Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

After around 2 years of using Void Sling, I can safely say that I still want Void Dash back.

Many of us miss Void Dash. It was so much more responsive and accurate.

I'm not sure why they removed the other skills like void blast either when there's clearly ability slots free.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Traumtulpe said:

I used Void Dash because it was fast. I don't use Void Sling because there's no point. I'm literally faster with bullet jumping, without the hassle of transference.

Came here to find this comment. Void Sling isn't bad, but if you have high mobility and parkour skills, it feels sluggish just using transference, not even mentioning slinging. I find myself ignoring Void Sling most of the time now.

Void Dash felt like it complimented the pace of Warframe. Void Sling just feels like an "update" to appease the iPhone/Android version of Warframe.

I just find it crazy that DE had to neuter one of the aspects this game has as a key selling point: movement. Void Dash was not Itzal's Blink or Razorwing Blitz. It was a responsive move set that complimented many Warframes and allowed slower Warframes to make up ground.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Lord_Drod said:

You can only use void strike once though, so it's not really any faster solo.

Void Strike only has a 40 second cooldown, which starts the moment you hit the button. The two load screens (exiting after the first takedown, then re-entering for the second takedown) alone will eat up the majority of that cooldown.

39 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

Void Strike only has a 40 second cooldown, which starts the moment you hit the button. The two load screens (exiting after the first takedown, then re-entering for the second takedown) alone will eat up the majority of that cooldown.

The two load screens take 40 seconds after a oneshot.  You can't be serious.  Maybe if you fell through to the outer basement of the tile. 

Loading out and downing the angel and back into the void does not take more then 15 seconds.

Edit: That's not exactly what you said, but the point is you might beat me by 10-20 seconds on first phase and you'll lose it on 2nd phase which makes it not worth switching to madurai from my point of view.

Edited by Lord_Drod

1 hour ago, Voltage said:

Came here to find this comment. Void Sling isn't bad, but if you have high mobility and parkour skills, it feels sluggish just using transference, not even mentioning slinging. I find myself ignoring Void Sling most of the time now.

Void Dash felt like it complimented the pace of Warframe. Void Sling just feels like an "update" to appease the iPhone/Android version of Warframe.

I just find it crazy that DE had to neuter one of the aspects this game has as a key selling point: movement. Void Dash was not Itzal's Blink or Razorwing Blitz. It was a responsive move set that complimented many Warframes and allowed slower Warframes to make up ground.

I remember using Void Dash for super quick known down CC. Due to it being fast, cheap, and (almost) universal to give me breathing room. 

Even though Void Sling is the 'same' it feels so sluggish that I'd rather not bother. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Lord_Drod said:

the point is you might beat me by 10-20 seconds on first phase and you'll lose it on 2nd phase

Except I won't. You have to do orb phase on both takedowns, whereas I only have to do orbs on one takedown (if at all). There's a reason any halfway serious Angel farmer uses Madurai, no other school comes anywhere remotely close to it in performance for Angel hunting.

I was against this argument at first, but after 2 years of void sling, yeah i've changed my mind, gimme my void dash back, and void blast to boot.

Void sling constantly stops short, drains a lot of energy, and leaves me very vulnerable. Void dash was instantaneous, it didn't care about your hitbox, if there was something or someone in the way, you went through it.

As for void blast, it was a very good defensive utility. out of amp energy? Quick void blast and stun them. With the old unairu magnetic ability, it made this even better, as now their own bullets start hurting them.

Edited by Joezone619
  • Like 2

After using void sling for the first time I hated it, certainly didn't take two years. Two years later I still hate it plus there is that annoying thing where it'll drop your frame back a few metres once you transfer back in so if your operator made a ledge, your frame will fall into the void.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

Except I won't. You have to do orb phase on both takedowns, whereas I only have to do orbs on one takedown (if at all). There's a reason any halfway serious Angel farmer uses Madurai, no other school comes anywhere remotely close to it in performance for Angel hunting.

If you're able to use void strike on both phases, you aren't going very fast, but you can still phase it with just contamination wave.  Unairu should be a little quicker on the outside phases too due to stripping, unless you're oneshotting there as well.  Then it's still how fast you can clear exterms, so I'm not really worried about 20 seconds or something lost on angels across a 3-5 min mission, where I'm going to swap.  Madurai is very overrated, only having niche uses, and is barely ahead in those niche uses.  It's gonna take more than 20-30 seconds saved on mini boss within an exterm mission to get me to swap and that's being generous.

