Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Show of hands on how many players would want TERROR (Stalker drop ship) to BE a ship?

Yay!!

I have access to my online Forums account again

So I thought about dropping a curious ask of the community 

Should DE make TERROR an actual drop ship or just a skin?

I was excited when they said Stalker had his own ship as I was looking forward to it. Hek, when it comes to flying things Drop ships and Archwings are almost tied up 

Then I saw the art of Stalkers drop ship and thought- those would be cool to get as skins from the Acolytes..

Sad to hear when they then said that Stalkers TERROR was a skin only. What heartache felt like was in that moment. Imagine getting a new ship from Stalker with a new Air Charge to use....marvelous

Anyways, I would kindly set this up to see who else would like a drop ship instead of a skin as well as people chiming in what would be TERROR Air Charge

Take care out there in the real world and keep rocking them missions

• Like 6

I'd rather see Landing Crafts and Air Support formally split for good. Functionally, all Landing Crafts are already skins because the Air Support can be chosen separately. So having both a Landing Craft and a Livery is pointless, because both are skins. You're picking a skin for your skin. All it actually does is act as pretend-configs, so... just give us configs. And instead of tying their own hands by enforcing a rule that all Landing Crafts need to have their own Air Support, DE could then just add Air Supports as separate items whenever they want to. With it formally split off they could make as many new Landing Crafts and Air Supports they want whenever they want without having to tape the two together. With it split they could even move Air Support selection to your Vehicles loadout where it belongs instead of burying it in an appearance menu.

• Like 11

Posted (edited)

The skin looks great but my worry for Jade Shadows is this is the only item we get that is related to Stalker.

For a cinematic quest that's from Stalker's perspective to only get a ship skin, would be really disappointing. 

My hope is that we unlock Stalker as a playable warframe outside Duviri, or at a minimum get his helmet for use on every frame in the game (maybe that's the event reward) so we can make our own Acolyte themed frames.

Also given Jade's weapons they are likely going to recieve Incarnons to match Stalkers, with this in mind I'd also like to submit a War Incarnon for 3 reasons:

1) Its a weapon Stalker weilds, 

2) Its importantance to Second Dream

3) It would be the first Heavy Sword Incarnon.

But if that's the only item we get, then Jade Shadows feels more like a quest about Jade, involving a Stalker tie in. 

Edited by Cram_Duahcim
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, Cram_Duahcim said:

My hope is that we unlock Stalker as a playable warframe outside Duviri, or at a minimum get his helmet for use on every frame in the game (maybe that's the event reward) so we can make our own Acolyte themed frames.

That's exactly what i was thinking, if they go with the same event model as gargoyle's cry then a stalker helmet would be equivalent to the krios signa 

• Like 1

Crack theory here

Jade is a transformer, she turns into Stalker’s ship. 
She supports Allie’s by letting them extract early, instead of going to certain extraction location. 

17 minutes ago, Aruquae said:

Crack theory here

Jade is a transformer, she turns into Stalker’s ship. 
She supports Allie’s by letting them extract early, instead of going to certain extraction location. 

So Stalker is literally deep inside Jade and riding her? 👀

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
55 minutes ago, Waeleto said:

That's exactly what i was thinking, if they go with the same event model as gargoyle's cry then a stalker helmet would be equivalent to the krios signa 

That's my hope. But I'd still like to acquire Stalker as a Warframe. He's quite fun to use in Duviri and what drives me crazy is I can't swap out mods or add Archon Shards to him to really push the build. 

Now I understand he's essentially Ash/Nyx. At the same time, what they can do is a "pre Jade Shadow" Stalker, which is what we have now.

And then when you complete Jade Shadows you get a frame with some more unique abilities. Maybe keep the kit relatively the same but a "Post Jade Shadows" Stalker is what we get access to and it replaces Stalker in Duviri to this warframe.

Then again we haven't gotten an update with two warframes, but given the Ying/Yang of these two, it makes sense to release Stalker along with Jade.

And it's about time they "retire" Stalker as the Assassin. I think now Post-New War we would have a "Narmer Assassin" that chases us and we see a change in the whole "Hunhow/Stalker" relationship that reflects New War.

The Acolytes could still exist, maybe have them align with Narmer, which is an easy lore fix.

Edited by Cram_Duahcim
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

So Stalker is literally deep inside Jade and riding her? 👀

Alright now, calm down

I walked right into that, damn it

Edited by Aruquae
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Cram_Duahcim said:

I'd also like to submit a War Incarnon for 3 reasons:

Counterpoint - Incarnon weapons come from the touch of the Void, and War is Sentients-tech. If Void strongly afflicts War it's probably going to basically wither and die.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, VisionAndVoice said:

Counterpoint - Incarnon weapons come from the touch of the Void, and War is Sentients-tech. If Void strongly afflicts War it's probably going to basically wither and die.

Counterpoint - idc about lore if i can make The War not garbage cause it's so badass looking

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, VisionAndVoice said:

Stalker takes War into the Reservoir, on Lua which was currently in the Void in The Second Dream before being pulled out.

It's inert, not a living Sentient. So it's already confirmed to have entered the void at least once already. With it being a sword, it's not really "tech," unlike say the Shedu or Basmu.

So, War getting an Incarnon is still theoretically possible.

Also with the weapons significance to the game, it deserves an Incarnon. It's arguably the coolest heavy sword in the game, and we don't have a heavy sword incarnon.

Edited by Cram_Duahcim
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Waeleto said:

Counterpoint - idc about lore if i can make The War not garbage cause it's so badass looking

Wow, you're tough. 

