Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Anti synergistic abilities are ruining co-op for me.

Poloslash18

This is a problem I am having after returning to Warframe after 2 years. It didn't happen before (or at least as much). I am talking about abilities that make other frames' abilities not work properly or out right stop working at all.

Examples: 

You are Nidus and want to larva but there's a Frost or Gauss in your team... Larva won't pull frozen enemies or if they get frozen mid larva they will stop and not get pulled.

You are Kullervo and want to wrathfully advance some poor soul but there's a Khora in the team doing her dome shenanigans now you are wrathfully unadvanced... Same with Slash Dash on Excal.

Speed Nova and Wisp's electric mote hate eachother.

Those are the ones on the top of my head right now but there are much more and of course I am not blaming the players trying to play their game and enjoy their time, this is more on the game itself. If these are intended interactions I think it's quite unhealthy for the co-op portion of the game. 

• Like 2

It's been an issue as long as I've been playing.  I don't really think it's worse than when I started, though I could be wrong.  Energy is a lot more plentiful now, so maybe.  OTOH I don't feel like I see Bastille, Strangledome, etc., nearly as much, and DE has tended to give out smaller scale CCs to newer frames.

It's hard to imagine how DE could do more than tidy the problem up a bit anyway.  Like Wrathful Advance at least gives you its buffs even if you fail to hit a target.  But when CCs are competing against each other, something is going to take priority.  (You're right though: I wish electric motes were near the very bottom of the priority list. :P )

• Like 1

Not being able to pull frozen enemies sounds like a bug. I'm pretty sure Itzal could pull them. It's how we farmed Archwing back in the day.

But yea that's always been a thing. When people played EV Trinity all the time they'd slowly kill my Nekros.
Magnetize has always been one of those things you wana yell about. Esp when Mag's start talking about their kills.

A lot of CC was that way. People using it in trivial missions.

27 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

It's been an issue as long as I've been playing.  I don't really think it's worse than when I started, though I could be wrong.  Energy is a lot more plentiful now, so maybe.  OTOH I don't feel like I see Bastille, Strangledome, etc., nearly as much, and DE has tended to give out smaller scale CCs to newer frames.

It's hard to imagine how DE could do more than tidy the problem up a bit anyway.  Like Wrathful Advance at least gives you its buffs even if you fail to hit a target.  But when CCs are competing against each other, something is going to take priority.  (You're right though: I wish electric motes were near the very bottom of the priority list. :P )

Devouring Attrition is a fairly recent addition, which can make crit buffs unwelcome.

Combat Discipline is another fairly recent addition.  More than one on the team can ruin certain setups, though even more recent changes to Equilibrium have ameliorated that.

Then there's poor Chroma trying desperately to take damage alongside the likes of Intrepid Stand and Mesmer Shield.  Poor dragon.

And then there are certain recent arcanes that reward using niche status effects... alongside a nearly ubiquitous viral weighting due to Helminthed Nourish in basically every random group.

• Like 1

Actually, thinking about it more, a lot of my perception may be due to much less Limboo.  Very solid combined usage of 2.7  in 2020.  By the end of 2023 that's all the way down to... 0.87, lol.

Say what you want about all the flaws of Eximus 2.0--and I do feel bad for all the Limbo players of non-Chaotic Evil With Trollish Tendencies alignments--but a 2/3 reduction in Limbooos might equate to a 3x increase in my co-op satisfaction. :P

57 minutes ago, sunderthefirmament said:

Then there's poor Chroma trying desperately to take damage alongside the likes of Intrepid Stand and Mesmer Shield.  Poor dragon.

Would Combat Discipline fix that? For sure it works very well in solo play, I don't know if it bypasses those two abilities though.

3 minutes ago, VibingCat said:

Would Combat Discipline fix that? For sure it works very well in solo play, I don't know if it bypasses those two abilities though.

On Kullervo and Rhino, Combat Discipline removed Overguard instead of health last I checked.  It's possible it's changed or that it works differently when other players are the source of the Overguard, I don't know.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tiltskillet said:

On Kullervo and Rhino, Combat Discipline removed Overguard instead of health last I checked.  It's possible it's changed or that it works differently when other players are the source of the Overguard, I don't know.

I played chroma before swapping to voruna (who has an actually phenomenal kit) and I can confirm having a rhino, kullervo, or intreped stand stynax on my team made me want to leave the mission as I was stuck there not being able to do anything even buffing myself was out of the question as nothing could get through the 20k overguard I had. Chroma really needs more than one and a half good abilities. Yes, combat discipline didn’t help, I hope the new augment to Vex armor bypasses overguard too or chroma is going to continue being left out to dry while in a team with overguard frames

Edited by Nerthiril
  • Like 1

It's pubs, you're not going to get a cohesive group comp ever.

How can DE account for every possible scenario we will encounter with all the possible loadout combinations we have available to us. Some things just won't mesh well, especially when you have multiple people with various play styles and different goals/expectations for each mission.

I can't even get my 3 kids to agree on what they want for dinner and I sure af don't expect the 3 pug randos that I've never met nor had any prior communication with to bring a build that's going to play friendly with mine. 

Honestly that's why I play Excalibur, can't have an issue with anti-synergy if your abilities don't really matter (aside from the occasional Exalted Blade smackdown).

But I don't bother using Slash Dash for anything other than mildly embarrassing Volt/Gauss players by beating them to extraction somehow, so that's probably just a me thing.