Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×

The difficulty of Deep Archimedea is too easy

I easily obtained the rank 37 reward today, and for a player who understands the game's content, this difficulty level is quite easy. However, if we consider this as the 'endgame content' of the game, it falls short. It's disappointing that players can easily complete this task by teaming up with squad members who don't have any modifiers. It's a disgraceful way to obtain rewards, and I believe it should be a challenge for veteran players. I hope they can add global objectives that are restricted to solo play, so we can identify the true elite among the Tenno!

• Like 13

I finally find someone have same opinion with me. as a 7000h steam player, I just find it way too eeeeeeeeez. I think its okay for just banned Archon Shard for all the time because they are so powerful on those new (even most of old) Warframes, for e.g. you can gain 75% strength, and we all know what is this mean to Dante and dagath and kullervo or voruna. Other than that, it's even more ez than daily mission because its still exterminate, disruption those daily mission, even zariman I would say its more harder. Why not make it harder? The final reward is super good arcane and tau, why make it so ez? 

Also, I strongly agree it should be a solo mode, muti players just damage this new mission, new players are not ready for it, but a good player can easily finish it by himself, so it makes those players team up with new players and those news are actually do nothing in the mission.

I think Companions should also been banned because as it gets rework few months ago, it's way too powerful now, just like duviri, why not just banned it?

Edit:卧野伊样,锅忍憋档帧

Edited by YNCShadow
  • Like 3

I agree, I feel like most of the difficulty comes from the potential of getting absolutely shafted with gear and frames that can't handle the modifiers. Like me, I didn't have anything that was both built and good enough for the mode.

• Like 12

There's definitely a huge difference between group and solo play.  I was trying to solo it and I didn't consider it easy.  I also don't consider it "designed for groups" when all that does is give you a failsafe to get revived.  It's not like group play is required or there's some team mechanism involved.  You're just relying on groups to fill the operators role.

It would be harder to carry beginners I guess since you can't use void mode to revive.  Playing in groups should remove most of the challenge.

• Like 10

3 hours ago, Snowbluff said:

I agree, I feel like most of the difficulty comes from the potential of getting absolutely shafted with gear and frames that can't handle the modifiers. Like me, I didn't have anything that was both built and good enough for the mode.

Especially when you’re forced to use those loadouts to unlock it’s higher level mode. Even then, you’re still forced to use it to reach it’s final reward.

Edited by GPrime96
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Lord_Drod said:

It would be harder to carry beginners I guess since you can't use void mode to revive.  Playing in groups should remove most of the challenge.

ndeed, beginners should not attempt to complete this task. If they want rewards, they should play Netracell instead of Deep Archimedea. This is a challenge from DE (Digital Extremes) to players who have mastered all the equipment, and only the elite among the Tenno should be able to pass it. However, due to the squad system, it allows players with insufficient abilities to pass the challenge, which is highly undesirable.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Lord_Drod said:

I also don't consider it "designed for groups" when all that does is give you a failsafe to get revived.  It's not like group play is required or there's some team mechanism involved.  You're just relying on groups to fill the operators role.

I didn't find this to be true. Given the random frames we had to run my group had a much better time running as a group since we were able to pick frames to complement each other. One player in the squad had Citrine, while another had Mirage. Mirage would have a difficult time surviving usually (especially with energy being drained constantly), but citrine made it a lot more comfortable and allowed mirage to do a lot of damage. I wouldn't consider public matchmaking as group play, group play in my opinion means forming a group before you start and making loadout choices to complement each other.

1 hour ago, GrumpyPants said:

I didn't find this to be true. Given the random frames we had to run my group had a much better time running as a group since we were able to pick frames to complement each other. One player in the squad had Citrine, while another had Mirage. Mirage would have a difficult time surviving usually (especially with energy being drained constantly), but citrine made it a lot more comfortable and allowed mirage to do a lot of damage. I wouldn't consider public matchmaking as group play, group play in my opinion means forming a group before you start and making loadout choices to complement each other.