And if you're not on SP, unairu is just as fast or faster for pure pinions because it phases every time and madurai is overkill.

14小时前 , .BralessToaster 说:
  • It was undoubtedly faster, since instead of needing to aim and confirm every time you dash, you can just think 3 steps ahead and dash forward to somewhere around your crosshair is aiming.

Overrated.

Let's face it. No one used void dash for movement per se. People mainly used it for ability only, and the current operator ability system is far more logical and robust than that. In normal tileset missions, people only used void dash when they have a very clear line of sight between them and their destination i.e. only before extraction.

"NO!!! Let me show you the video on the plain of eidolon and compare the speed between void dash and sling!! See how slow it is!?"

If you want to do that, it only proves my point of view that no one used void dash for movement in normal tileset missions. Void dash movement was only superior in large open area like open world, and we already had archwing for that. I have seen that video. Do you know why there is no video comparing the same thing in normal tileset mission? Because no one was using void dash to go through a mission. Then what is the importance of void dash being faster than void sling? Warframe parkour was far superior than both in missions. No one used void dash as the main mode of movement to navigate any grineer or corpus or infested tileset. A short distance like corridor? Maybe. In that case void dash and sling and parkour are no different.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, RichardKam said:

Because no one was using void dash to go through a mission.

I'm not sure about this.  I know I used it and it was faster if I was trying to speedrun.  It was perfectly fine in normal tiles, but it did take some getting used to.  Although, a lot of times I just kept it as a backup plan, like many people do now, sleeping on operator.  What is the reason?  For me I guess I was always leveling something, so I liked to get infinity, even in a squad, I would get infinity, but would get nothing in operator mode.

Void sling is still usable now, its just pointless with parkour stacking, helminth speedrun options, and not having to use transference for when you run out of energy because no enemies are around.  I also feel both are a lot more boring than the parkour system, and there's no way to buff operator dashes or slings, where any outside buffing can really put your frame over the top.

Maybe you were just way ahead of the gang in terms of parkour stacking back in the day, although it does seem harder to do when void dash was around with limited sources and even many of the movement mods have improved as well.

• Like 2

I literally couldn't use Void Dash because between the speed of it and the screen flashing on use for it, it kept making me motion sick.

Even before DE buffed Void Sling, I was a fan.  No quick screen shifts, I could actually see where I was going and I could use it without getting disorient.  Apologies to the old farts whining about their precious Void Dash from the good ol' days, but in this case, given how so many of them were the same people telling me to "git gud" after struggling so hard through TNW, I have no remorse in calling them boomers and telling them to "git gud".

Dislike sling as well. 

Gimme back dash as an operator arcane or focus thing.

I really avoid using operator/drifter cause of how clunky it feels compared to dash.

Whats next. Do i have to take my guns safety off for each individual bullet??? To confirm i want to shoot my guns? Id die on sp before i got 2 bullets out.

Void sling as a mistake.

• Like 5

21 hours ago, Lord_Drod said:

If you're able to use void strike on both phases, you aren't going very fast, but you can still phase it with just contamination wave.  Unairu should be a little quicker on the outside phases too due to stripping, unless you're oneshotting there as well.  Then it's still how fast you can clear exterms, so I'm not really worried about 20 seconds or something lost on angels across a 3-5 min mission, where I'm going to swap.  Madurai is very overrated, only having niche uses, and is barely ahead in those niche uses.  It's gonna take more than 20-30 seconds saved on mini boss within an exterm mission to get me to swap and that's being generous.

And if you're not on SP, unairu is just as fast or faster for pure pinions because it phases every time and madurai is overkill.

You very clearly don't play at a high level, if you even play Steel Path at all.

I dont like the charge mechanic, it makes sling spam felt clunky.

If it was tap for short sling vs hold for max range sling i wouldnt mind as much.
Heck, maybe add tap/hold invert to it so we can somewhat bring back spam tap for max range sling akin to old void dash.

18 hours ago, Raarsi said:

I literally couldn't use Void Dash because between the speed of it and the screen flashing on use for it, it kept making me motion sick.

