The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dog Days 2024!

[DE]Taylor

fb13d60533fb445f6a5cf0bd869556d5.jpg

Dog Days has returned from now until September 3rd at 2pm ET!

Take a stand on the sand and get your Soaktron ready to rumble… Dog Days is back for another seasonal seaside slobberknocker! Kela De Thaym has the beach arena primed for mayhem, so grab your inner tube and let the Lob Blobs fly.

Complete four limited-time Tactical Alerts to earn new Rewards, Credits and Nakak Pearls that you can use to trade for items in Nakak’s exclusive Dog Days offerings, found in her Beach Toys stock on Cetus.

This iteration of Dog Days also features Nakak Pearl awards for Assists - read on for more details!

NEW REWARDS

In addition to returning favorites, like Captura Scenes and the Soaktron Rifle Skin, new rewards have arrived with a splash!

DogDays2024_CommunityGlyphs.png

Hellshell Domestik Drone

A new Domestik Drone is also available to earn from Mission 4 of the Tactical Alerts, ready to give your dirty Orbiter floors Hell!

Community Dog Days Glyphs

These Glyphs featuring Grendel, Lavos, Voruna, and Yareli were created by community artist CheruuAx!

Dropkick Drahk Sigil and Emblem

You know what The Drahk is cooking.

HOW TO PLAY

From Navigation, select the Dog Days Tactical Alert missions under the Event tab to be transported to a tropical arena that shifts from day to night. The Dog Day’s arena is a water munitions-only zone, which means there are no Mods, Buffs (Invigorations and Archon shards), Companions, or Abilities. Winning a match comes down to who can drench the opposing team the most (Tenno vs. Grineer) before the timer runs out.

If your Soaktron runs out of water you can refill it by passing through water refill stations dotted around the map. Another thing you will find at some of these stations are Lob Blobs!

Nakak Pearl Rebalancing and Rewards from Assists

The only thing that grinds Tenno gears more than Executioner Garesh are kill steals in Dog Days. Those woes are hopefully a thing of the past with these new Nakak Pearl Rebalancing changes.

These changes apply specifically to Mission 4 of Dog Days:

• All Kills now reward 2 Nakak Pearls. 
  • Players who helped kill an enemy (but didn’t strike the final blow) will now earn 1 Nakak Pearl per Assist

To balance out the increased number of Pearls from Kills and Assists, Mission 4’s rewards have been reduced from 50 to 30 Nakak Pearls. (note: this does not apply to the first-time completion reward of 100 Pearls for Mission 4).

The overall change results in more Nakak Pearls for active players, and hopefully increased Nakak Pearls acquisition as a whole!

Tactical Alerts

Each Tactical Alert mission rewards the following once completed. We have also increased the amount of Nakak Pearls earned per mission compared to previous appearances!

• Mission 1: Suplex Kubrow Glyph + 50,000 Credits + 25 Nakak Pearls 
  • Mission 2: Dog Days War Display + 50,000 Credits + 50 Nakak Pearls 
  • Mission 3: Dropkick Drahk Emblem + 50,000 Credits + 75 Nakak Pearls 
  • Mission 4*: Hellshell Domestik Drone + 50,000 Credits + 100 Nakak Pearls

*Replaying Mission 4 earns you Nakak Pearls for each enemy you soak to smithereens, and now also for assists.

Nakak Pearls can be exchanged at Nakak in Cetus for extra Rewards, including Floofs, Captura Scenes, and more.

NAKAK’S BEACH TOYS

Visit Nakak in Cetus, Earth and select the “Beach Toys” option to view all she has to offer to trade for your hard earned Nakak Pearls!

New:

• Dropkick Drahk Sigil
  • Community Dog Days Grendel Glyph
  • Community Dog Days Lavos Glyph
  • Community Dog Days Voruna Glyph
  • Community Dog Days Yareli Glyph
  • Ride The Wave Glyph
  • Ride The Wave Poster 
  • Noggle Statue - Yareli and Merulina

A new “Seasonal” tab in the in-game Market has also arrived, which features Dog Days items available for purchase! This tab will appear in the future whenever Seasonal items become available. 

Keep those dogs cool and rock’em soak’em, Tenno!!

