The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can people please stop wasting their revives?

Just finished a tridolon this evening and by the end, I was the last guy standing. Everyone else had gotten downed over and over again and instead of giving someone else a chance to pick them up, they insta-revived.

I get wanting to be back on your feet again rightaway and I also get that sometimes you don't wanna endanger a teammate by making them stand in place and wait for the revive to finish, but please, take at least a second to look if someone is moving towards you to revive and whether or not you can be revived somewhat safely. Also, consider the mission type. It's one thing if it's just a quick regular mission and you just got unlucky and don't wanna slow everyone down, but if the entire team is taking a beating and you know that you're likely to go down again, you gotta give a team revive every chance there can be,

I'm gonna be honest: Failing a mission in Warframe just from a complete team wipe is hard (outside of specific mission types such as Netracells and Arbitrations), but spamming your revives is a promising method to do exactly that.

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, Darthplagueis13 said:

I also get that sometimes you don't wanna endanger a teammate by making them stand in place and wait for the revive to finish,

do people in 2024 still not know that you can revive people while in operator/drifter's void mode? there's really no excuses anymore: you're cloaked AND invincible while you revive people...

• Like 10

9 minutes ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

do people in 2024 still not know that you can revive people while in operator/drifter's void mode? there's really no excuses anymore: you're cloaked AND invincible while you revive people...

Which is why DE has to stop removing Mastery rank requirements for stuff so players have to go through the learning process before jumping into content like this.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

Which is why DE has to stop removing Mastery rank requirements for stuff so players have to go through the learning process before jumping into content like this.

Can you explain how earning more Mastery Ranks will reliably teach players how to revive their teammates in Void Mode?  The connection seems tenuous at best.

• Like 7

29 minutes ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

It would make more sense to create more intro quests, or a type of mastery rank style test designed around what content you're trying to enter. You'd have to pass them and prove you're ready for the content that way before you'd be allowed to queue up in real missions

Mastery rank on its own is meaningless, it doesn't tell you anything except how much stuff you've leveled up, and I see so many high-MR players playing poorly and wasting their revives anyways

• Like 3

It's pretty hard to "waste" a revive when you have practically unlimited and there's very little consequence to dying.

You're moreso observing people participating in missions that they shouldn't be.

• Like 1

If you haven't notice by now those people are just there to be carried. Waste all the revive, alt tab, then come back later to get loot. Can't be kicked if the player is dead. If I'm the last person alive during Eidolon hunt, I'll just go to the gate. Less time wasted.

• Like 2

Yeah I get it, but a lot of people have conflicting and competing takes and attitudes on the matter, even in this thread. For me, and how i play games, well, thats just it, they are games. I have also naturally been good at games, so in co-op games I like to help people, even if they seem to struggle. Its no issue to carry or assist them. Many other people though, prefer optimal/speed with their team mates. Something something leeching, being a freeloader etc I might have a different take but opinions/preferences and all that. 

In Eidolons specifically, I would rather just revive my team mates when/if I can, and have them save their revives till really necessarily (like if three people die at the same time, I revive one, starting reviving the second, then first dies again, and the 3rd guy is 200 meters away or something), but I don't get into that situation too often. 

9 hours ago, Hexerin said:

If you're dying enough that revive count is something that even enters consideration, you're simply not ready for the content in the first place.

8 hours ago, Voltage said:

You're moreso observing people participating in missions that they shouldn't be.

This isn't wrong but it's not really correct either.

OP is describing a mission where they WOULD have won IF OP's teammates had just waited the 10 seconds it would take for OP to revive them. Player skill is a very small factor in your success, but it is still a factor

I for one think the bleed out button promotes bad habits and a hostile level of impatience, and it should be disabled for the first five seconds or so of a player's downed state

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Pakaku said:

mastery rank style test designed around what content

Honestly this is what Mastery Tests should be. 

They should be gate keepers to various aspects of the game's content. 

Sure, this would require a complete revamp and could hurt profits as the current system is designed to force players to use everything in game once...

