Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PSA: Hotfixing paused until Dante Unbound

[DE]Sam

Howdy, Tenno!

Do you hear that? The Gruzzlings can almost be heard creeping through Albrecht’s Laboratory. But before they can reveal themselves, Hotfixing will be paused as we put our heads down developing March’s Dante Unbound Update - Coming March 27th!

However, March kicks off our 11-year Anniversary as well! We’re offering a brand new Dex Nikana Melee Weapon to players who log on, in addition to previous Anniversary-themed Dex rewards from weekly in-game Alerts. Stay tuned for when the anniversary celebrations ramp up in March! 

As well, our St. Patrick’s Day celebrations continue! The Shamrock Color Palette returns for 1 Credit in the Market! Plus, you can save your pot of gold as many Weapons and Customizations are 25% off until March 22 at 11 a.m. ET. For a fuller run-down, read here!

Day-to-day operations continue, as expected! We’re still gathering feedback, bug reports, and everything in between from everyone! 

And although we’re going dark, we’re still alight at the following:

• Prime Time, Warframe International and Devshorts continue! 
  • Devstream 178 is next at PAX East on March 22nd at 3 p.m. ET! We’ll be joined by Megan Everett, Rebecca Ford, Geoff Crookes and a special guest: Ben Starr!
  • TennoCon 2024 draws closer! Physical Tickets and the Digital Pack open up on March 28, 2024! For more information, check out the landing page! Additionally, the TennoCon 2024 Cosplay Contest & Community Showcase have opened up for pre-registration and Submissions, respectively.

As Dante Unbound draws closer, we couldn’t be more excited to get his story-telling abilities into your hands. Thank you for your patience!

• Like 11

Netracells are broke still , mobile being forced into the mix as a inferior host platform like switch causes more bugs than not ..but instead of fixing these issues your haulting hotfixes yet again we need less stuff added that is prone to cause more issues and fixes for those that are a problem now before new stuff what's the point of new content if inferior hosts cut out causing bugs or crashes makeing new content not playable like netracells

• Like 6

you know what I mean by dirk.

Steve said the update wouldn't be on the 30th of march, but the 27th is seriously almost the same. what a joke with all the other games coming, the hype is really coming down.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TomerB said:

you know what I mean by dirk.

Steve said the update wouldn't be on the 30th of march, but the 27th is seriously almost the same. what a joke with all the other games coming, the hype is really coming down.

While I do agree, it is still nice that we have an actual release date now, but as I said in the other topic, what can you do, I guess they'll have to hope that players will come to play Warframe over the other games that are coming out. 🤦‍♂️🤷‍♂️. While I'm not going to pretend I know how such works, I can't imagine the shareholders (Tencent) being too happy with this choice, but again, what do I know?

We can't control it, so play other games until the update is out I guess 👍🏼

Edited by Circle_of_Psi

Dawg if it takes over a year to fix something, it's not a hot fix. It's a "pulling it out of the chest freezer, rubbing it between your hands, and slapping it on a dinner plate" fix. We want a limbo that doesn't explode after taking one eximus shot to the taint.

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, UnstarPrime said:

The game content can only be released when the game content's development is finished.

What would you do differently?

Make better scheduling 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, UnstarPrime said:

The game content can only be released when the game content's development is finished.

Let us, pc players, beta test content. We used to do this. DE get opinions/bugreports/suggestion and we get update earlier. It's "win win" situation. Sure, console/mobile would get it later because certificates but it would be still better/earlier content.

2 minutes ago, TomerB said:
29 minutes ago, UnstarPrime said:

Make better scheduling 

If that were easy... You can have "almost" finished product and one bug appears and you spend hours, fixing it.

4 minutes ago, TomerB said:

Make better scheduling 

Can you describe that in a less abstract way?  Like, what actions should be taken that will result in the change you're looking for?  Because as I mentioned, they can't simply schedule the update for a release date when it won't be ready.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, UnstarPrime said:

Can you describe that in a less abstract way?  Like, what actions should be taken that will result in the change you're looking for?  Because as I mentioned, they can't simply schedule the update for a release date when it won't be ready.

No, no, no, it's not complicated.  You just put "READY TO RELEASE UPDATE"* in all caps on the company's shared calendar.  But put it on an EARLY date.  And then when that day comes...you release it.   Implement this plan and really nothing is stopping us from getting major expansions every day!

*Extra credit for posting "READY TO RELEASE BUG FREE UPDATE".

Simple Plan Ghosts GIF by CBS

• Like 2

2 hours ago, the_krispy_kernel said:

We want a limbo that doesn't explode after taking one eximus shot to the taint.

Limbo main here! I don't have that problem because I consider Eximus units to be high-priority targets that are to be eliminated immediately. It isn't a Limbo issue, it's a target prioritization issue. In other words:

GZA9Smt.pngand no, his Zanuka project will not fix that for you.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, KuragiKriada said:
5 hours ago, the_krispy_kernel said:

We want a limbo that doesn't explode after taking one eximus shot to the taint.

