The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The most underwhelming devstream.

vor 38 Minuten schrieb Nihilumbra8:

Was really hoping for some new voidshell skins, but it seems like we'll just get some meh tennogen stuff instead with Jade Shadows. Quite bummed at this upcoming update from a fashionframe perspective tbh.

It's about time that it became available for alternative skins too, because standard skins can't keep up in my opinion.

5 hours ago, _Eclips3_ said:

it barely showed anything about the upcoming jade shadow content except a 3 second clip of the stalker and an elevator.

..and you don't think maybe that has a lot to do with how this is supposed to be a Cinematic quest, and therefore heavily story driven? or that spoiling the story, even slightly, would negatively impact the player's experience when they play the quest, because they don't get to be surprised by certain plot events unfolding? or would you rather they just be like "so this is the new quest and in the end Jade dies and it makes Stalker sad, so you have that to look forward to!"?

just wait for the update. 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, _Eclips3_ said:

An option for those who are curious would be nice though. Why do you care if others did see the spoiler?

None of us have any control over what they show in the devstream, and it's kind of hard to, you know, "unspoil" the game once the damage is done

• Like 2

9 hours ago, _Eclips3_ said:

Sorry but this was the most underwhelming devstream, it barely showed anything about the upcoming jade shadow content except a 3 second clip of the stalker and an elevator. There's a massively different perspective between DE's idea of fun and everyone else's. I know there will be a few defending it out of loyalty rather than being genuine, those don't really count imo.

I am actually very happy they disappointed you. I hope they always do from now on. Not because I think you are a bad person or anything. It is because you wanted maximum information (spoilers) and DE FINALLY went back to showing little to none, leaving the entire experience for us to discover and enjoy. 

I just hope I can play it before any of the YouTubers decide to spoil it in the name of likes and clicks. 

• Like 4

Posted (edited)

I’m kinda disappointed with Ascension gamemode. 

I thought it was going to be something like Bloody Palace from DMC where you fight hordes while ascending a tower with boss fights in between (it doesn’t have to be endless but they could put a chest at the end after each boss) but it is just literally ascending with an elevator while doing Mobile Defense.

But oh well, I’m sure we will unlock something cool with the cinematic quest as we always do so there’s that. Jade seems super fun too!

Edited by Poloslash18
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Poloslash18 said:

I’m kinda disappointed with Ascension gamemode. 

I thought it was going to be something like Bloody Palace from DMC where you fight hordes while ascending a tower with boss fights in between (it doesn’t have to be endless but they could put a chest at the end after each boss) but it is just literally ascending with an elevator while doing Mobile Defense.

I'm surprised you actually expected more.

Okay... Okay...

Factual and objective things they showed to do with Jade Shadows:

1. The Teaser Trailer for the Quest, which they said they will not spoil and requested players to not spoil.
  2. The entire kit of Jade, the Warframe you get from Jade Shadows, in a five minute long demo of her abilities
  3. A demonstration of the new Game Mode that will release with Jade Shadows (the first non-endless game mode in years)
  4. The Clan Event that will launch with Jade Shadows and will bring with it the shop where you can purchase Jade's parts for currency gained in the new Game Mode
  5. The new Weapons launching with Jade
  6. New Cosmetics launching with Jade Shadows, including the Ephemera themed around Jade and new Hate Skin themed around Jade

And then there were all the other things that come with the update that aren't specific to Jade Shadows, including:

UI improvements to modding, Stats, viewing Augments for Abilities when you don't own them, Featured Fashion, Tutorial for New Players on Customisation, easier farming of Pathos Clamps, Enemy AI changes for Consoles, the Semi-Auto update, unifying Finishers and Mercy Kills to prevent confusion, making Necramechs easier to get, 4 new Augments, 5 new Decrees for Duviri, 5 new Arcanes, and a stealth Frost Rework to make Frost one of the most consistently winning frames of the last two years...

This was...

A pretty full DevStream.

Even just the purely Jade Shadows related content was a substantial time on screen during the stream.

• Like 8

Posted (edited)

I think it was a spot on Devstream and I was afraid before sitting down to watch it that they would spoil the story too much. Like they did with Whispers in the Walls imo. I was happy that this wasnt the case for Jade Shadows. It practically gave all the info I wanted for what is included in the patch without spoiling anything for the conematic quest.

edit: Also, the Frost info alone made this stream the best stream in ages.

Edited by SneakyErvin
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Psianide73 said:

The spoilt little brats are out in force.

Sad Baby GIF

Oh no, how dare I show dissatisfaction with a product, I'll just be a grown up and supress any original thought and express intense excitement with absolutely everything regardless of how I truly feel, almost like a *child(The ones god-defending it and throwing shade) trying to please a parent(DE)* (I'm looking at you btw).

I never said they had to cater to me nor that i was going to do anything tantrum like such as quit and throw a fit, I just gave a little feedback. There's no need for snarky comments.

Edited by _Eclips3_

1 hour ago, _Eclips3_ said:

Oh no, how dare I show dissatisfaction with a product, I'll just be a grown up and supress any original thought and express intense excitement with absolutely everything regardless of how I truly feel, almost like a *child(The ones god-defending it and throwing shade) trying to please a parent(DE)* (I'm looking at you btw).

I never said they had to cater to me nor that i was going to do anything tantrum like such as quit and throw a fit, I just gave a little feedback. There's no need for snarky comments.

