Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Dante Unbound] Our plans for next week (35.5.6)

[DE]Momaw

Message added by [DE]Momaw,

These changes were implemented to the game with Hotfix 35.5.6:

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1393246-pc-dante-unbound-hotfix-3556/

More than 1000 comments talking to remove Los from Dante and will continue to say that you look at player feedback but don't say anything about it?

• Like 16

With the changes coming to Chroma's Vex Armor,
could you take a look at Dagath's Grave Spirit aswell?
Utilizing the death mode with Equilibrium is so fun and almost unusable with constant Overguard Regeneration,

• Like 1

With adding the ability to proc rage/hunter adrenaline on health frames with active overguard the ability nourish is also affected by overguard not allowing it's viral aoe to proc when damaged could this be looked into as well

• Like 1

Uh can we get a rewording on the Adrenaline and Rage bit.

It  like they’re being changed (no “in addition”) note, to energy regen when shields equal zero.

That is a significant and major shift for the use for any frame with a Channel ability, which can not receive Energy Regen benefits, if so.

Also the “temporary loss of shield” is its own oddity. If you have Overguard you would only in extremely rare situations also be missing your shield which sits underneath it.

Getting Dante was quick and fun for once. The Disruption changes where good i always had trouble finding the detonator now its straight forward and fun. Exchanged my Steel-Essence to get an Umbra Forma, tossed in the few Archon Shards i have and i had fun playing a Warframe that was not just a stick figure for holding my guns to buff them. Many frames can nuke normal star chart map rooms by just pressing one button no effort AND no LoS needed. Just leave the 3 as is and make it mark enemies with a tome or page above their heads, you already have to "look" into the derection you wanna cast it, Give it a timer but not to short and every enemy that has the page gets hit by the 4. No strange LoS Checks needed. The overguard changes i think where not to strong now i just need more casts to reach maximum so more energy needed. But for other frames that needed Health damage i get it, that was an issue i encounterd myself when i dusted of Inaros.
Please find another way if you think you have to limit it somehow but be consistent with what is already in the game. 

@[DE]Pablo @[DE]Rebecca @[DE]Megan  For the love of God, could someone please explain your philosophy and vision to justify the need for LOS mechanics? Other Tenno here have provided plenty of reasons why it is detrimental in terms of enjoyability, game mechanics (it doesn't work as intended), and Dante's theme.

Maybe if you actually speak to players and describe your point of view, you could lower the tension, and perhaps most people would agree with your constructive argumentation?!

Why not make it so enemies marked with Dark Verse will be affected by Tragedy regardless of LOS? Speak to us!

With all due respect to you, things will only get worse if players don't hear your opinion on this. The only way we can understand this is that you are not listening to us, and our feedback doesn't matter to you.

Honestly speaking, I was so glad and happy when I saw Dante because I've waited for a frame like this (a male caster wizard) for 10-11 years. A frame that is not only fun to play but also a good choice for steel path solo content and has a caster gameplay (he has a caster book weapon, combining spells mechanic, buffs, summons, damage, dots). I was one step away from buying the 4k plat bundle and getting Dante on Steam. Now I'm hesitant, not only because of the changes you've implemented but mostly due to the lack of your response. I'm still very eager to play Dante, but I'm afraid. If you don't speak to us, we don't know what to expect. How can we know that after you "supposedly" fix LOS issues (which no one asked for and everyone said how detrimental and broken it is), you won't start to nerf his damage and other capabilities? Of course, someone like Saryn/Octavia (and others) can rest easy because they dominate the game without any consequences from you. But again, the only way to put us at ease is to speak to us!

• Like 15

18 hours ago, [DE]Momaw said:

Vex Armor can charge its damage buff by getting ranged kills and its armor buff by getting melee or ability kills. This is in addition to the existing functionality. This allows Vex Armor to work while having Overguard and also in general provides a nice interaction where you can get the buff faster from playing well and not just from tanking hits.

WOOHOO 🎉 🙌🏻 HUGE CHROMA FUNCTIONALITY BUFF! LET'S GOOOOOO!!!!

I know I'm overreacting a little bit, but this will be huge for Chroma and a really nice QOL change for him. On-kill Vex Armor will be nice to have in addition to the normal on-damaged Vex Armor. Now we don't necessarily have to run something like Combat Discipline to get that part of his kit to work well for us. Thank you for this! 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

18 hours ago, Voltage said:

Why not just remove Line of Sight from Tragedy?

