Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

unpopular opinion? I like current way armor stripping works?

_Anise_

I like that I currently have to choose an armor strip, I like having the choice to build either my pet for armor stripping, I like that that other pets than Kavat can do it now too!

when I am not using a companion I also enjoy finding an armor stip that synergizes with my warframe, be it having to choose a helminth that works with my build or adding green shards to extend my frames base skill into being able to full armor strip!

what are peoples thoughts about the armor stripping changes?

(enemies will have capped armor and more health to lessen the hard requirement of bringing an armorstrip to difficult content)

Edited by _Anise_
  • Like 2

I am actually very happy with the proposed changes ,

Yes it will make many of the previous focused loadouts for Armor strip less effective ? Maybe less necessary would be the better term , but less necessary only because other options will be more effective than before.

It's more about levelling the playing field where previously you had a very narrow setup , now there is scope for variety without feeling like you are playing wrong.

• Like 10

Honestly it sounds like builds are just going to suddenly matter a whole lot less. As any nerfs to enemy armor just makes building against it less meaningful and makes it easier to just brute force everything. There's a fine line DE seems to be aiming for but it just sounds like the side we're on already is far better than what'll happen if (when) we just fall off into the other side.

I'd much rather make the decision of which armor stripping method I'll use for a build than just slap the same build on everything and call it a day.

• Like 3

I mean I think armor striping builds will still work exactly like it currently does. All it does is you get 100% armor stripped off a enemy faster.

Currently imo the armor situation in the game is annoying. either full armor strip or don't and if you don't you will have to take longer to kill things unless you go crazy on weapon platform set up to ignore armor but even then when enemies get enough EHP level scaling you still have to armor strip.

So with the current today dev stream proposed changes it will just make getting to 0% armor enemies much easier so you don't have to 328% or 400% pillage builds anymore (or other skills). You can actually have a bit more variety since you don't be only focusing armor strip so heavily since its so much easier.

Edit: Also with how it sounds on armor value changes you might not even have to fully remove armor to lower the DR enemies have. So builds without full armor strip might become a thing.

I'm more curious on how the EHP will change with more HP if Pablo chooses that route. Also hope he figures out a way to easily swap weapon configs for different enemy factions per mission so I don't have run over to the arsenal every time I switch enemies.

Edited by DexXean
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, 0_The_F00l said:

I am actually very happy with the proposed changes ,

Yes it will make many of the previous focused loadouts for Armor strip less effective ? Maybe less necessary would be the better term , but less necessary only because other options will be more effective than before.

It's more about levelling the playing field where previously you had a very narrow setup , now there is scope for variety without feeling like you are playing wrong.

If TTK is remaining the same, this means enemies will get a huge buff to HP. Essentially, this means that EHP won't be changed but we will have fewer tools to deal with it. It's not less necessary, just less effective.

This means that the viral meta is enforced further, since people will be forced to deal with more HP after a strip.

And yes, your Gyre will still run a full strip because a full strip gets you around an enemies 90% DR, increasing your damage by 10x. Your Gyre will feel weaker because there is more HP on the field that will take more time to kill.

Edited by Snowbluff
  • Like 3

I both like and dislike the current armour system.

I'd honestly rather keep it how it is though. Having to look at building with an armour/defense strip in mind is actually a pretty good thing. It forces the player to engage with multiple systems to resolve a problem they are facing, and potentially mix up their play style to better suit the problem.

I saw someone say earlier, it seems like builds will matter a whole lot less. I can kinda agree with this. It'll just drum down to "Get whatever armour off you can, proc viral, proc heat. Done", which is kinda like we have now except it'll be FAR more lenient due to the reduced armour and DR enemies have.

The changes will just make Viral+Heat builds even more prevalent, which is the opposite of what I think DE thinks will happen.

• Like 3

super unpopular opinion: put an absolute attenuation on damage/ armour stripping/ damage buffing/ survivability buffing, don't make it TOOooo hard to reach the cap (let's say, equivalent to having rank 5 legendary arcanes in all equipment slots), so the playing field is leveled. 
This way, creativity and build diversity can still exist, but, almost exploit level, game-breaking meta,

(e.g saryn, which actually makes the game change its name to Snoreframe, whenever she joins the squad, in anything but level cap SP runs... )

Then balance endgame content around that.
Let
 us tenno actually have something "real" to progress within.