• Like 14

Adding pearls for assists is a great improvement, but "balancing" by increasing kill pearls and reducing win pearls isn't going to cut down on the toxic behavior.  You're still going to have people leeching via afk, and stealing kills where they can.

The rewards are just such a big grind with the number of pearls needed, that people are going to keep pushing for extras wherever they can.

The better solution would be to reduce the pearl cost of rewards, award players a pearl for each kill or assist, and make the win reward a multiplier based on how many points the squad wins by, i.e. tier 4 you get 2x pearls for the difference in points. Or even better, eliminate the win reward and award pearls based on tier kill or assists, i.e. tier 4 you get 4 per kill or assist, but tier 1 is just 1 each, to help balance the difficulty levels.  This would mean better teamwork = better rewards.  Not a perfect solution, but it would help mitigate the worst of the toxic behavior that sucks the fun out of these missions.

Edited by (PSN)incompetenceyay
  • Like 18

It feels like we're getting screwed with how annoying it is to hit the enemies, especially when we're right on top of them. We even tried using the Lob Blobs, but they are detrimental when we run out and try to pull out the soaker thanks to how slow it is to swap, especially thanks to Gareesh

Edited by ZarexJaeger
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, [DE]Taylor said:

To balance out the increased number of Pearls from Kills and Assists, Mission 4’s rewards have been reduced from 50 to 30 Nakak Pearls. (note: this does not apply to the first-time completion reward of 100 Pearls for Mission 4).

Feels like this is a really bad change 

• Like 8

Cool event, i just really want a pool noodle melee, maybe even make it a skin like you can get with the soaktron? Would make the lob blobs good on the higher tiers where the aoe doesnt one shot. Soften a group up with blobs, then whack em with the noodle.

• Like 5

please for the love of god let us keep the floaties im on my hands and knees begging id rather you remove the soaked ephemera and let us keep the dog days ephemera idk what i have to do to convince yall not to make the peak of warframe limited

• Like 9

I can get between 100-120 per misson. But hat shop is full to the brim. About 10000 Pearls for the lot? Yeah its mostly cosmetic rewards but man...

Worst of all that misson is no fun to play. I get that DE likes it while they are playing in reach of the server room. But even a 100ping host makes it a horrible expierience. The Gun has the worst feel of any gun in the game. I have no idea how far, fast or accurate my shot are because of the annoying pressure mechanic.

For a completionist this hurts, but i'll pass on the rewards again this year. I hope someone finds this fun, i dont.

• Like 11

All seasonal cosmetics should be permanent! Most of them already are. Y'all just added permanent bunny ears a few months ago. Do the inner tube:

edxfuLb.png

Heck, the fish Ephemera has always been permanent and it's literal fish!

tWZKva5.png

• Like 10

2 hours ago, (PSN)incompetenceyay said:

Adding pearls for assists is a great improvement, but "balancing" by increasing kill pearls and reducing win pearls isn't going to cut down on the toxic behavior.  You're still going to have people leeching via afk, and stealing kills where they can.

The rewards are just such a big grind with the number of pearls needed, that people are going to keep pushing for extras wherever they can.

The better solution would be to reduce the pearl cost of rewards, award players a pearl for each kill or assist, and make the win reward a multiplier based on how many points the squad wins by, i.e. tier 4 you get 2x pearls for the difference in points. Or even better, eliminate the win reward and award pearls based on tier kill or assists, i.e. tier 4 you get 4 per kill or assist, but tier 1 is just 1 each, to help balance the difficulty levels.  This would mean better teamwork = better rewards.  Not a perfect solution, but it would help mitigate the worst of the toxic behavior that sucks the fun out of these missions.

The main reason for the grind is the prices they set for the items so that people would be forced to play for an extended period of time. They should instead reduce the prices on event stuff, but just put in evergreen rewards for prize currency like how the forma farm goes for the plague boil on Cetus.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Cyloss said:

The Gun has the worst feel of any gun in the game.

It has the worst feel of any gun in any game.  I've never encountered a worse feeling gun.  I get that it's supposed to be a water gun, but seriously, there's no feedback.  It's impossible to tell if you'll hit or not.  The pressure mechanic is unreadable.  The shots are apparently projectiles but give no indication what sort of leading you should be doing.

