The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I would love a "WeakAuras" type of functionality for Warframe.

4thBro

As a WoW player, the addon called WeakAuras allows you to take information that's already accessible to you in the game and totally customize how you're receiving that information. For example, you can watch your own cooldowns or buff timers by setting up icons on your screen, wherever you want, any size you want, and modify things like its transparency, maybe give it a glowing outline, and all sorts of other things!

Well... I think it's no secret that Warframe's in-mission UI is pretty clunky and miserable in regards to buffs that you have on you. Instead of trying to figure out how to fix it so everyone is happy...

... Why not allow US to fix it for ourselves, to GUARANTEE that we're happy?? 😮

Something to the effect of a WeakAuras capability in Warframe would make me happier than you can even understand. And I think literally everyone would be absolutely ecstatic if all development completely halted in order to roll this out as the very next patch.

Anyway, that's what I got for today. Cheers, folks!

Edited by 4thBro
  • Like 4

Warframe is not nearly difficult enough to warrant that level of information output.

You have to remember, WoW updates have been designed for years now with the knowledge that high level raids are done with extensive external tool use, and balanced around that in terms of difficulty. Warframe doesn't have raids, mythic dungeons, the closest thing that we have to this is eidolon speedruns, but those can be mechanically memorized without much outside help.

Basically, there's nothing in the game that really justifies those tools.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, 4thBro said:

It has nothing to do with game difficulty. The justification for good QOL tools is to have good QOL.

This is true in the abstract

But you chose to hang your vision on an EXTERNAL game mod, and DE would rather kill themselves than allow that

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

This is true in the abstract

But you chose to hang your vision on an EXTERNAL game mod, and DE would rather kill themselves than allow that

The idea is from an external WoW addon. But that doesn't mean it can't be built in-game on Warframe. (Or WoW for that matter, but WoW openly welcomes addons because it takes work off their load.)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 4thBro said:

As a WoW player, the addon called WeakAuras

Crutch addon in WoW, so unnecessary in Warframe. Addons are a grey area in Warframe and the games not nearly complex enough to justify it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kaiga said:

Warframe is not nearly difficult enough to warrant that level of information output.

You have to remember, WoW updates have been designed for years now with the knowledge that high level raids are done with extensive external tool use, and balanced around that in terms of difficulty. Warframe doesn't have raids, mythic dungeons, the closest thing that we have to this is eidolon speedruns, but those can be mechanically memorized without much outside help.

Basically, there's nothing in the game that really justifies those tools.

Even then, you can play WoW at the top 1% tier without any addons, they're primarily a crutch. Speaking from experience as a former 15 year player.

Options that allow players to customize their UI a bit more?  Sure, that sounds cool.

But something as powerful as Weak Auras?  No thank you.  In fact, please no not that.

I don't want Warframe to go in the same direction that WoW has with this kind of stuff.

• Like 2

Warframe doesn't need Deadly Boss Mod. Customize UI would be great to have. Though most people that want UI changes just have tunnel vision staring at the center of the screen on their 40 inch monitor.

More UI customization would be neat, though I don't see how it'd solve Warframe's UI issue.

Our problem stems from everything being tied to an abstract icon which only briefly tells you the name of, which doesn't even always match the name of the source, when it's applied. To fix this we really just need abilities, arcanes, mods, focus, etc to show their buff icons in their tooltips. Then players have a more reasonable approach to learning said icons. Sorting what goes where or if it's even displayed would help too but still doesn't get around the core problem.

• Like 1

It'd be cute but, 

I don't even look at the buffs anymore. Unnecessary information, knowing that I'm getting +2000% damage from Rhino or something. *Knowing* that I got that buff won't help me either, doesn't really matter anymore. I already got the mission UI shrunk down so it's taking less screen space, I wanna see the space ninjas.

I want a speedometer. I wanna know how fast my frame is moving. Thats the only super special addition I'd want 

Edited by (XBOX)CaligulaTwily

The UI for Warframe is not THAT clunky with (guessing) tenfold less information to keep track of. And depending on how much it does it may actually end up breaking WF TOS for automating gameplay.

The two games are not 1:1 and WoW would not be in the top games I'd want Warframe to take inspiration from.

• 4 weeks later...
On 2024-06-24 at 2:28 PM, 4thBro said:

The idea is from an external WoW addon. But that doesn't mean it can't be built in-game on Warframe. (Or WoW for that matter, but WoW openly welcomes addons because it takes work off their load.)

I don't hate this idea. 

