Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Does the rewards in the game need a reworks ?

Whether it is a ridiculously small amount of credits, bullS#&$ random mods that drops 8 time in a mission as a timed reward, an even smaller amount of endo, longer missions have been plagued with underwhelming and borderlin trash rewards.
Did DE ever communicate about a rework of the drops tables ?
Am I the only one that feel like I got scamed when I get 600 endo after 8 round/ 25 minutes of Sanctuary Onslaught ?
Why are 6% drop rates Items locked behind a bloated and mostly void of rewarding item C rotation ?
Does the rewards need a reworks ?

Sorry for the salty veteran's rant.
Have a good one.

• Like 2

I'm not sure how you can be low on credits.  Both of our last two thermia fractures stabilized well before the event expired; I even posted about the last one here.  The result was an ez 1.4M credits every 3min for anyone who needs them and is even remotely paying attention.

As for drops, you'll probably have to be more specific but overall plat is the great equalizer.  Sometimes you're going to get two drops of A while someone else gets two drops of B.  One trade and you both have set AB, no further farming required. I notice you haven't even logged into your warframe.market in about a year; if you're not willing to engage with the market, farms are going to feel much worse than they really are.

26 minutes ago, sly_squash said:

I'm not sure how you can be low on credits.  Both of our last two thermia fractures stabilized well before the event expired; I even posted about the last one here.  The result was an ez 1.4M credits every 3min for anyone who needs them and is even remotely paying attention.

OP may not need credits. However getting e.g. 50k credits instead of 3k would be better.

54 minutes ago, Avadiel_tv said:

I only remember increasing endo from enemies (15).

Sometimes we hear that something is praised (e.g. voruna grind) but later we get time gates & other silly stuff.

57 minutes ago, Avadiel_tv said:

Have a good one.

Not every part of game needs it. I've farmed 2 frames & 2 weapons in the newest upgrade. On other hand I haven't farmed all Incarnons. One part is that they are "meh" but another is timegate & grind (few hours for 2nd incarnon afair).

I don't think we need rework but some kind of standard. X minutes for weapon, Y minutes for frame etc. Add some efficiency factor and we can work with it.

Not really a need for a rework. Some people need a bit of everything so run those missions, if someone needs something specific there are options for that to target far already. C rewards are supposed to be rare, that is just how it is. What could be done is giving everything the disruption treatment, since it awards you for staying and playing the mission based on what you need.

Need endo? Hit up arbitrations.

Need credits? Hit up Index, Profit Taker or the Neptune(?) Disruption.

Need specific relics? Hit up any disruption with the right tier and learn how rotations work there.

Then for newer releases things have gotten alot easier to obtain due to "token" options and difficulty choices that aware a higher chance for the drops and more tokens. I practically got done in 2 and a half hours today getting everything that went live yesterday. 2 frames and one of each weapon and only bought a few parts from the vendor, which a heap of tokens left to throw on whatever. And that was all done in two disruption runs.

7 hours ago, zThulsaDoomz said:

I just want scaling rewards.

As in the longer I'm in a mission, or the higher the level of enemies, the greater the amount of said reward. 

Seems simple enough to implement 

we ALL want that.. but DE don't, because they're averse to people doing one mission for however long and getting a lot of stuff in one go, hence the temporary trade restrictions for people who end up doing many hour long survivals and other measures.

I agree that 3k credits is hardly a reward, but there aren't really any other thigns they can be replaced with without making those rewards less valuable/relevant.

It's come up several times over the years.

Last I recall was endless Kuva missions. DE refused to budge then either. They can't really.
There is not even a semblance of balance in the game so how could they reward players for fighting higher level enemies.

They pretend of course. Sorties were called quote "End-Game Content" when players had far surpassed that level range years before. The bar is always far lower than actual power performance is and with the changed enemy defenses. It will stay that way. Fact is we beat the game years ago even before scaling nerfs.

We can all keep playing like it didn't happen like we do but DE cannot actually throw a challenge at players anymore so they can't reward it either.
DE Steve already mentioned the AABC rotation was a mistake. Giving players a set point to end missions but the damage has been done.

Personally I've never seen the problem with Endo/Credit rewards in content. It's not DE's fault that some players went and farmed up billions of Endo and Credits and/or refuse to farm those passively while only going to dedicated farms for them. Those drops are valuable to all other players who didn't grind out massive stockpiles in their downtime.

Beyond that there's also the whole point of those resources and them being rewarded in small values in the first place: padding. Something which is required in all games and especially in Warframe thanks to how the community is and how non-grinding the game is relative to other similar games. Like if DE took the route of similar games those drops would be literally worthless to nearly all players assuming there'd be a drop at all.

Padding is also why one-time drops are almost always put behind C rotations. If items like that were something like a 20% A rotation drop then most players would stop running that content within a few hours of starting the farm. Then complain about having nothing to do and/or stop playing until the next update to repeat the cycle. Something that's not good for the players, game, or DE.

So as a "veteran" who's been around for 11 years now, no, I don't see any need to rework rewards.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, zThulsaDoomz said:

I just want scaling rewards.

As in the longer I'm in a mission, or the higher the level of enemies, the greater the amount of said reward. 

Seems simple enough to implement 

Sadly your personal desires do not exactly line up with DE policy. They do not want players to play many hours in one mission and they will not incentivise this approach.