You basically stated on your op that you were going to stick your fingers in your ears and shout "can't hear you, not listening" to anyone that disagreed. 

The definition of childish. 

The frame was showcased, the mission was teased minimally on purpose. You've been told this in the replies.

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, Psianide73 said:

You basically stated on your op that you were going to stick your fingers in your ears and shout "can't hear you, not listening" to anyone that disagreed. 

The definition of childish. 

The frame was showcased, the mission was teased minimally on purpose. You've been told this in the replies.

In the words of Borat- “never gunna hear this la la la lah.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, _Eclips3_ said:

Oh no, how dare I show dissatisfaction with a product

Pfft... WHAT ARE YOU ON ABOUT?!

BAhahahhaHAHAHAhahah...

You don't have a product!

You soft little thing...

You got a preview of the product! It's not in your hands, you don't have anything at all!

You can't be disappointed in a product until you know what it even is.

What you have is an opinion on something that you know nothing about.

And everyone else is dunking on it, rightfully so, because instead of being... I don't know... a mature adult about your opinion and waiting to have it confirmed by facts and/or reason, no... Instead you came here and put it in front of the Forums.

Then you accuse people pointing out how you're factually wrong about your opinion of being childish?

I need to get popcorn for this, it's just funny...

Edited by Birdframe_Prime
  • Like 11

This thread kinda reminds me of the people that were grumpy over the Godzilla trailer that practically showed nothing and spoiled nothing by keeping everything mysterious. Only to make the movie highly enjoyable on the first watch since all you knew was that Godzilla was gonna be in it and some human were going to jump out of an airplane with wing-suits.

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

Pfft... WHAT ARE YOU ON ABOUT?!

BAhahahhaHAHAHAhahah...

You don't have a product!

You soft little thing...

You got a preview of the product! It's not in your hands, you don't have anything at all!

You can't be disappointed in a product until you know what it even is.

What you have is an opinion on something that you know nothing about.

And everyone else is dunking on it, rightfully so, because instead of being... I don't know... a mature adult about your opinion and waiting to have it confirmed by facts and/or reason, no... Instead you came here and put it in front of the Forums.

Then you accuse people pointing out how you're factually wrong about your opinion of being childish?

I need to get popcorn for this, it's just funny...

I don’t usually agree with you as we’ve knocked each other before (tbh we ended on fair ground) i definitely agree with this how can an opinion be made on a teaser, people complained in the past that when the new content dropped there was no real surprises because the dev stream pretty much showed all of the content off, so DE listen and go all mysterious keeping us on thin ice and now they get complaining saying they didn’t show enough, it’s moother fooking tiring I’m usually fairly critical of DE but i genuinely think they put some thought into this update, they did a real good faith gesture with the heirloom stuff, didn’t drop too much info on the jade stuff to garner some hype, talked about changes, i agree with some childish attitudes being shown atm.

Edited by (PSN)FrDiabloFr
  • Like 4

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

This thread kinda reminds me of the people that were grumpy over the Godzilla trailer that practically showed nothing and spoiled nothing by keeping everything mysterious. Only to make the movie highly enjoyable on the first watch since all you knew was that Godzilla was gonna be in it and some human were going to jump out of an airplane with wing-suits.

9 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

Lol i like that analogy, the godzilla film was way better than it had any right to be.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, (PSN)FrDiabloFr said:

I don’t usually agree with you as we’ve knocked each other before (tbh we ended on fair ground) i definitely agree with this how can an opinion be made on a teaser, people complained in the past that when the new content dropped there was no real surprises because the dev stream pretty much showed all of the content off, so DE listen and go all mysterious keeping us on thin ice and now they get complaining saying they didn’t show enough, it’s moother fooking tiring I’m usually fairly critical of DE but i genuinely think they put some thought into this update, they did a real good faith gesture with the heirloom stuff, didn’t drop too much info on the jade stuff to garner some hype, talked about changes, i agree with some childish attitudes being shown atm.

It's the age old DE situation, they just cant get a win even when they do everything to please the community. And out of all the things in the Devstream the OP decides to complain about not having the cinematic quest spoiled ahead of time.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

It's the age old DE situation, they just cant get a win even when they do everything to please the community. And out of all the things in the Devstream the OP decides to complain about not having the cinematic quest spoiled ahead of time.

God forbid a 11 year game tries to get a little bit of hype with the player base, the shock, the horror ffs it’s insanely lame, seriously this has to be one of the most we as a player base have been listened to in a fair bit of time, it’s just never enough though.

I commend DE on this update, they actually tried.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, (PSN)FrDiabloFr said:

God forbid a 11 year game tries to get a little bit of hype with the player base, the shock, the horror ffs it’s insanely lame, seriously this has to be one of the most we as a player base have been listened to in a fair bit of time, it’s just never enough though.

I commend DE on this update, they actually tried.

Yeah, looking over everything that is coming with Jade Shadows I cant find a single thing that is bad.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

Yeah, looking over everything that is coming with Jade Shadows I cant find a single thing that is bad.

The only thing i’m slight vexed about (more so the community than DE) is the yareli deluxe we all know it was designed for ivara, (it just fits ivaras aesthetic so well)  people kept complaining yareli didn’t have a good skin DE panicked and took the ivara skin and plonked it on yareli,  i do really think they wanted to try and keep everyone happy here, i would have been happy to wait for a solid yareli deluxe rather than a rushed skin i may be wrong but that’s how i feel