I am thankful for the assist changes.  I am thankful we have grenades, even though they're clunky.  Most of all, I'm thankful the rewards are largely skippable, because any time spent with the soaktron is too much.

• Like 11

1 hour ago, FiveN9ne said:

No, don't bring back old events. Just activate this recycled garbage that everyone hates. We don't need anything fun or exciting in this game.

I’d hate to be this miserable to care so much about side activities while the main game gets more and more frequent updates, love & care. Ya’ll never gonna be happy acting like this lmao

• Like 7

1 hour ago, FiveN9ne said:

No, don't bring back old events. Just activate this recycled garbage that everyone hates. We don't need anything fun or exciting in this game.

RIP to you, but I love seeing Dog Days. It makes me wonder how Tyl Regor would think of it. He'd probably love it since his tube men get to go out and play.

• Like 6

Hooray!~  I unironically LOVE Dog Days but I see a lot of people commenting on this post and I have to agree 100%.  Please give us a permanent pool floatie ephemera!  I have an entire loadout for Excal Prime dedicated to Dog Days and I always use it every event but it always feels lacking and leaves a hole in my heart when I don't have the ephemera to go with it.  🫠  I will throw plat at it 100% just give us the option to do so, I promise you shouldn't/won't be disappointed!

• Like 4

I see there's a new Domestik Drone, but the Beachcomber one from last year is nowhere to be seen as far as I can tell. Is there some way to put this in Nakak's Shop or the Market or something? I'm pretty sad I missed it last year and was hoping I would get another chance this year.

Edited by Frostyinferno
  • Like 3

14 hours ago, [DE]Taylor said:

To balance out the increased number of Pearls from Kills and Assists, Mission 4’s rewards have been reduced from 50 to 30 Nakak Pearls.

Not including assist, that means you have to get 20 kills (70:70) just to break even with last year's pearl acquisition rate. A pretty bad change if you ask me.

Not to mention I loathe this event. IDK why y'all are so adamant on making "combat" that feel nothing like Warframe, just like the 2+ years we had to suffer with Kahl. You already have so many fun and underutilized systems that feel and progress just like the Warframe we all know and love. Systems like Railjack, Archwing, Operator, Necramechs, etc... Yet I'm forced to use an unmodded watergun with some of the worst bullet trajectory in video game history for ~20 (5 minute long) arena missions (if you're try-harding)... just for the 11 new items this year and nothing else from the shop.

If you're adamant on keeping these kinds of events, at the very least make it very quick to acquire all the new items, or add an alterative route like what you did for the Belly of the Beast event

Edited by KitMeHarder
  • Like 6

The Soaktron Rifle Skin is a bit disappointing. I had to swap though 7 different rifles before I found one that would let me use the skin.

---

also, the rifle goes back to normal appearance when incarnon mode kicks in

Edited by Lotus-123
noticed another 'feature' of skin
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, KitMeHarder said:

Not to mention I loathe this event. IDK why y'all are so adamant on making "combat" that feel nothing like Warframe

because its a fun thing for the sake of fun.

Next year i would like them to make k-drive races on the ocean. Narrated by Bird from sanctum, because Bird is the word, obviously.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, CephalonCarnage said:

because its a fun thing for the sake of fun.

To each their own, but it's not fun. Stuff like Kahl, k-drives, dog days, etc... has never been fun for me, even regardless of the fact that they don't mesh with Warframe's progression systems or power fantasy at all (k-drives can, but they're just worse archwings).  

Fun events can exist, but don't make them completely devoid of all the progression I literally play this game for. Don't take my mods, don't make my frame choice pointless, don't remove the operator, etc... 

1 hour ago, CephalonCarnage said:

Next year i would like them to make k-drive races on the ocean.

Instead of k-drives, make it something like Railjack's in the ocean for "yacht racing". Let me keep my mods and add stuff that encourages me to manage my energy. I.E. Have the racing check points require that you kill the enemies guarding them in order to pass. Etc....

I'm fine with fun, but if you play the game for Warframe there's a good chance dog days is just boring.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Lotus-123 said:

The Soaktron Rifle Skin is a bit disappointing. I had to swap though 7 different rifles before I found one that would let me use the skin.

---

also, the rifle goes back to normal appearance when incarnon mode kicks in

I wanted to use it on the Ignis! 😭

• Like 4