I don't really get what you're saying.  Mirage survivability is boosted playing with Citrine?  That's kinda what I'm saying.  A large part of the challenge is removed in group play since the host takes all the aggro and it is less likely you will go down on top of having 3 teammates to revive you if you do go down.  There's also a greater chance amongst 4 players to have some good combos of things to kill things with, without having to worry about staying up  or taking all the damage.  So it doesn't compare to the challenge of solo play.  There isn't any actual "teamwork" required to complete the mission as far a mechanics go.

• Like 2

52分钟前 , Lord_Drod 说:

I don't really get what you're saying.  Mirage survivability is boosted playing with Citrine?  That's kinda what I'm saying.  A large part of the challenge is removed in group play since the host takes all the aggro and it is less likely you will go down on top of having 3 teammates to revive you if you do go down.  There's also a greater chance amongst 4 players to have some good combos of things to kill things with, without having to worry about staying up  or taking all the damage.  So it doesn't compare to the challenge of solo play.  There isn't any actual "teamwork" required to complete the mission as far a mechanics go.

So true, as this mode is giving u random warframe and weapons, you cant pick "tank" "buff" and just as you said this mission actually don't have any teamwork part. Most of time Its all about how one player are well in the mission(weather he might have random good warframe and weapons/He is good at this game), and other 3 team members are just doing nothing for many reasons(maybe they dont have good warframe, or they just not good at it or they are new players).

Edited by YNCShadow
  • Like 3

15 hours ago, KiteForest_2035 said:

this difficulty level is quite easy.

14 hours ago, YNCShadow said:

I just find it way too eeeeeeeeez

I agree, but only as long a you have at least *something* in the combination of equipment that successfully works around at least a few modifiers.

13 hours ago, Snowbluff said:

the difficulty comes from the potential of getting absolutely shafted with gear and frames that can't handle the modifiers.

This.

You can try to make it work, and with luck you can still do it, but when you have no shield regeneration, no operator, lose energy on enemies nearby, bad weapons, double demolishers and enemy defense strengtened it ceases being challenging and just down to luck.

• Like 12

It seems like the difficulty is going to vary by quite a bit depending on what personal modifiers are on you and mission deviations and variables.  Some combinations of things listed in the patch notes look like they could be pretty challenging at least to me.  I was able to get through it solo once for my ugly sumdali, but I'll probably group up in the future.  I'm still not really a fan of the mode, but it's something to keep you occupied, modding and adjusting for the new parameters and content.  Now we're lucky this is also vs the murmur, which don't really pepper you with bullets the way corpus or the void can.

This is a joke post right? You are free to play endurance up to lvl 9999 enemies if you want, or go play dark souls with dance pad for all i care

Rest of us just want our archon shards, no need to gate keep you mfing elitist

Edited by LemuriaLight
  • Like 21

whole post kind of reeks of a flex based on one week's RNG.

Sure there may well be some minute player base that has "optimized" all possible gear (I doubt it).  "Mastered" certainly is not the right term - even if you have a forma or two on every single piece of kit, that doesn't make it close to optimal.  So while it's POSSIBLE the op has "optimized" every item in WF, it's is far more likely they were RNG blessed with a combination of at least one usable frame/weapon combo that wasn't overly crippled by some other RNG based modifier.

And taking issue with the fact "that players can easily complete this task by teaming up with squad members who don't have any modifiers."  - Which is just double speak for carry your ass and/or leech.   - That is not far removed from having a big clan/alliance/friend list you can spend time optimizing a GROUP but that is just more tedium stacked on an already tedious mission set.  

The fact is, there is no "flex" to be had "so we can identify the true elite among the Tenno!" - wtf does that even mean? The best at copy/pasting other people's builds?  the most time wasted farming every mod/arcane/ or putting sharts on every slot on every frame?  
the only way to measure anything would be to have the modifiers be no mods, no gear, no operator, no sharts, no team, and everyone has the same frame, same base unmodded weapons each week.  
and even then - what are you ranking it on? Fastest time to complete each mission? most head shots? most kills?  Or most time spent in front of a mirror e-peening?

