Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So Jades weapons....

Look awfully familiar , almost as familiar as cernos and mutalist cernos , or Proboscis cernos which require the base cernos as a building component, 

So what if jades weapons needed pre built stalker weapon as components ? 

And it can't be a co incidence that they are reworking his drop chances after so many years.

• Like 3

Honestly there's only so much you can put into a stick with a string that we call a Bow.

The Eversong bow does have a very vauge resemblence to the Cernos Prime with the little rounded parts and maybe the tips of the bow. It's really not much.

The Cantare throwing knives don't really resemble any weapon we have thusfar

The Harmony Scythe is also a bit more unique. I saw someone say it looked like 2 Kestrals jammed onto a stick, which is kinda fitting given the Kestral is meant to look like a wing, and Jades theme is "Angel" (not choir... c'mon, thats and angel theme)

If they require the stalker weapons to build, that'd be both hilarious and tragic.

My bet is that they don't require weapons to build, but DE are going to introduce another new random resource just to make these and Jade, and then have no other use.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Stormandreas said:

My bet is that they don't require weapons to build, but DE are going to introduce another new random resource just to make these and Jade, and then have no other use.

agreed and at best the only other possible use is an option to feed helminth maybe. I have nothing against resource farming but the longer one plays this game the millions of resources we have in our inventories simply become meaningless.

• Like 2

If the Stalker weapons were that hard to get, then people are going to want to catch up and get their set. Now you'd be asking people to farm a second set on top of that just to build the Jade weapons. Seems astronomically unlikely.

6 minutes ago, helioth137 said:

Inhaling my copium: THEY WILL HAVE UNIQUE FEATURES THAT MAKES THEM WORTHY OF THEIR NAME

They went through their unique features in the devstream. Something something if the buff from each of them is active the something something buffs they provide are strengthened. But I wont be impressed unless they go boom like Darth Emo's weapons in incarnon form.

Not a big angel fan, atleast Jade seems to draw inspiration from the more morbid versions and less the snooty, nooty, fancy, pancy, purdy, boyband reject, church S#&$e you see on murals and windows etc. If one of those came after me I'd probably end up laughing myself to death in a JJJ manner.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

They went through their unique features in the devstream. Something something if the buff from each of them is active the something something buffs they provide are strengthened. But I wont be impressed unless they go boom like Darth Emo's weapons in incarnon form.

Not a big angel fan, atleast Jade seems to draw inspiration from the more morbid versions and less the snooty, nooty, fancy, pancy, purdy, boyband reject, church S#&$e you see on murals and windows etc. If one of those came after me I'd probably end up laughing myself to death in a JJJ manner.

"Something something" is exactly what we don't want to hear :< 

let's hope it's like with the stalker incarnon set, where, when you have all 3 you get the evolution bonus choices from them, BUT, 
that's not their unique alt fire/ weapon defining thing. 

Also, cool vid: 

the "Apopcryphal" (...rejected/ banned) Books of Enoch,
Gnostic Gospels, and even the "authorized" Ezekiel's
descriptions of Angels are actually quite f'n weird,
almost nightmare fuel, and bands like Tool, + Artists like Alex Grey offer cool 

Cherubim: ferocious animal-human hybrids for instance, not harmless cute naked human babies with bows. 

Edited by helioth137

20 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

Well they said they had more incaronons planned this year (in a previous devstream), so my suspicion is these could all get incarnon forms as well.

Now my hope for this update is that they also release Stalker as a playable warframe outside Duviri as well. Since Jade is supposed to be his opposite, it would make sense to release both. Bit off topic but the whole Ying/Yang aspect of this frame would make it fit quite well.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, helioth137 said:

"Something something" is exactly what we don't want to hear :< 

let's hope it's like with the stalker incarnon set, where, when you have all 3 you get the evolution bonus choices from them, BUT, 
that's not their unique alt fire/ weapon defining thing. 

Also, cool vid: 

the "Apopcryphal" (...rejected/ banned) Books of Enoch,
Gnostic Gospels, and even the "authorized" Ezekiel's
descriptions of Angels are actually quite f'n weird,
almost nightmare fuel, and bands like Tool, + Artists like Alex Grey offer cool 

Cherubim: ferocious animal-human hybrids for instance, not harmless cute naked human babies with bows. 

That angel to the right is looking hilarious. One could wonder, did God practice his sculpting game on the angels before he made humans? 

"Fuuuuuuck! Oh well into the Angel bin with you!"

"Yes! Finaly two acceptably looking minis, of into the Eden diorama you go"

"Hey where did that apple go? And what is that noise?"

17 minutes ago, Cram_Duahcim said:

Well they said they had more incaronons planned this year (in a previous devstream), so my suspicion is these could all get incarnon forms as well.

Now my hope for this update is that they also release Stalker as a playable warframe outside Duviri as well. Since Jade is supposed to be his opposite, it would make sense to release both. Bit off topic but the whole Ying/Yang aspect of this frame would make it fit quite well.

Would love incarnon versions of those weapons. Could draw inspiration from things like Sancti Magistar at that point and have some with an incarnon form that heals on heavy attacks and so on. Or something similar to Arcane Reaper tied to some ranged attack on the scythe similar to Hate, where if the projectile kills the group is granted armor and slight health reg or something.

