Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

VIDEO: Millennial Gamer Dad On Jade Shadow Quest - This feels wrong

ORIGINAL VIDEO:

At the beginning of the quest you get the Trauma Waring for Motherhood Trauma. However, you can not skip the quest as the new game mode and the event is locked behind this quest. You can not skip a part of the quest. In reality that Trauma Warning is just a spoiler as the player has no control over quest progression, skipping it or cutting out some parts.

For me playing as a pregnant frame just feels wrong. I can’t put my finger on it, but it’s an odd feeling.

I mean JADE was one of the core reasons I wanted to return to Warframe. So I think the best option would be to have a toggle. Where you can disable the belly. Not on just your frame. But other frames too. My example, and maybe not the greatest one is spiders. Many people are afraid of spiders so many games let that player turn on a toggle that replaces the spiders with something else.

Let's not forget that Stalker can teleport in to Orbiter and just delete Operator. Yeah.

I don't have an issue with the quest or the story idea, but just the JAde we use for gameplay.

• Like 10

13 minutes ago, RagEneT said:

In reality that Trauma Warning is just a spoiler

I disagree

Warframe has had a theme of motherhood since 2016, and a running joke of "space mom" since 2013. And the pregnancy thing still caught me completely off guard because "motherhood" is very broad. Margulis simply didn't bother having kids and was forced to pretend to adopt to save lives. Lotus wants kids but is sterile so she turned to adoption. Hunhow and Praghasa have kids, but are now a broken family. Goimetru also broke her family due to her raging flaming ego, but she was lucky enough to get a second chance and mend things with her children. All stories about motherhood (and fatherhood), none of them involving pregnancy

If the trigger warning had read "themes of trauma due to childbirth" that definitely would have spoiled everything. But it didn't 

• Like 16

I will admit playing a pregnant themed frame does kinda make my skin crawl lol.

I still loved the quest and the questions I have now because of the story though.

I'm hoping eventually she gets a deluxe or tennogen skin that does away with the belly

Also, its going to be really hard to give lore reasoning to how jade received a primed version from the orokin or something.

And you cant really make jade umbra because it would literally be the trapped body of a pregnant woman which is horrifying

Edited by Mr.Holyroller
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, C11H22O1 said:

Jade isn't pregnant anymore, the womb is just symbolic now.

You're playing a frame with motherly themes that's all

This is true since the Jade we make is no longer weakened,the baby was the cause so it proves she's not carrying him anymore.

4 minutes ago, Mr.Holyroller said:

I will admit playing a pregnant themed frame does kinda make my skin crawl lol.

I still loved the quest and the questions I have now because of the story though.

I'm hoping eventually she gets a deluxe or tennogen skin that does away with the belly

Also, its going to be really hard to give lore reasoning to how jade received a primed version from the orokin or something.

And you cant really make jade umbra because it would literally be the trapped body of a pregnant woman which is horrifying

They can say that the Jade in the quest is the og who actually had the baby,and the Prime is just an upgraded version Ballas made,and he kept her looking pregnant because the whole reason he chose her was to see what happens if you infect a pregnant woman.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, V2lkyr said:

They can say that the Jade in the quest is the og who actually had the baby,and the Prime is just an upgraded version Ballas made,and he kept her looking pregnant because the whole reason he chose her was to see what happens if you infect a pregnant woman.

Oh god you just made ballas one of the most evil characters in all of sci-fi

• Like 2

This really bugs me a lot. If the women looks pregnant but isn't, it's wrong. If the girl looks under age but isn't it's also wrong. Perspective is a mindful thing. Let's keep it that way.

• Like 2

This quest is about paternal love, overcoming and transcending alliances, enemies, and resonating on common love and understanding regarding the life of a child and a loved one.

Instead you people decide to focus on the "ew that's weird and disgusting" part. No wonder they deleted the thread with that one guy complaining about Jade's concept and implications of the quest.

It seriously baffles me how such a profound story flew over some people's heads. 

• Like 18

34 minutes ago, RagEneT said:

For me playing as a pregnant frame just feels wrong. I can’t put my finger on it, but it’s an odd feeling.

I mean JADE was one of the core reasons I wanted to return to Warframe. So I think the best option would be to have a toggle. Where you can disable the belly

13 minutes ago, Mr.Holyroller said:

Ok so remember that the frames we use are all clones. The original Excalibur Umbra was shot to death on-screen and the ones in our inventories are clones. Same with the other Warframes.

And if you clone a pregnant person you don't clone their unborn children, that's not how cloning works. Like the fact you're pregnant isn't written into your DNA (unless you're in the Alien franchise)

So the belly is probably a Jade Light particle chamber for all the clones we are going to build. Grendel also has a belly, and his is a wormhole

• Like 3

Stalker could enter our ship in a previous mission, he knows how to reach us but he knows he won't win fighting us within inches of our Arsenal. So he just comes in to try to ruin our missions instead. We also know how to find him as shown in the New War. So he knows how to find us and we know how to find him while the both of us are very durable, so it's not a good strategy on his part to actually try to sneak in and kill us. Because we would most likely fight him off and do the same, thus putting Jade in danger.

