Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×

I received 4 Melee Arcane Adapters in my Netracell this week. This cannot continue.

Having heard that the Netracell rewards were looked at, I was very excited to jump back in and do my weekly Netracells to get on that "3 regular shards per Taushard" grind. I was very upset when the only haul I could muster was a single blue regular shard and 4 Melee Adapters. After getting dunked on by RNG like that, I almost wanted to call quits on this entire update. I am hoping that the extra challenge added next week can give me a little redemption on my terrible luck, but Melee Adapters should NOT be a reward in the limited Netracell run. It feels honestly so terrible. Its not exciting to get shards this way, when its the primary way of getting them. It just feels like I wasted my time if I don't. Get me excited about rare tau shards, sure, but at least guarantee me the bare minimum. I dont know how many weeks it will take me to get the three red shards I need to finish my build for Dante. Theres over 50 Warframes now, and I do want to have them all upgraded to their best potential. I am sitting on 16 Melee arcane adapters now, after having installed one in all of my favourite melees. Its enough.
image.png?ex=6619bec3&is=660749c3&hm=c33

• Like 9

It's like if DE doesn't understand what we - the players - want from the Netracell runs the most. Which are the shards. Not the arcanes, not the adapters... The shards.

But no. They do understand that. They very much do. That's exactly why they shove arcanes and adapters into the RNG bundle. To keep the players engaged and playing, more and more, until we get the desired thing. And if it makes some "weak-willed"(in their eyes) people stop/leave - it's no biggie. Because the majority of people will still keep coming back, in hopes of that RNG being on their side and giving shards.

Typical corporate predatory "player retention" tactics. Which is at least to an extent understandable, considering Warframe is a F2P title and they do need that player retention to keep the numbers going. It's worse when other devs shove these same mechanics into pay-to-play games... oof. And then monthly subscription payment on top too, all while having similar RNG "retention tools" in there, so even bigger oof.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, De_Kappatated said:

and 4 Melee Adapters.

Congrats on winning the 1-in-1,975 odds!

But in all seriousness, IMO Netracells are in a good spot now. Yes, shards are the main draw, but you have a 65.01% chance to get a shard every run (the arcanes are good too IMO, so you have an 85.01% chance of getting something good). But RNG will forever be RNG (the "loss" is 50k standing essentially though).

And shards in general are finally in a good spot. We have 3 sources of them, and we can finally fuse normal shards into Tau. And together with Deep Archimedean, that's 2 guaranteed shards a week and a high chance of up to 7 more. 

• Like 8

6 hours ago, BalaDeSilver said:

Yeah, that should be Bird3's job, giving Adapters for standing, not Netracell rewards...

It shouldn't be Birds 3 Job, it should be Teshins god damn job to give us adapters for SE like he gives us all other adapters. And I 100% agree that adapters shouldn't be locked behind rng, while I am sitting here buying them for plat because i get nearly none out of Netracells, that dude is approaching having a greater ammount of melee adapters then there are melees in the game. You should have full controll about how many you own, at least considering arcane adapters in generall.

• Like 5

That's RNG being RNG , unfair as it may seem , let's wait for the update with the guaranteed rewards coming this week.

P.s. I got 2 regular , 2 tauforged and 1 adapter this week. (Tooting nobodies horn) 

Edited by 0_The_F00l
Typos

Just not your week, seems. I got 3 usual shards, 1 Tau and Melee duplicate last week. This week i got 3 usual shards, 1 Duplicate, 1 Crescendo. Honestly, with option to fuse usual shards for Tau, maybe i have more shards than i actualy need. So, legendary melee arcanes even more wanted for me, even than Tau shards=) DE did good with removing silver and gold arcanes from Netracell drops. Community`s most wanted Netracell change becomes true, finally.

On 2024-03-31 at 7:40 PM, KitMeHarder said:

Congrats on winning the 1-in-1,975 odds!

But in all seriousness, IMO Netracells are in a good spot now. Yes, shards are the main draw, but you have a 65.01% chance to get a shard every run (the arcanes are good too IMO, so you have an 85.01% chance of getting something good). But RNG will forever be RNG (the "loss" is 50k standing essentially though).

And shards in general are finally in a good spot. We have 3 sources of them, and we can finally fuse normal shards into Tau. And together with Deep Archimedean, that's 2 guaranteed shards a week and a high chance of up to 7 more. 

Literally did them for 8-10 weeks straight and didn't get a single shard. Haven't touched them since. Massive scam. We have way too many sinks for shards, with the fusions and now the 3for 1 tau, and 1 SINGLE guaranteed drop per week......

Bro to even get one frame to 5 reds is 15 weeks, not even counting if u want taus..... Now do that for like 4 frames and include the combined shard colours and ur never getting it done.

There should be a repeatable way of getting shards, don't care if it's a hard mission or a long one, just make it repeatable and not with a 0.00000001% chance.

• Like 3

hace 16 horas, MemeDIO dijo:

3for 1 tau

It should be 2 for 1 tau, tbf. To me, thats the massive scam.

I personally find that netracells are in a much better spot rn. But i still don't like to add a week limit + RNG. That just lead to problems with people having bad luck.

• Like 1

I too have had the rough end of the stick on Netracell runs since the drop table changes, with 7 adapters, 2 legendary arcanes and 1 shard.

Hopefully i don't see any more adapters for a while and get better shard luck, but I also agree that limited run game modes shouldn't contain items that are available to purchase from vendors.

Netracells should be shards and legendary arcanes only IMO.

• Like 1

On 2024-04-01 at 11:59 AM, MemeDIO said:

Literally did them for 8-10 weeks straight and didn't get a single shard. Haven't touched them since. Massive scam.

The drop table changes just happened. Netreacells did suck before, but as of last week I personally am happy with the drop chances. If people really want the adapters removed then all the better, but good luck.

and 1 SINGLE guaranteed drop per week......

There are 2 guaranteed per week. And a high chance of 8 more now that Deep Archs have been added.

Bro to even get one frame to 5 reds is 15 weeks, not even counting if u want taus..... Now do that for like 4 frames and include the combined shard colours and ur never getting it done.

It only takes 7.5 weeks on average if all we're counting is guaranteed drops. And it sounds like you might not have been collecting shards when they first were added. The rate of shards and tua shards back then was horrendous. What we have now is finally good (not perfect, not get this grind done in 3 days, etc... just good).

If you still want better odds then good on you, but I'm not fighting the war with you because I know it's near guaranteed nothing will come of it.