5 hours ago, Cram_Duahcim said:

Stalker takes War into the Reservoir, on Lua which was currently in the Void in The Second Dream before being pulled out.

It's inert, not a living Sentient. So it's already confirmed to have entered the void at least once already. With it being a sword, it's not really "tech," unlike say the Shedu or Basmu.

So, War getting an Incarnon is still theoretically possible.

Also with the weapons significance to the game, it deserves an Incarnon. It's arguably the coolest heavy sword in the game, and we don't have a heavy sword incarnon.

Incarnon seems like a more intense level of exposure than dipping into the Void. And we cannot state than that short venture didn't actually harm it, Battalysts and Concylysts start degrading just from being there, so War could've eroded as well.

Posted (edited)
50 minutes ago, VisionAndVoice said:

Incarnon seems like a more intense level of exposure than dipping into the Void. And we cannot state than that short venture didn't actually harm it, Battalysts and Concylysts start degrading just from being there, so War could've eroded as well.

It's bad for living Sentients, but Sentient [bone?material?] seems to be quite good at channeling void energy, it's what amps are made of after all.

Edited by rapt0rman

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, VisionAndVoice said:

And Amps are made from the bones of Sentients/ Sentient material. So they are already in the lore, great conductors for Void Energy. 

If anything, War/Broken War could be the perfect Incarnon. 

Live Sentients degrade, but once they're dead/inert, theyre  fantastic means of Void Energy channeling. 

Edited by Cram_Duahcim

15 hours ago, Waeleto said:

Point - Eternalism BS making everything possible

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Aruquae said:

Point - Eternalism BS making everything possible

It doesn't, but please do continue to telegraph your lack of understanding of the concept.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Corvid said:

It doesn't, but please do continue to telegraph your lack of understanding of the concept.

Eternalism, the theory that everything in time is real, and independent from each other. Killing one person simply splits it into two branches, one where they’re alive, the other where they are not. It is as if last, present, and future are all interrelated. Past Teshin being alive and future Teshin being dead are not mutually exclusive. An example could be the War from the past (or the one we know) having a different better version in the future, which coexists with the one in the past (our timeline) due to void yada yada eternalism yada yada. 
In Warframe, and movies these days… they use it as a cheap excuse. This would be one of those. 
Of course i’m referring to the philosophical side of eternalism, as opposed to the physics part. 

15 minutes ago, Corvid said:

Of course, if I’m confusing it with another concept I’d rather you let me know. Instead of this poor comment on what could’ve been educational for me and whoever else confused it. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Aruquae said:

I walked right into that, damn it

That could not have been fun, kinda like walking in on your parents.

Ok I'll stop now. But honestly innuendo I cant help myself. :clem:

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Aruquae said:

Of course, if I’m confusing it with another concept I’d rather you let me know. Instead of this poor comment on what could’ve been educational for me and whoever else confused it. 

You're misinterpreting what eternalism allows for. It doesn't mean "anything can happen", it means "anything that can happen can happen". There must still be a logical course of events for each possibility, so Eternalism cannot be used as the sole justification for something that has been shown, in-universe, to break the setting's rules (such as Sentients channeling the Void without consequence).

There's also the simple fact that Warframe has only used Eternalism to facilitate the story's progression a grand total of once, that instance being the existence of the Drifter (and even then it's considered a special case in-universe and directly caused by the influence of the Man in the Wall), so saying that the writers are "using it as a cop out" is flat out untrue (especially since the existence of multiple timelines has been foreshadowed since the Plains of Eidolon).

Players post-New War have been quick to write off anything they don't understand as "Eternalism", even in cases where it does not apply.

17 minutes ago, Corvid said:

such as Sentients channeling the Void without consequence).

In which case we would have Lotus being able to channel the void, but you’re right, that was with consequences. 

18 minutes ago, Corvid said:

anything that can happen can happen

This is true, which is up the the developers interpretation. It’s not like we have solid laws on it, the possibilities of it happening is low, but still a chance. The chance is enough for the concept of eternalism. Drifter for one, apparently the possibility of the Tenno and the drifter showing two different realities can happen. So who’s to say there aren’t familiar characters still alive from the drifter’s side? Ngl Orokin Star Chart would be pretty cool… 

21 minutes ago, Corvid said:

There's also the simple fact that Warframe has only used Eternalism to facilitate the story's progression a grand total of once, that instance being the existence of the Drifter (and even then it's considered a special case in-universe and directly caused by the influence of the Man in the Wall)

That is true, it technically only happened once. I’m sure 1999 won’t have anything to do with Eternalism, it’s probably all time travel. Who am I kidding… bringing up a concept as broad as eternalism wouldn’t be immediately forgotten by the devs for something like time travel… right? I just realized who I was referring to, nvm it’s entirely possible. 

23 minutes ago, Corvid said:

Players post-New War have been quick to write off anything they don't understand as "Eternalism", even in cases where it does not apply.

Most of the time it’s because it either is Eternalism or “void stuff.” We don’t have concrete laws to go by, so it usually devolves to just “void stuff.”

• Like 1

I imagine the air support ability would just be free invis for a while, or killing all the lights on the tileset (like when you use the Magnetic method on the Corpus Ship Sabotage missions). this probably wouldn't be that hard to implement given some tilesets already have dark versions (grineer galleon also has one, used in the Abyss Exterminate for Dagath),and it'd be on brand for Stalker too! in this case though it'd also have the effect of making enemies even less likely to detect you and far less accurate with ranged weapons for a time.