Corpus letting the Stalker and Baby go makes sense. They were shooting a wall of bullets at him, how were they going to shoot just him and not the baby? Their options were, kill him and the miracle baby, making all the work getting to it moot, carefully try to only take out Stalker while he wipes out their forces, or let him go.

And all this outrage over Jade being pregnant has been silly, she's still a war machine that can easily be repaired. And the actual baby has already been born.

Edited by TeaHands
  • Like 5

31 minutes ago, RagEneT said:

This is the exact kind of feeling that you shouldn't simply succumb to; rather, you should critically interrogate it.  If you don't know why you feel the way you do, how can you know whether you're tapping into something reasonable versus jumping at shadows?

Sometimes being uncomfortable can give us helpful insight, but sometimes it can lead us astray, because feelings aren't always logical.  I highly recommend doing your due diligence so you can learn to what degree this feeling is rational.  There's something valuable for you to learn here, and once you do you'll be better for it.

• Like 14

vor 15 Minuten schrieb Mr.Holyroller:

Oh god you just made ballas one of the most evil characters in all of sci-fi

You're kidding right? Have you not heard any other story about other warframes before?

---

How are people so shocked about how dark the game is? It's literally telling you it's been dark for a decade.

Edited by (XBOX)K1jker
Clarification
  • Like 6

1 minute ago, (XBOX)K1jker said:

You're kidding right? Have you not heard any other story about other warframes before? How are people so shocked about how dark the game is? It's literally telling you it's been dark for a decade.

im not shocked. not sure where this is coming from.

vor 1 Minute schrieb Mr.Holyroller:

im not shocked. not sure where this is coming from.

I didn't mean you with the shocked, but rather the others that are out of their mind right now trying to get jade downright deleted. It's ridiculous.

Next time I put my usual --- to separate sentences 😅

Edited by (XBOX)K1jker
  • Like 1

Can I just fire Ordis and higher a superior security system like Poe?

fxcxiSq.gif

Spoiler

EDIT: Oh btw. Story wise Stalker can't kill "our" tenno. Though I think this takes place earlier in the story. We're immortal and can beat him without a Warframe just as we do Umbra. Tenno power is explored throughout the story. They don't need the Warframes to be strong.

Gameplay wise yea. Doesn't work the same.

Edited by Xzorn

1 hour ago, RagEneT said:

ORIGINAL VIDEO:

At the beginning of the quest you get the Trauma Waring for Motherhood Trauma. However, you can not skip the quest as the new game mode and the event is locked behind this quest. You can not skip a part of the quest. In reality that Trauma Warning is just a spoiler as the player has no control over quest progression, skipping it or cutting out some parts.

I mean JADE was one of the core reasons I wanted to return to Warframe. So I think the best option would be to have a toggle. Where you can disable the belly. Not on just your frame. But other frames too. My example, and maybe not the greatest one is spiders. Many people are afraid of spiders so many games let that player turn on a toggle that replaces the spiders with something else.

Let's not forget that Stalker can teleport in to Orbiter and just delete Operator. Yeah.

I don't have an issue with the quest or the story idea, but just the JAde we use for gameplay.

Just think of the belly as a window pet carrier it can see out of, like those backpacks you see on YouTube with a pet looking out the window. :tongue: 

Spoiler

Portable-And-Durable-Outdoor-Capsule-Ventilated-Backpack-With-Visual-Window-Pets-Bag-Visual-Window-Pet-Bag.jpg

• Like 3

vor 1 Minute schrieb Slayer-.:

Just think of the belly as a window pet carrier it can see out of, like those backpacks you see on YouTube with a pet looking out the window. :tongue: 

Inhalt unsichtbar machen

Portable-And-Durable-Outdoor-Capsule-Ventilated-Backpack-With-Visual-Window-Pets-Bag-Visual-Window-Pet-Bag.jpg

😂 

6 minutes ago, Elenortirie said:

Do I read this thread correctly, that player owned Jade retains the pregnancy... sphere?

Yes, you can see it if you go into the market and pick the Jade Warframe by itself you can see it while she is floating around.

1 hour ago, RagEneT said:

That's a good thing tho, here I was opening I'd have my Operator killed off, so I can only play Drifter 

31 minutes ago, Slayer-. said:

Reveal hidden contents

THAT'S EVEN WORSE XD

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ominumi said:

If the girl looks under age but isn't it's also wrong.

Your horrid take literally translates to anyone who, due to genetics, is perpetually youthful in appearance (extremely common in the Far East regions of the world) must forfeit any ability to ever have a relationship or find happiness in their life.

Could you be any more of an evil """person"""?

Edited by Hexerin
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

Your horrid take literally translates to anyone who, due to genetics, is perpetually youthful in appearance (extremely common in the Far East regions of the world) must forfeit any ability to ever have a relationship or find happiness in their life.

Could you be any more of an evil """person"""?

Perspective my friend. It's only wrong because the person deem it wrong. Otherwise, no harm no foul.