39 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

That angel to the right is looking hilarious. One could wonder, did God practice his sculpting game on the angels before he made humans? 

angry will ferrell GIF

This is the first thing that entered my head when they showed Jade's Animations 🤣

39 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

Would love incarnon versions of those weapons. Could draw inspiration from things like Sancti Magistar at that point and have some with an incarnon form that heals on heavy attacks and so on. Or something similar to Arcane Reaper tied to some ranged attack on the scythe similar to Hate, where if the projectile kills the group is granted armor and slight health reg or something.

That would the the direction to go with those incarnons. The weird thing is they said they'll all have passives built in that will work with all 3 equipped so these weapons could get a bit crazy after they get Incarnons. 

But I also feel that War is getting left behind when, it's also a Stalker Weapon. It should get an Incarnon as well. 

The aspect that I didn't like is that this Quest is about the Stalker yet theres alot more emphasis on Jade.

He shouldn't just get a new Liset Skin (which looks awesome) but I feel that if thats the only thing we get that's Stalker related then, that's a bit lackluster and really the update is really more about Jade with a Stalker tie in.

Edited by Cram_Duahcim
  • Like 1

I mean as far as what ifs go, maybe. I am skeptical they will require Stalker parts for them, sometimes a theme is just a theme. Whilst Jade's weapons will unlikely to be considered new player friendly acquirable, assuming you need to complete Jade Shadows to get them, and that seeming like you can only start it after finishing the New War, I do imagine they already realise that it would be a hype killer and create a lot of negative animosity if they made Stalker weapons a requirement, even if they made Stalker weapons start to drop like crazy. Like a lot of people haven't been that lucky to get initial drops let alone to have spares. 

Personally I am excited regardless. Love a good solid bow, throwing weapons can be fun, as are scythes. Am interested in the synergy mechanic they teased, and whether one of them might be an Incarnon and or whether they are going to be decently powerful enough to sort of not be dismissed by a majority of the player base who are at the point of collecting her. I wouldn't mind myself, since I use "off meta" stuff all the time, but will be interesting. 

6 hours ago, Stormandreas said:

Honestly there's only so much you can put into a stick with a string that we call a Bow.

Challenge Accepted.

These are two of my bow models from a mod for Divinity OS2.

Spoiler

edkvs2A.png

yEFWELD.png

The hard part is actually making this interesting in some games.

0mROs9s.gif

2 hours ago, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

I mean as far as what ifs go, maybe. I am skeptical they will require Stalker parts for them, sometimes a theme is just a theme. Whilst Jade's weapons will unlikely to be considered new player friendly acquirable, assuming you need to complete Jade Shadows to get them, and that seeming like you can only start it after finishing the New War, I do imagine they already realise that it would be a hype killer and create a lot of negative animosity if they made Stalker weapons a requirement, even if they made Stalker weapons start to drop like crazy. Like a lot of people haven't been that lucky to get initial drops let alone to have spares. 

I'm also wondering is Jade herself might drop as well. My hope is that they introduce a "Stalker" or "Hunhow" Syndicate since newer warframe releases have drops along with a pity system. 

I'm really hoping that the ship skin isn't the only "Stalker" item were getting. That would really be unfortunate considering it's a Stalker quest.

Edited by Cram_Duahcim
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Cram_Duahcim said:

This is the first thing that entered my head when they showed Jade's Animations 🤣

Actually when I saw it, my mind went to Steve reading one comment from Twitch chat when they showcased Gyre's abilities: "skirt goes up, enemies go down".

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Cram_Duahcim said:

I'm also wondering is Jade herself might drop as well. My hope is that they introduce a "Stalker" or "Hunhow" Syndicate since newer warframe releases have drops along with a pity system. 

I'm really hoping that the ship skin isn't the only "Stalker" item were getting. That would really be unfortunate considering it's a Stalker quest.

That could be really interesting. Nice idea. 

Yeah I am hoping similar as well. I have to assume they will have some fun surprises for us, but I will try keep my expectations in check too. 

12 hours ago, 0_The_F00l said:

So what if jades weapons needed pre built stalker weapon as components ? 

don't give them ideas...

12 hours ago, 0_The_F00l said:

And it can't be a co incidence that they are reworking his drop chances after so many years.

I hope that maybe now, my friend who has played since closed beta will finally get the Hate Scythe (he's never failed to kill stalker in like 9 years, but never had hate drop once).

12 hours ago, Stormandreas said:

"daring today, aren't we?"

seriously, that's like the safest bet you could've made; that's almost guaranteed to happen.

12 hours ago, Stormandreas said:

I disagree; while Bows aren't my favourite weapon (though i do love Warframe's take on them), you only need to look at games like Horizon:Zero Dawn, Genshin Impact, Monster Hunter and many others to see some crazy and unusual Bow designs, there can be a lot more to it than just a "stick and string", though that's functionally all you need for a Bow to function (and Arrows, obviously).

I'm more curious how they'll handle priming these weapons eventually , since Gara was the only other frame to come with 3 weapons (Astilla, Fusilai and Volnus), and one of them didn't get primed, so I wonder if the same will happen again?