But instead of those horrible, pointless, and confusing (I've been helping a new wave of players for a few months now.) Specter battles, they should have Questlines and mastery tests that must be cleared in order to progress through the chart.

Then, as new missions become available. Have a mandatory mastery test that teach the mechanics (ala: Mirror Defense, Disruption).

After a certain rank, Mastery should become optional to pursue however. 

• Like 1

vor 6 Stunden schrieb TARINunit9:

OP is describing a mission where they WOULD have won IF OP's teammates had just waited the 10 seconds it would take for OP to revive them

Well, we did half-win it. Killed the Hydrolyst instead of capping it, so technically the bounty was considered a fail. Surprised me a bit, too, because I thought we had enough lures, but maybe one wasn't properly charged. Either way, we were running really short on time so I couldn't go get another one at the end.

But yeah, it would have been a lot more relaxed and have ended in a lot more living teammates at the end if those people had simply had the patience to wait for a res instead of pressing the button as soon as they went down.

20 hours ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

It's worse.

Aside from a random target in the starting Rescue mission, we don't have any tutorial that says you can even Revive other players. Unless you happen to see the prompt pop up, the New Player Experience does not introduce the concept of Reviving other team members.

On top of that, the drive to make Warframe game times more flexible to the players that can't dedicate hours in a week to it, most missions grant all of the rewards they're going to when players only spend around twenty minutes in mission at longest. The players can still grind everything out without going for longer sessions and so the vast majority of newer players don't even burn through all their revives in a single mission, even when playing badly.

Honestly...

I learned to Revive back when self revives cost Platinum to replace, per frame, per day, and only returned naturally after the daily reset. Much like Bianca up there. So we definitely have that mind-set nailed down.

Newer players don't know how good they have it...

Posted (edited)
vor 4 Minuten schrieb Birdframe_Prime:

we don't have any tutorial that says you can even Revive other players.

I believe there's a Lotus voiceline about it, but it plays very inconsistently for some reason.

Edited by Darthplagueis13

4 minutes ago, Darthplagueis13 said:

I believe there's a Lotus voiceline about it, but it plays very inconsistently for some reason.

Oh, DE actually explained that one once. Back when they added a whole new load of voice lines for the Lotus (before The War Within, I think), they said that Tutorial style of voice lines would be biased on their chance of playing, it would depend on both the player level and the mission they were on. There was also something about it having a cooldown based on how many times it had played in the past number of days.

So that voice line, for example, is most likely to play when you're on the missions below level 15-20, and more likely if your MR is below 3. If you're a high MR and playing on higher level content, it should barely happen ever.

vor 19 Minuten schrieb Birdframe_Prime:

Oh, DE actually explained that one once. Back when they added a whole new load of voice lines for the Lotus (before The War Within, I think), they said that Tutorial style of voice lines would be biased on their chance of playing, it would depend on both the player level and the mission they were on. There was also something about it having a cooldown based on how many times it had played in the past number of days.

So that voice line, for example, is most likely to play when you're on the missions below level 15-20, and more likely if your MR is below 3. If you're a high MR and playing on higher level content, it should barely happen ever.

Makes sense, I guess.

Nothing more painful than running across the map to revive someone, and they self-revive anyway when you're inches away from them.

Or worst still, you're half-way through reviving them and they do the insta-revive. Which just puts you at risk.

No ill will towards those players, but when I find a player who keeps consistantly self-reviving when I'm standing over them trying to rez them, I just stop bothering reviving them.

If you want to keep wasting my time, then I'm gonna leave someone else to revive you, and if nobody else revives you? Then I guess it's karma.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, (XBOX)Player244024418 said:

Maybe they did a last gasp? At the end of the mission do you view the summary screen to see if they "died"? If they have 0 deaths that means they self revived. 

I've not come across it much in recent Warframe, but this was back before Last Gasp was a thing.

On 2024-04-03 at 6:34 PM, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

On xbox it is difficult for me to revive in op/void. The "x" revive is very touchy but yeah you're safe. It's just annoying and wish they would fix it