The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

why has the prime schedule been disrupted this heavily?

7 hours ago, Raarsi said:

Which they did rectify to what extent they could.

All I'mma say to this is...

DE should look into finding a away to make those heirlooms available again. Like Ember Heirloom. 

If it requires refunds or perhaps issuing a special item exclusive to the original buyers then so be it. 

They vowed to NEVER make the Excalibur Prime mistake again. And well....

14 hours ago, PollexMessier said:

You do remember they slammed a 5 ton I-beam into their own nuts while flipping off the majority of their playerbase at the same time with the way they handled mag and frost heirloom, just to get that sweet sweet fomo whale semen cash, right?

Just gotta say you damn near killed me with this description. Had me choking on my coffee to the point my coworker started smacking the S#&$ out of my back.

14 hours ago, trst said:

The incident that created Xaku happened. 

Ballas learns about this incident.

Varia confirms that some frames got primed post creation. 

Ballas is impressed by this happy accident and constructs/commissions a prime. 

I suppose this is possible but it completely destroys the Xaku Lore and robs the character of their identity/story. 

The entire accident concept of Xaku is one of the more interesting story beats in Warframe.

If we dabble into Eternalism then Xaku Umbra makes even MORE sense than a Prime. 

I feel like making Umbra frames story-linked and extremely exclusive to the more unique Frames is the best way to have them option. 

That said...

Even with Eternalism and post creation priming....

Valkyr Prime still makes no sense. 😂 

I feel like there's one dev at DE who is like: "Can we just pull a Destiny and blatantly retcon our own lore to shut everyone up about Valkyrie Prime?!"

1 hour ago, Aerikx said:

All I'mma say to this is...

DE should look into finding a away to make those heirlooms available again. Like Ember Heirloom.

The problem isn't exclusivity this time, but rather ownership because DE no longer owns the art assets for them.  That means that they can no longer legally sell those particular Heirloom skins unless the artists that own the rights to those assets are willing to sell them back to DE, and I'd even wager that that was one of the bigger reasons why they were originally so expensive when they first came out.  With the Ember and (hopefully) Rhino Heirlooms, they did purchase the rights to the art assets for them, which is why they can be available permanently.

Also, as someone who does own the Frost and Mag Heirloom skins, I'm all for more players being able to get their hands on them.  Exclusivity is a dumb argument.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Aerikx said:

I suppose this is possible but it completely destroys the Xaku Lore and robs the character of their identity/story. 

The entire accident concept of Xaku is one of the more interesting story beats in Warframe.

If we dabble into Eternalism then Xaku Umbra makes even MORE sense than a Prime. 

I feel like making Umbra frames story-linked and extremely exclusive to the more unique Frames is the best way to have them option. 

That said...

Even with Eternalism and post creation priming....

Valkyr Prime still makes no sense. 😂 

I feel like there's one dev at DE who is like: "Can we just pull a Destiny and blatantly retcon our own lore to shut everyone up about Valkyrie Prime?!"

Except nothing about that breaks Xaku's lore? The only detail to question would be the whole "Throughout the ages, the trio were lost to the Void" mention in their lore. But since we have no time scale for the Orokin Empire and Orokin are effectively immortal (mind you Albrecht discovered the void and is still kicking around) so nothing says those "ages" weren't during the Orokin's time. And even if that was irreconcilable having them literally thrown into the void is a better Eternalism setup than Revenant's.

As for Valkyr nothing is problematic with her lore. The only wrinkle there is how Alad made her arm restraints, something not on Gersemi, resemble the ones on her Prime. Which can be explained either via coincidence or Alad also knowing what the Prime looked like but only had a non-Prime to work on.

• Like 2

Here's my guess. They half made the Sevagoth Deluxe skin that got reconfigured into the prime. Then development of 1999 or the other 2 patches started looming and they were like, how about we get out this half finished fella and get back to what we were working on?

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, trst said:

As for Valkyr nothing is problematic with her lore. The only wrinkle there is how Alad made her arm restraints, something not on Gersemi, resemble the ones on her Prime. Which can be explained either via coincidence or Alad also knowing what the Prime looked like but only had a non-Prime to work on.

The problem with Valkyrie is that Alad didn't just make the restrains, he also peeled off the bulk of her Gersemi shell, and well messed her up so much (which seems to have somehow altered her kit).

The Prime as a result should resemble her Gersemi skin/be based off that, not her tortured and altered form but it's based off her post Alad V form. (Hence the issue with her)

As for Xaku, they are made up of 3 beneficiaries to the Entrati. So for Xaku Prime to be a thing, all 3 of those beneficiaries now need to have been prime frames, and these prime frames would have happened to have somehow been destroyed and lost to the void, and the Xaku process had to happen again.

(Yes, yes, Eternalism can be the Mcguffin to explain how this unlikely scenario happened a 'second'/'first' time but with prime parts not normal parts. But I feel like this is more than simply: outcome a and B both happen and don't happen. This explanation feels like an entirely new parallel timeline.)

The Umbra process however, would involve the OG Xaku perhaps, upgrading themself, which could be a very interesting narrative/story.

(Maybe we get to see and know the 3 frames that became Xaku)

Edited by Aerikx

34 minutes ago, Aerikx said:

The problem with Valkyrie is that Alad didn't just make the restrains, he also peeled off the bulk of her Gersemi shell, and well messed her up so much (which seems to have somehow altered her kit).

The Prime as a result should resemble her Gersemi skin/be based off that, not her tortured and altered form but it's based off her post Alad V form. (Hence the issue with her)

Nothing says her abilities are actually altered.