• Like 1

Le 29/03/2024 à 08:54, Zakkhar a dit :

Sadly your personal desires do not exactly line up with DE policy. They do not want players to play many hours in one mission and they will not incentivise this approach.

Well, it used to be. Most of my now inactives freinds where affictionados of T1-3 survival/def/interception where we would stay 1 to 4 hours in a game. That was trully a good time to max the reward while using only one key ( a nigthmare if u wanted a specific drop though).

Le 29/03/2024 à 08:50, trst a dit :

Personally I've never seen the problem with Endo/Credit rewards in content. It's not DE's fault that some players went and farmed up billions of Endo and Credits and/or refuse to farm those passively while only going to dedicated farms for them. Those drops are valuable to all other players who didn't grind out massive stockpiles in their downtime.

I don't say that they aren't valuable, I'm questioning whether having 3000 credits in reward a good thing. Let's face it you'll drop more than that in one minute of any regular game than any reward of a regular 5 minutes rotation. So that's bloathing the reward table whit essensially non rewards. Mods are a nessecity for new player, relics are too. Endo is mid tier rewards and 3000 credits just leave a bad taste when killing X corpus give you more or less the same amount imo.

Le 29/03/2024 à 08:50, trst a dit :

Padding is also why one-time drops are almost always put behind C rotations. If items like that were something like a 20% A rotation drop then most players would stop running that content within a few hours of starting the farm. Then complain about having nothing to do and/or stop playing until the next update to repeat the cycle. Something that's not good for the players, game, or DE.

That's just a band-aid on and severd leg. It doesn't change the fact that most of the old content is irrevelant for most of the community. They are making the game grindier that it needs to be. The probleme is still the same you have to sit in wait for 20 minutes to get one rewards to might be good, might be S#&$ and do it again. The new system whit those currencies to help mitigate the farm are better but they are not perfect. If RNG shaft you, you'll still have to make a good amount of that money to get everything, thuss waisting hours and hours running after small cristals and S#&$s.

Le 29/03/2024 à 05:17, Xzorn a dit :

Sorties were called quote "End-Game Content" when players had far surpassed that level range years before. The bar is always far lower than actual power performance is and with the changed enemy defenses. It will stay that way. Fact is we beat the game years ago even before scaling nerfs.

Sorties, Netra cells, Archontes. All that is a breeze. They should bring back raids in all their glory, with the bugs and all. That at least made 8 ppl connect everyday to farm in a group and were at least a sort of end game/clan involvement mechanic. 
The circuits is also the most boring ever for "endgame" content. Sit there for few hours straight and wait to get your points cause the fun died the first week it was released.

Well good sirs, I didn't think that you all would have relplied a much as you did. It was all an all just a rant about the sate of the game form the point of view of a barely hanging in veteran that's seen to many of is fellow clan members leaving the game/pausing for years now. 
Have a good day. 

Am 28.3.2024 um 17:26 schrieb Avadiel_tv:

Whether it is a ridiculously small amount of credits, bullS#&$ random mods that drops 8 time in a mission as a timed reward, an even smaller amount of endo, longer missions have been plagued with underwhelming and borderlin trash rewards.
Am I the only one that feel like I got scamed when I get 600 endo after 8 round/ 25 minutes of Sanctuary Onslaught ?
Why are 6% drop rates Items locked behind a bloated and mostly void of rewarding item C rotation ?

Have a good one.

sure. if you play daily many hours all this horrible drops doesnt matter. and if you are high mr then this doesnt matter too. because there is not enough content.

but if you are new player then gl&hf. they will need it. and they will have hard time with their trash gear with no ammo for ranged weapons.

9 hours ago, Avadiel_tv said:

I don't say that they aren't valuable, I'm questioning whether having 3000 credits in reward a good thing. Let's face it you'll drop more than that in one minute of any regular game than any reward of a regular 5 minutes rotation. So that's bloathing the reward table whit essensially non rewards. Mods are a nessecity for new player, relics are too. Endo is mid tier rewards and 3000 credits just leave a bad taste when killing X corpus give you more or less the same amount imo.

It's still more Credits and Endo in the end. Even if a Credit Cache was worth say the equal number of Credits gained from killing 50 enemies that's still 50 more enemies worth of Credits you didn't have to kill. All of it adds up and is how passive farming is viable vs focused farming those resources.

9 hours ago, Avadiel_tv said:

That's just a band-aid on and severd leg. It doesn't change the fact that most of the old content is irrevelant for most of the community. They are making the game grindier that it needs to be. The probleme is still the same you have to sit in wait for 20 minutes to get one rewards to might be good, might be S#&$ and do it again. The new system whit those currencies to help mitigate the farm are better but they are not perfect. If RNG shaft you, you'll still have to make a good amount of that money to get everything, thuss waisting hours and hours running after small cristals and S#&$s.

Old content being relevant or not has absolutely nothing to do with padding. The point is to intentionally make it grindier (rather, actually have a grind at all) to make content take longer to complete. That way when the content releases players can't finish in a few hours what DE spent months making. And so that new players can't finish the game within a matter of weeks.

So spending 20 minutes at just a chance of the reward you want is 100% intentional. Even with the currency systems you're still having to spend far more time in that content than if they were all high drop rate items in an earlier tier. Also, if anything, the currency systems are just there to prevent outliers of those who fall way above or below the expected return.