Don't necessarily bring back "raids" (they were boring), but... WE LIVE FOR THE CHALLENGE ! 
(or at least, i will keep telling myself that... statistically i know endgame players tend to make up something like 5 to 0.5% of the community :< )

Isn't that kind of what a ninja is though ? expanding the limits of imagination regarding what is and is not impossible, being on the fringe of society in a good way, stopping wars from starting before they're even in the minds of the public, cool S#&amp;&#036; like that. 

Also, given our beloved game is M Rated, I really would like to see some more Grit and GRIME, some oppressive, nasty, horrible corpus + grineer, instead of just catching a vague wind of it when you look for it, in the sidelines of quests and hands ins (like ticker dialogues, yareli waverider comic e.t.c) 
Give us a real reason to actually FIGHT rather than just farm. 

Nothing unites people like a good enemy ;) a villain. 
Especially when that villain is not a 2d, cliché villain, but actually has a deep, relatable motivation, yet is still corrupt and needs to be stopped 
(e.g, the lich king arthas in warcraft 3, joker with joacquin phoenix, the big boss from metal gear raiden: revengeance (lol)... i'm sure you can list even better examples... heros fallen from grace turned villains, "the path to hell is paved with good intentions". 
Grineer saught to protect, but they turned into monsters malesting the solar system, corpus saught to understand, but got trapped in their greed)

quite off topic, but thought I would let the ramble go where it wanted lol. 

Edited by helioth137
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, trst said:

sounds like builds are just going to suddenly matter a whole lot less.

but hopefully still be relevant?

3 hours ago, Snowbluff said:

If TTK is remaining the same, this means enemies will get a huge buff to HP

did they say how big a buff?

-----------------------

anyway at level 300 steel path heavy gunner has 55,322.32 cloned flesh (HP) 14,627.56 ferrite armor which gives 97.99% DR and 16,997,275.56 effective-HP

right now I cam press 1 button to wipe out the armor on any of my steelpath loadouts, with the armor my regular weapons are not dealing 17 mil damage, without the armor the 50k comes off like nothing, I probably don't even need a meta weapon at that point! (still not using the stug)

my two concerns being I don't want my armor strip build to not mater! and with HP being buffed enough I don't want my old armor strip builds to feel less effective because I am struggling to one shot armorless enemies with for example quarter or half a million hit points?

• Like 2

While this will enforce viral+heat Vs grineer, the current iteration of dealing almost no damage with armour to one shotting when fully stripped did need to go.

The very binary nature of the system doesn't allow for any creativity.

• Like 2

The goal of the upcoming changes isn't for players to no longer armor strip: rather, it's to make sure that armor stripping isn't the only game in town.

So if you like armor stripping, there's nothing to fear; that's still going to be a worthwhile tactic.  It just won't be the only worthwhile tactic.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Veridian said:

the current iteration of dealing almost no damage with armour to one shotting when fully stripped did need to go.

The very binary nature of the system doesn't allow for any creativity.

14 hours ago, _Anise_ said:

currently have to choose an armor strip, I like having the choice to build either my pet for armor stripping, I like that that other pets than Kavat can do it now too!

when I am not using a companion I also enjoy finding an armor stip that synergizes with my warframe, be it having to choose a helminth that works with my build or adding green shards to extend my frames base skill into being able to full armor strip!

regardless of what DE implement once it is out in the wild players will find work arounds. Personally I would like to see more enemies that need some form of tactical approach. Enemies with weak spots that need to be exploited etc. My early encounter of vay hek many years ago was an hilarious adventure of playing solo and running out of ammo and either dying or giving up as I had not yet worked out the mechanics of when he was vulnerable. 

in some updates we have other enemies added that need to be approached with some form of tactical approach as opposed to brute force but overall the vast majority of enemies tend to be A fodder or B bullet sponges.

• Like 1

Not much is changing for people fully stripping armor. If you like doing that now, you will afterwards. It's mostly a positive change for builds with some armor strip but not 100%, which currently some is essentially zero. I suppose they could have simply made all armor strips easily reach 100% given they're changing elemental weaknesses making it a non-issue.

• Like 2