Even before DE buffed Void Sling, I was a fan.  No quick screen shifts, I could actually see where I was going and I could use it without getting disorient.  Apologies to the old farts whining about their precious Void Dash from the good ol' days, but in this case, given how so many of them were the same people telling me to "git gud" after struggling so hard through TNW, I have no remorse in calling them boomers and telling them to "git gud".

pretty sure far before void sling added u can already do toggle/hold crouch so u dont get that screen seizures from going in and out void mode while spamming jumps

• Like 1

I think the greater issue is that DE is insistent on babyfying stuffs in the game without putting much regard to the player who already got accustomed and forces everyone to embrace the new change and no way to opt out of the babyfied things. So much for accessibility option that sometimes end up worse.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Xsoskeleton said:

I think the greater issue is that DE is insistent on babyfying stuffs in the game without putting much regard to the player who already got accustomed and forces everyone to embrace the new change and no way to opt out of the babyfied things. So much for accessibility option that sometimes end up worse.

I couldn't agree more with this.  Some things they should leave for the player to figure out or master over time. 

Railjack is a big example of that off the top of my head.

Void Dash:

• Was a spammy mess that was totally incompatible with the addition of Warframe to mobile devices. That was obviously the main reason of this change, even if DE tried to sugarcoated it with many other arguments (like saying it was too fast for a "very fast paced parkour system", yeah sure).
  • Completely trivialized traversing. We have to admit that, be it in regular tileset or open worlds, players were able to completely ignore parkour or vehicles and simply dash to the other side of the map (while spamming energy pizzas). Same reasoning as Itzal's Blink back in the day: it was too effective.
  • Could be very frustrating when it came to precise aiming, as first seen against Kuva Guardians where if you missed the target and tried again in the same swoop, you could end up blinking around the target without ever hitting it.

Void Sling:

• Doesn't feel good to perform AT ALL. The main appeal of Void Dash was precisely to be able to zap around very fast in a pure power fantasy way like Tracer, The Flash, Quicksilver, or like this scene from LoL's Warriors MV:

League_of_Legends_1.gif

•  Is a slogfest at the total opposite of Void Dash. It's so slow that anything is better than that. And the irony and peak 🤡 moment is that DE ended up adding teleportation in the open worlds because people kept complaining about how slow it was to move across the map.

• Is still highly inaccurate because you can't judge distances with this flimsy line that appear when charging the sling, resulting in the usual mess during every Void Angel fight: trying to hit the rotating balls, overshooting the target, trying to go backwards, missing again, having to reposition, pursuing the balls now on the other side of the Angel, missing once again, realizing you are out of energy, falling in the pit and getting ousted of the arena while raging. This phase of the Void Angel fight single handedly alienated the whole playerbase with Void Sling and is the main reason players went out of their way to optimize the dps phase before it: to not engage with the balls phase at all cost.

I can understand that DE wanted to make it more mobile friendly, nerf the speed and make it more accurate, but they failed at each of these goals, on top of making it feel way worse (funny trivial: the shaky camera in the first iteration of Void Sling was so intense that it gave people motion sickness). Of everything they could have done to rework Void Dash, they chose the worst option.

Especially since, in my opinion, the ideal solution has already been in the game for a long time: Cloud Walker. Make it shorter but faster and you have to ideal moving tool: not "too fast", feel good to use, don't ask too many input (just hold the button until it run out), and you can still steer your character during the movement when you need to hit a moving target. DE just had to copy/paste the ability, tweak the values, named it "Void Walk" and call it a day…

Edited by Yulfan

Le 25/04/2024 à 19:22, Hexerin a dit :

Wombo combo of "skill issue" and "doesn't understand how it works". The orbs are incredibly easy to grab due to how slowly and predictably they move, and gravity doesn't affect Void Sling in any way.

I won't disagree that being skilled and finding the sweet spot would make it better. But the other comments and yours proved my point to be true anyway.

And yes, Gravity. Your operator slowly floating downward as you're clunkily trying to correct aiming on a controller is a pretty nasty flaw for an ability with a delay-on-cast to it. Which, I imagine you personally counter-act by forcefully hitting the orbs from an angle below to mitigate this issue of distance and latency because you might have experienced it yourself ; you can phase through those orbs and miss them even if you're actively two hands deeps into it.

I can praise you for being smart and good, but that doesn't excuse bad game features.

Edited by (PSN)XxDarkyanxX
Typo
  • Like 1