Limbo main here! I don't have that problem because I consider Eximus units to be high-priority targets that are to be eliminated immediately. It isn't a Limbo issue, it's a target prioritization issue. In other words:

GZA9Smt.pngand no, his Zanuka project will not fix that for you.

*Meanwhile I around Eximus, Sentients, Jumpers, Nullies and other Overguard units with only few normal units*: so you are saying that I need to pick the highest of the high target first then continue with other part of enemies? Let me use simple method:

Ip dip doo,
The cat's got the flu,
The dog's got the chickenpox,
So out goes you.

4 hours ago, Tiltskillet said:
4 hours ago, UnstarPrime said:

No, no, no, it's not complicated.  You just put "READY TO RELEASE UPDATE"* in all caps on the company's shared calendar.  But put it on an EARLY date.  And then when that day comes...you release it.   Implement this plan and really nothing is stopping us from getting major expansions every day!

*Extra credit for posting "READY TO RELEASE BUG FREE UPDATE".

Next time DE: "Echoes of whispers of Dante AMR" will come 27th March.

• Like 1

14 days after the last Hotfix, you tell us that there will be no hot fixes for another 14 days 🙃
 You know this adds up to almost a full month of literal nothing, right?

Meanwhile, Glaive class weapon's detonation is still bugged while dual wielding....... Since the launch of Whispers in the Walls... that launched on December 13th..... 3 months ago.. Quarter of a YEAR ago 🙃 But yeah why fix it, it is not like it's a core gameplay feature that cannot be turned off to circumvent it or anything 🫠

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Do_High_Go said:

14 days after the last Hotfix, you tell us that there will be no hot fixes for another 14 days 🙃
 You know this adds up to almost a full month of literal nothing, right?

You'll get used to it

Weak time for de to content drought tons of good games on the way and new bill being set to law getting rid of co. Like tictok who is owned by the cccp kinda like tencent is won't be long

On 2024-03-14 at 7:44 PM, RafMatador22 said:

I'm surprised by some complaints here, I'm playing the content from the new update and everything seems to work very well, I haven't had any serious problems so far.

Good on you but that's not the community see the forums it's littered with bug reports left ignored for almost a yr now and we have now seen 2 fix haults to game crashing issues in favor of rushes or stalls

On 2024-03-14 at 7:48 PM, Circle_of_Psi said:

You'll get used to it

Nah, I would rather not. Getting used to it only incentivizes the devs to do it more often - complacency is BAD! It kills games!

I understand why they didn't just say on last hotfix "See you in a month", that would make people dissatisfied instantly. Like this people are only "half displeased" so I guess it is a PR win right? Still doesn't make it any less scummy even if I understand.

2 hours ago, Do_High_Go said:

Nah, I would rather not. Getting used to it only incentivizes the devs to do it more often - complacency is BAD! It kills games!

I understand why they didn't just say on last hotfix "See you in a month", that would make people dissatisfied instantly. Like this people are only "half displeased" so I guess it is a PR win right? Still doesn't make it any less scummy even if I understand.

Not sure how long you've been here, but I'm afraid you'll have to, DE are notorious for this.

Fancy update, nah let's wait until new games come out, Let's also show the same thing we showed on the last dev stream at Pax east!

No hotfixes until we say!

Welcome to WF my good pal o7

Here's hoping Update: "Daunting Unbound Keys" finally has DE recognize that Auto-Melee being a toggle is a good idea instead of spitting on the faces of Melee players.

• ... Right in the same ballpark as "maybe we should nerf Gloom as a subsume." because people can't resist using it in a Defense mission.
    • Keep in mind, we nerfed Lycath's Hunt and Fractured Blast. Clearly those are too dangerous to keep around.
    • Anyway, here's Nourish to also max your energy on a dime.
    • Consistency, DE. Let's try to keep it.
  • ... And "Maybe the grace period on Mesmer Skin was a bad idea." since it shouldn't be a surprise the Big Invincibility gets the top most usage.
  • ... Or perhaps "Maybe we should put a line of sight check on Khora's Strangledome and Vauban's Vortex" so that people can stop snagging the entire map onto walls for other people to clean up. 
    • Namely: Me, I'm not the janitor. I don't get paid for this.
    • DE however, does.

Keep in mind, I'm well aware I may not sound sugary-sweet right now.
That's because while you were busy fixing the lighting engine, I was busy facing the consequences of said lighting engine.
Seriously, it's amazing how a lighting bug that can cause damage to your hardware was just... completely glossed over! Simple mistake, right?
I'd talk about it more if I didn't have a knife to my throat, but c'est le vie. That's the reality we build!

Here's to another year of asking for the obvious!
... with some extremely generous rounding down, mind you.

• Like 1