18 hours ago, Halo said:

REVERT THE LINE OF SIGHT CHECKING, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD...

18 hours ago, FierceDeityLinkMask said:

Remove LOS DE. Stop BS'ing. 

18 hours ago, KhayziGG said:

Please just remove the LOS and nerf the range itself

And now for the main negative, the LOS checks on Dante and a good chunk of Warframes are hot gar-bajé 🗑️🔥 and you even have people who purchased him coming back and opening tickets for refunds. The smart thing to do would be to drop the LOS check and just nerf the range a bit, and I think Dante will be fine based on feedback I have already seen here and in streams/videos.👍🏻 Fixing LOS checks on other Warframes is the long term solution, but I foresee that taking more than just a hotfix maybe. Just keep in mind that it could take time away from other current projects for both Warframe and Soulframe.

Edited by UlyssesTheDM
  • Like 4

Just get rid of LOS bro. Literally such a garbage mechanic, to the point where it actually ruins and cripples the game. Warframe is one of the only games that has a good live service and has been amazing for years. This aspect just completely botches it altogether. There ain't no point in LOS at all. 

• Like 3

hace 3 minutos, Zomiku dijo:

For the love of God, could someone please explain your philosophy and vision to justify the need for LOS mechanics? Other Tenno here have provided plenty of reasons why it is detrimental in terms of enjoyability, game mechanics (it doesn't work as intended), and Dante's theme.

They could, but they are resorting to their mechanic to let the a full weekend of silence make the players bored and go to another topic.

People will praise them at the next hotfix as they already did yesterday

• Like 7

Remove LoS from Tragedy, It feels weird to use now

Edit: Also increase the amount of overguard Dante gains from his abilities, the amount you give to your squad is pretty balanced I feel, but Dante himself has Overguard as his only defensive. Change any mod or ability that requires health or shield damage to work with overguard too at 50% effectiveness

Edited by Kasai511
  • Like 2

Can we also revert Arca Titron? Its main draw was the funny numbers it could put out.
While yes, it was ludicrous damage. It didn't make it even near a meta weapon because of it being the lowest attack speed weapon in the game, it just did funny numbers and that was its draw.

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, sXeth said:

Uh can we get a rewording on the Adrenaline and Rage bit.

It  like they’re being changed (no “in addition”) note, to energy regen when shields equal zero.

That is a significant and major shift for the use for any frame with a Channel ability, which can not receive Energy Regen benefits, if so.

Also the “temporary loss of shield” is its own oddity. If you have Overguard you would only in extremely rare situations also be missing your shield which sits underneath it.

I know you asked DE but I'll try to explain it as best I can

When you have Rage/Adrenaline (or both) it converts a percentage of Health damage received into Energy, so each time your Health takes damage you'll gain energy, For example, you'll have a total of 85% damage conversion if you use both mods. However, keep note of the fact it says Health

If you have -Zero- Shields (Like Inaros) you will always be gaining Energy since you have no shields, the shield protects your health bar from damage (with some minor exceptions), so you will not take any damage on your health, you will not gain any Energy.

Now the change allows you to gain Energy if you have Overgaurd, whereas before it didn't since Overgaurd acts like a 2nd layer of "shields" (in reality it's just a big layer of very strong health) and prevented players like Inaros/Nidus or Chroma from getting Energy. (So frames like Frost/Dante/Synax) where preventing players from getting Energy unintentionally.

However keep in mind that, even if you have Overgaurd over your Health and Shields, you'll still not get any engrey because you still have Shields (This makes zero sense and I think DE Mow might of missed something) but that's how it works.

No Shields = Energy

Health & Overgaurd = Energy

Shields & Health = No Energy

Shields/Health & Overgaurd = No Energy

I hope that explains it well, if you need any more questions, feel free to ask me

Edit: Also, if your shields break and you take damage to your Health you will gain Energy since there are no shields in the way but if your shields regen and go back up, you'll not gain Energy

And now I think about it, this is only creating a new problem, any frame that can restore your shields is now a problem since you'll not be able to gain Energy but luckily frames like Nidus or Inaros can't get shields regardless. 

