Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can we have a better rhino passive?

DocRuby

I don't expect any of this to actually happen, but can we get a change to Rhino's passive in all honesty it's pretty stupid on the falling from a height and creating shockwaves that do pitiful damage. If we could actually have our passive scale off of our melee slam attacks for damage and range of the shockwave scale off of the melee range of of our melee weapons or better yet can we get an augment mod that disables his passive and gives us a percentage more of armor or more power strength because that would be even more useful than his current passive.

• Like 3

either make it scale based of melee slam damage or change it for something else. personally I always liked this idea

new passive: Momentum: as Rhino begins to sprint, his speed gradually increases until it reaches his sprint speed +50%. while sprinting, any enemies that rhino contacts are violently pushed away, dealing impact damage and dizzying them after they recover, causing their accuracy to be reduced for 10 secs. in addition, he also automatically breaks any breakable object he sprints into (containers, entrati lab furniture etc)

Rhino is described as the heaviest warframe, he should feel like an juggernaut, and this would go a long way to give him that feeling again!

• Like 4

I'd like better passives in general. 

Passives at this point are so bad I kind wish they just did away with them. 

Passives should be like rank 1 Arcanes IMPO. But the more niche ones.

How about letting Rhino have an Aggressive instead of a Passive? After all he has been known to eat enemies. Thats not very passive. 

Then his Aggressive can be Endangered. The less Rhino that are in a team, the more rare and endangered they are, so that get a broad stat boost as well as an aggro function. Minimum of one. The more Rhino in a team, the less buff and aggro required. Less rare, less endangered. Does get a buff to animal instinct and enemy and loot radar though with more Rhino. This will also scale with Rhino's fashion synchronisation as well. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

How about letting Rhino have an Aggressive instead of a Passive? After all he has been known to eat enemies. Thats not very passive. 

Unless its an absorptive form of digestion, like a fungus or tapeworm.  Actually we could combine passive, aggressive, and eating and give him Absorptive Digestion, where if he stands still he gradually eats enemies that stay within 5m over the course of, say, 24 hours or so.

Actually this seems a little unfair though, giving Rhino a passive that's about the same as Inaros' Devour.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

Unless its an absorptive form of digestion, like a fungus or tapeworm.  Actually we could combine passive, aggressive, and eating and give him Absorptive Digestion, where if he stands still he gradually eats enemies that stay within 5m over the course of, say, 24 hours or so.

Actually this seems a little unfair though, giving Rhino a passive that's about the same as Inaros' Devour.

Good thinking. I like it, I like it. 

That being said, I don't think its doing enough to raise awareness to the plight of Rhino.

In hindsight, my reference to Rhino aggressively eating enemies, doesn't really help their image... So in combination with your idea, how about we let Rhino create little mini baby Rhinos. That way he Devours but he also Feeds the young. Who wouldn't want additional little mini Rhinos accompanying their main Rhino. The fashion will carry over naturally. Robotic Hounds have a similar ability, so the coding is already there.

Mini Rhinos Meta.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

how about we let Rhino create little mini baby Rhinos. That way he Devours but he also Feeds the young. Who wouldn't want additional little mini Rhinos accompanying their main Rhino. The fashion will carry over naturally. Robotic Hounds have a similar ability, so the coding is already there.

Baby Rhino GIF

DE, make it happen.

• Like 1

On 2024-03-02 at 12:34 PM, Aldain said:

Frost, Loki and Rhino are in my top 5 for the "Wait they have a passive?" tier list.

Frost passive is the biggest middle finger from a dev I have ever seen lol

5 hours ago, Cyrefy said:

I suggest that his passive is to pull the enemies' aggro

On 3/2/2024 at 12:46 AM, TheArmchairThinker said:

Knockdown when making contact with enemies while sprinting!

Honestly these are acceptable. People thinking one dimensionally and obsessing over power. It’s a passive. Unless it’s some kind of keystone ability that makes everything in the frame’s kit work better it just needs to be some utility. Now it should give you some return/use but it doesn’t need to be something that exacerbates the power creep for gods sake.

• Like 1