I'll be straight with you, I'm not enamored with it, but I don't hate it. And it sounds like something that if I didn't like could be easily enough ignored. But.

I think this, even if it were to get enough attention, which no offense but is a big if, would come down to "is it worth the resources and effort to implement this that could be used for something else".

And this seems like the kind of thing they wouldnt bother with. 

And the reason I say that is because while there are often a lot of buffs on screen, this isn't wow. There aren't THAT many, and even when there are a bunch it's generally not that important. 

You could functionally play the game with that whole part of the hud turned off whereas in wow not seeing that kind of information would be a big deal.

Am 24.6.2024 um 20:28 schrieb 4thBro:

As a WoW player, the addon called WeakAuras allows you to take information that's already accessible to you in the game and totally customize how you're receiving that information. For example, you can watch your own cooldowns or buff timers by setting up icons on your screen, wherever you want, any size you want, and modify things like its transparency, maybe give it a glowing outline, and all sorts of other things!

Well... I think it's no secret that Warframe's in-mission UI is pretty clunky and miserable in regards to buffs that you have on you. Instead of trying to figure out how to fix it so everyone is happy...

... Why not allow US to fix it for ourselves, to GUARANTEE that we're happy?? 😮

Something to the effect of a WeakAuras capability in Warframe would make me happier than you can even understand. And I think literally everyone would be absolutely ecstatic if all development completely halted in order to roll this out as the very next patch.

Anyway, that's what I got for today. Cheers, folks!

of course. wow would be garbage without the player creativity. because they fixed the gameplay massively and the company stole their work and recreated similar functionality.
the raids at the beginning were the last joke.

and here the players would also fix a lot of things because they ACTUALLY play the game and don't live on another planet with pink ponies...

15 hours ago, 4thBro said:

Ok, so, we're all voting No on this because... we don't literally require it in order to beat the game.

Is that what I'm reading in here?

Looks like it.

Just because WoW sucks so hard that you NEED third-party addons to play it doesn't mean that every other game does too.

• Like 1

On 2024-07-19 at 12:14 PM, Raarsi said:

Just because WoW sucks so hard that you NEED third-party addons to play it doesn't mean that every other game does too.

Right. I mean, again... I didn't say it's needed.

What I'm saying is that the interface for buffs is terrible. And a WeakAuras type thing would let US fix it ourselves, leaving zero room for DE to get it wrong.

• 1 month later...
On 2024-06-24 at 3:39 PM, (XBOX)CaligulaTwily said:

It'd be cute but, 

I don't even look at the buffs anymore. Unnecessary information, knowing that I'm getting +2000% damage from Rhino or something. *Knowing* that I got that buff won't help me either, doesn't really matter anymore. I already got the mission UI shrunk down so it's taking less screen space, I wanna see the space ninjas.

I want a speedometer. I wanna know how fast my frame is moving. Thats the only super special addition I'd want 

Funny enough, this is kind of towards why I want it.

Most of this crap i don't need to know about. But yet, it's all still flooding my screen.

I would like to move my relevant buffs somewhere else. Like Incarn timers, or sometimes Zenurik timer, etc etc. But they're buried somewhere in the 100 buffs that I have.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, 4thBro said:

Funny enough, this is kind of towards why I want it.

Most of this crap i don't need to know about. But yet, it's all still flooding my screen.

I would like to move my relevant buffs somewhere else. Like Incarn timers, or sometimes Zenurik timer, etc etc. But they're buried somewhere in the 100 buffs that I have.

Yeah thats what I primarily want too...

Timers for buffs like Saryns vendom dose and toxic lash are the main ones for me as I like to try keep 100% uptime when fighting

• Like 1

Le 24/06/2024 à 22:13, (PSN)Unstar a dit :

Options that allow players to customize their UI a bit more?  Sure, that sounds cool.

But something as powerful as Weak Auras?  No thank you.  In fact, please no not that.

I don't want Warframe to go in the same direction that WoW has with this kind of stuff.

Such great video ! Very informative.

Also explains a lot about why new players that used to be that heavily assisted cannot play Warframe and feel lost and confused, feeling forced to rush to other tools like Overframe and Aleca.

Warframe was designed by old school gamerz wanting players to use their brains, to make mistakes, and to learn on their own ; earning humility and pride doing so.

• Like 1

il y a 1 minute, -ShadowRadiance- a dit :

As a former wowplayer who still raids ADDON FREE in other mmo's (ffxiv)

I cannot scream 'keep that filth' out of this game loud enough.

Hard vote -NO-

Man, hard respect for real gamer.