As for the mission and the "rewards"... not worth the effort to even bother imo.  Still getting rng based loot, still not "farmable" just means don't bother.  If it rewarded currency and rather than a chance at a tau forged vs a chance at an arcane, elite weekly meant you got 2 currency you could use to buy either 2 tau shards OR 2 arcanes of your choice would at least mean that unlike netracell I could target what I want then maybe (and only maybe) it'd be worth it. I'm probably in the minority in that i don't care about shards - I have 20 unused shards, don't bother mixing them, upgrading them etc since they appear to just be a buff flavor-of-the-week that gets changed a week later anyway throwing out any investment in the process and the content in WF doesn't need the shard buffs anyway to trivialize - so I'd rather just get the arcanes, and if not guaranteed, its not worth the headache.

Edited by tucker_d_dawg
  • Like 19

I agree you shouldn't be allowed access if you don't take the limitations. Also it should be harder.

57 minutes ago, LemuriaLight said:

This is a joke post right? You are free to play endurance up to lvl 9999 enemies if you want, or go play dark souls with dance pad for all i care

Rest of us just want our archon shards, no need to gate keep you mfing elitist

You have plenty of options for archon shards, at least it isn't the circuit grind where we all were forced to play it if we wanted incarnons

34 минуты назад, --PV--TrashySmashy сказал:

You have plenty of options for archon shards, at least it isn't the circuit grind where we all were forced to play it if we wanted incarnons

Absolutely the opposite- i played 2.5 circuit cycles to be done with the system.

And i'm playing everything with shards since their release - 3 months of kahl , because i couldn't stand it anymore.
Nowhere near done, esp not after the mixed shards and tau change.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, KiteForest_2035 said:

I easily obtained the rank 37 reward today, and for a player who understands the game's content, this difficulty level is quite easy. However, if we consider this as the 'endgame content' of the game, it falls short. It's disappointing that players can easily complete this task by teaming up with squad members who don't have any modifiers. It's a disgraceful way to obtain rewards, and I believe it should be a challenge for veteran players. I hope they can add global objectives that are restricted to solo play, so we can identify the true elite among the Tenno!

try solo...diferent story bro.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Alpha_Tango said:

I'm not sure about it being too easy but I did enjoy it. I have not tried it solo though. 😁

Hide contents

Warframe-Screenshot-2024-04-06-12-21-14-

Pretty decent loadout you had there.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, tucker_d_dawg said:

whole post kind of reeks of a flex based on one week's RNG.

That is literally all this is.

• With the right gear and modifiers, it's mostly a normal mission/sortie/archon hunt.
  • If you have someone who can carry you because they've already done it for the week and can just run a meta loadout, it's extra easy.
  • If you have a couple good but off meta for the activity options, it's a fun challenge. 
  • If you get nothing but MR fodder and especially if you haven't unlocked Elite yet, but don't want to be a hard carry, you're SoL. 

That is the problem, the difficulty itself is mostly RNG. There's also a weird disconnect where people think just because something is easy for them, it's easy for everyone and therefor bad content. I was hoping for something more like GMs in Destiny - yes they can be "easy" for a good team, but that team still has to build out properly, coordinate, play smart, and not just try to leeroy jenkins every room. That would be a nice change of pace to have to do once a week in Warframe. 

• Like 12

It has been one week. Just wait until your loadout options are terrible and the modifiers make it unfun. RNG and owning everything in the game is NOT difficulty if DE wanted real difficulty they would make this mode more mechanic-heavy like raids in other MMO's that require constant attention. At this point, I require photo evidence of people saying its easy with their team and loadout because words only has lost their meaning.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Vaml77 said:

try solo...diferent story bro.

I'm simply taking on challenging missions solo, nothing too difficult, bro

15 minutes ago, ChaoticOrderly said:

Just wait until your loadout options are terrible and the modifiers make it unfun.

In fact, I have build all Warframes and weapons to a level that can challenge the SP. Even if they fall short, I'm willing to spend a little extra time to nurture them to their optimal state.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, KiteForest_2035 said:

I'm simply taking on challenging missions solo, nothing too difficult, bro

In fact, I have build all Warframes and weapons to a level that can challenge the SP. Even if they fall short, I'm willing to spend a little extra time to nurture them to their optimal state.

tell another joke.

I trust in you...lol

1 hour ago, Vaml77 said:

tell another joke.

I trust in you...lol

Ha ha, I think so too. After all, even if you ask me to prove it, it would require capturing a large number of screenshots. Instead, why don't you randomly select a set of equipment, and I will include them in the post once I see your response?