corpus ships/ outposts are just my thing when it comes to tilesets.

The Lua's womb, always a bliss to stumble on it. I love its destroyed counterpart as well, gives a totally different point of view on what your character could have become. The new circulus tile is pretty neat as well !

On a more general note, Deimos' open world. As much as the content there is meh, Vome and Fass in the background<3

Edited by Chewarette
  • Like 1

I'll go with the Mars defence tile. Its where I used to go with a new gun to level it up, back in the days when the appearance of the Hyekka master was a "oh no, this guy is tough" days. That's where I spent a lot of time experimenting with stuff, and have fond memories of shooting those grineer.

Tileset though, the void everytime.

11 hours ago, PR1D3 said:

If I had to give an example it would be almost like the Expeditions in Outriders. 

The setup of Expeditions would be perfect in WF for assassination missions. However, it would be hard to make them as potentially deadly as Expeditions could be in Outriders.

Is busy shooting horde of baby monsters. WHOOSH! Mother decides to join the fight by spitting fire at you. You are now dead.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I really like the Void tiles.  The gold and the serenity and the traps and secrets everywhere...it just felt so distinct way back in my early Warframe days, like it was a place I was never meant to be, and by being there I was getting away with something.  Mot is still my go-to place to just have fun.

In modern day Warframe, I must say that I enjoy the Entrati Labs, which have an air of mystery while still being their own distinct thing.

• Like 1

I love Duviri and the Zariman tilesets, but also the Sanctum as well. The atmosphere and ambience of these different areas are so unique and immersive. These are definitely my current favorite areas to solo and take in the areas while enjoying the art and depth invested by the talented developers. 

On 2024-02-22 at 3:29 AM, Hexerin said:

It amuses me how pretty much nobody responded with tiles as is the topic, but rather tilesets.

Why even put such a comment? Nothing constructive and mildly positive to add?

• Like 1

Zariman and Sanctum.

Back when I came back and was catching up with New War. I had no idea about Angels of the Zariman. Someone mentioned it in QnA and I was absolutely dumbfounded. I stopped when Railjack dropped. I got back in game when Voruna was introduced. I have no idea why no one went nuts when Angels of the Zariman is mentioned.. because boy I DID. The time I stopped playing, Zariman was mentioned only in lore. I still go around Halaku and looking at the angel shapes on the tile or in the dead end rooms (that I wish had more to them than just dead ends). The clutter used to hide in and make shift hidden sleeping spaces. Melica mentioning names of other children along with Rell! 

Now Sanctum. SANCTUM. The huge bodies there. The glowing scribbles on the walls and the Indifference! Wow. But my absolute fave is the sound. The murmurs, banging, the music and Tagfer's lines. I found Chains of Harrow funny because the "rap tap tap" sounded so weird. Then Sanctum dropped and you hear the "rap tap tap" for real.

Old Gas City and OG Corpus Ship.  Zariman and Sanctum are great.  Murex is awesome, but the missions attached to it aren't.  Lua is pretty awesome, but no exterm fissure.  Disruption/Survival very boring.  Corpus Outpost.  Any other tile that doesn't have low ceilings (Aka not Mars).  Fortuna and Deimos are good, but Deimos has some awful gameplay. 

Also, the companion rework did nothing for SP Deimos.  And that one invasion tile where you go outside into space or something and back in. 

Some of the invasion tiles hold up pretty well, but were butchered with new corpus ship.

Edit: I didn't mention the void because it's overplayed, but its probably still the top tile in the game.

Bring back old Corpus ship!  I love new ship more, but it is not better.

Edited by Lord_Drod

• 2 weeks later...

IDK if its a bug or what but another tile that has a strange place to me is the Grineer Galleon one with no enemy spawns on it. It is something that will always know about that tile whenever I am running through it.