We need a mod or Arcane (or something) that disables shields altogether, hell I even suggest it could be a Helminth injection of some kind "remove shields" and you can toggle it off and on by sitting in the chair

hace 5 minutos, Tecstasy dijo:

Thinking taking the weekend off and letting our rage  quell was not the play DE This dumpster fire you started will still be here Monday.

We must make sure of it. The mods are also deleting comments and threads too.

No concesions, full revert.

• Like 7

43 минуты назад, Tecstasy сказал:

Thinking taking the weekend off and letting our rage  quell was not the play DE This dumpster fire you started will still be here Monday.

I agree, we just have to keep these threads alive by constantly remindings devs to revert changes or at least give us a reasonable answer why they dont do so. Lets not stop commenting until both sides will be at least somewhat ok with Dante.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Zomiku said:

@[DE]Pablo @[DE]Rebecca @[DE]Megan  For the love of God, could someone please explain your philosophy and vision to justify the need for LOS mechanics? Other Tenno here have provided plenty of reasons why it is detrimental in terms of enjoyability, game mechanics (it doesn't work as intended), and Dante's theme.

Maybe if you actually speak to players and describe your point of view, you could lower the tension, and perhaps most people would agree with your constructive argumentation?!

Why not make it so enemies marked with Dark Verse will be affected by Tragedy regardless of LOS? Speak to us!

With all due respect to you, things will only get worse if players don't hear your opinion on this. The only way we can understand this is that you are not listening to us, and our feedback doesn't matter to you.

Honestly speaking, I was so glad and happy when I saw Dante because I've waited for a frame like this (a male caster wizard) for 10-11 years. A frame that is not only fun to play but also a good choice for steel path solo content and has a caster gameplay (he has a caster book weapon, combining spells mechanic, buffs, summons, damage, dots). I was one step away from buying the 4k plat bundle and getting Dante on Steam. Now I'm hesitant, not only because of the changes you've implemented but mostly due to the lack of your response. I'm still very eager to play Dante, but I'm afraid. If you don't speak to us, we don't know what to expect. How can we know that after you "supposedly" fix LOS issues (which no one asked for and everyone said how detrimental and broken it is), you won't start to nerf his damage and other capabilities? Of course, someone like Saryn/Octavia (and others) can rest easy because they dominate the game without any consequences from you. But again, the only way to put us at ease is to speak to us!

Id more want to know why @[DE]Rebeccalied to us about this just being a small small slight tweak and then nerfed Dante into the ground 

There are so many pages of people wanting this garbage reversed on Dante to make him how he was before all of this crap happen yet you dont listen to us it shows how little you care about your comunity

he was purfect and you ruined him 

• Like 12

Seem they also broke melee combo stack decay,  if switching to secondary with narmon powerstrike 12x stack is instantly gone. maybe a side effect of the glaive "fix". Possibly a stealth stat stik nerf as well more testing on that...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Siic07 said:

More than 1000 comments talking to remove Los from Dante and will continue to say that you look at player feedback but don't say anything about it?

Just because they look at player feedback doesn't mean they have to obey it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gaxxian said:

They could, but they are resorting to their mechanic to let the a full weekend of silence make the players bored and go to another topic.

People will praise them at the next hotfix as they already did yesterday

This is my biggest fear.  It's an age old tactic but it works REALLY well now a days.  I would love if they just go, "hey, we screwed up the LoS check.  Gonna revert it until we fix it." but i know we live in this reality so the realistic yet cynical side of me knows this is just a gambit to see if the discussions die down before monday.  That's why they preemptively talked about fixing some aspects yet quiet about the LoS issue outside of them confirming its not going away.  Prove my cynical side wrong DE!  SquareEnix never did....

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, ShogunGunshow said:

Just because they look at player feedback doesn't mean they have to obey it. 

If they start losing money and players they will 

7 minutes ago, MetalMechabolic said:

This is my biggest fear.  It's an age old tactic but it works REALLY well now a days.  I would love if they just go, "hey, we screwed up the LoS check.  Gonna revert it until we fix it." but i know we live in this reality so the realistic yet cynical side of me knows this is just a gambit to see if the discussions die down before monday.  That's why they preemptively talked about fixing some aspects yet quiet about the LoS issue outside of them confirming its not going away.  Prove my cynical side wrong DE!  SquareEnix never did....

Then we don't let it die down we continue to post untill they finally listen to there comunity and revert the nerfs on Dante so he is back to his purfect form before any of these crap nerfs were implemented for no reason 

• Like 6