And the Prime does resemble Gersemi more than the base. Their helmets are more similar, both have a tail (the Prime doesn't have much of one but still more than the base), and both have the shoulder spikes. Plus Gersemi has a better resemblance to Zankua which aligns with the base frame's story. Only difference is the arm attachments which again can be explained without breaking her lore.

37 minutes ago, Aerikx said:

As for Xaku, they are made up of 3 beneficiaries to the Entrati. So for Xaku Prime to be a thing, all 3 of those beneficiaries now need to have been prime frames, and these prime frames would have happened to have somehow been destroyed and lost to the void, and the Xaku process had to happen again.

(Yes, yes, Eternalism can be the Mcguffin to explain how this unlikely scenario happened a 'second'/'first' time but with prime parts not normal parts. But I feel like this is more than simply: outcome a and B both happen and don't happen. This explanation feels like an entirely new parallel timeline.)

The Umbra process however, would involve the OG Xaku perhaps, upgrading themself, which could be a very interesting narrative/story.

(Maybe we get to see and know the 3 frames that became Xaku)

Considering we can recreate Xaku off of blueprints nothing says Ballas couldn't make a Prime out of the existing Xaku or a new Prime frame with the same abilities. And even if it did require throwing Primes of the original three into the Void until Xaku Prime pops out well that's very on point for Ballas' character. Again there's nothing in the way of a Xaku Prime and doesn't require some convoluted plot or a non-Prime to justify it.

There's simply no reason to be jumping through hoops for either of these frames. The lore is just fine with them having Primes.

• Like 1

I keep on seeing people get confused as to how Xaku would even be Primed, when we gotta remember; the original Warframes that we first get access to are not the same as their Orokin versions that existed later on. So it wouldn't be hard to deduce that the Orokin wanted to harness the being that was Xaku to attempt to make a 'complete' version of them; only to problem somehow make a beast more untamed than before.

I'm just gonna be a lil' ticked off if I don't get my spooky guilded skeleton this year.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Xycelium said:

I keep on seeing people get confused as to how Xaku would even be Primed, when we gotta remember; the original Warframes that we first get access to are not the same as their Orokin versions that existed later on. So it wouldn't be hard to deduce that the Orokin wanted to harness the being that was Xaku to attempt to make a 'complete' version of them; only to problem somehow make a beast more untamed than before.

I'm just gonna be a lil' ticked off if I don't get my spooky guilded skeleton this year.

Once we got Nidus Prime, they were all on the table.

5 hours ago, Sojufueled said:

Once we got Nidus Prime, they were all on the table.

I literally don't understand how Nidus Prime was this 'Make it or Break it' point for so many folks, especially since its basically just a "regular infested vs deimos infested" situation.

Like, a lot of peoples go-to lore breakers don't really break lore all that much, if at all.

Edited by (XBOX)Omega399
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, (XBOX)Omega399 said:

I literally don't understand how Nidus Prime was this 'Make it or Break it' point for so many folks, especially since its basically just a "regular infested vs deimos infested" situation.

Like, a lot of peoples go-to lore breakers don't really break lore all that much, if at all.

It was sort of them declaring Primes don't have to be an orokin thing. They'll find a way to make them all work.

Just gonna copy down what I commented onto the wiki because I've never seen it brought up.

There has been a consistent m-m-f-f pattern (supposedly it's not as consistent as I've been led to believe, but it's...consistent enough) followed in the prime release patterns, which obviously posed a question about Xaku as they're neither, so where to put 'em?

Answer: have 1 f (Protea Prime) and 1 m (Sevagoth Prime) before Xaku so that there's no pull one way or the other.

• Like 1

I'm sure there's a reason, but I'm not sure what it is.

So I'll throw out my guess: it's finally time to nerf Gloom, and they can do that alongside some updates to Sevagoth's kit with the Prime release.

This is not a serious theory.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Sojufueled said:

It was sort of them declaring Primes don't have to be an orokin thing. They'll find a way to make them all work.

What is there that even suggests that Nidus or his Prime aren't Orokin made? The quest explicitly called Nidus an "Old war relic" and his Prime got a Ballas narration.

• Like 1

Its okay everyone. Ballas is a good friend of mine, so I called him up and he had this to say "All Warframes no matter their lore or given backstories will get Primed, your personal interpretations and suppositions and assumptions are all wrong. Yes even that one. That one as well. Especially that one. All of them. No no, it doesn't have to make sense to you, you don't get to decide, fool that you are. I get to decide, because I am Ballas, its literally in my name, Balla, so case closed! Finito. Now stop bothering me, I am in the middle of trying to be resurrected!". 

There you have it. Now, some of the more observant amongst you might be like... "but Ballas isn't real and you don't have any good friends", well first rude, and second, yes, Ballas is fictional, as is the lore behind Warframes. They can literally just add more voice lines to Varzia. "Xaku Prime? Crazy eh, I heard that happened because Ballas was having a threesome  and thought the skeley Warframe should get a Primed version, and or he somehow we found the original Primed versions of the other ones that make up, and blah blah, even what even is okay, nevermind, am I having a stroke yes, lore consistent, okay bye now thanks."

I do actually like the idea/suggestion that DE knows/realises that many people go by the pattern of MM/FF/MM, and realised the implication of Xaku being non binary and the implications some players might have with that, and then so decided to preemptively break that pattern, in advance, with Warframes whose gender are more pronounced/traditional, just so other Warframes broke the tradition/pattern, just so some people can't be like "well Xaku took the F spot in the pattern therefore...". 

Either way, though one part of my brain liked the pattern for being able to try predict which Warframe might be ext to be Primed, one other part of my brain likes if this pattern gets breaking more. Makes Prime Access more random and exciting.