Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How long until we're allowed to trade / sell archon shards?

1 minute ago, Maxwell said:

Probably never. I don't see DE making it so easy to get shards especially after all the changes they did

?

They've been easy to acquire. At least for players deep enough into the game. We get ten opportunities to be awarded a shard every week. Two are guaranteed while the other eight are table rewards.

4 minutes ago, (PSN)Magician_NG said:

?

They've been easy to acquire. At least for players deep enough into the game. We get ten opportunities to be awarded a shard every week. Two are guaranteed while the other eight are table rewards.

There's a difference between having 50 tau shards and 500 which will happen if you make them tradable, would just kill the EDA they spent time to build

i would love it tbf, not having to spend time in EDA with those S#&$ty boring modifiers

Edited by Maxwell

Something feels off if you have that many spare Crimson. The most useful color.

Esp if you're willing to trade for Vosfer which is just about useless for long term players.

I'm only missing sets from Citrine and Lua but they're in a bottomless list they probably shouldn't be in.

21 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

Something feels off if you have that many spare Crimson. The most useful color.

Debatable, crimson being the most useful shard.

I find yellow and blue more useful. Both are required to make green shards, providing the ability to strip armor without abilities. Yellow shards for casting speed; mandatory for a handful of frames, super-cozy on others. And blue shards provide more armor than Umbral Steel on more than a few frames.

Red shards are great for blowing out power strength on abilities like Desolate Hands and Mesmer Skin or to min-maxing frames that need a mix of duration and power strength like Nova. Sure they're also need to make purple shards for Slamkong, but I don't like to use my melee weapon that often.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, (PSN)Magician_NG said:

Debatable, crimson being the most useful shard.

I find yellow and blue more useful. Both are required to make green shards, providing the ability to strip armor without abilities. Yellow shards for casting speed; mandatory for a handful of frames, super-cozy on others. And blue shards provide more armor than Umbral Steel on more than a few frames.

Red shards are great for blowing out power strength on abilities like Desolate Hands and Mesmer Skin or to min-maxing frames that need a mix of duration and power strength like Nova. Sure they're also need to make purple shards for Slamkong, but I don't like to use my melee weapon that often.

I use a cast speed shard on most frames just because it feels good. Some need it. Crimson isn't exactly about maxing power strength though. It's also about maxing Power Range. It allows you to compensate for using Overextended + Stretch. Power Range being the thing DE has denied us and for good reason. So it's an easy work around.

It won't, and in a way shouldn't happen. How you have the most needed shard collecting dust, is beyond probably all of us. I just used all my 5 remaining reds for Qorvex. I have 15 blue and 25 yellow, and i use shards on every prime basically. I'm guessing u almost never use shards...?

6 hours ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

And I called it. All that complaining you guys did when shards were released......and now we have too much all of a sudden lol.

I remember you saying that, and I remember calling you crazy
I'm sorry for doubting you, prophet

If they do, and I am nor personally sure how realistic such an if would be, I imagine it would be when a new and different system has been established. Getting people to log in weekly or more often in order to get an item, they need to get by engaging in certain content (Archon Hunts, Netracells, EDA), can tend to have other benefits. The more a person plays, the more they might say customise a build, the more they realise they start to like a certain weapon or Warframe, the more they might be willing to get a skin... If people can only just log in for 5 mins, trade for some item they want, feel satisfied, and can log out, for some, after a while, the need to have that item lessens. 

Its also why new content tends to be important. You have to introduce new types of grind and farm. Even if some certain older activities, seem like they are activities some players have moved on from, like say Eidolon Arcanes, now many of those same players will be in for new content to get Shards. You introduce new different types, like say Tennokai? Those are Mods so you can trade them... but you may need to use Forma, for the capacity, so... Shards/Tau are probably a deliberate effort for a type of grind/farm that is different from Arcanes, Mods, and things you can trade, or and farm or even buy with Plat (Reactors, Catalysts, Forma), so a bit like an Umbra Forma (and Incarnons to an extent) in that sense, except a lot of people aren't necessarily so attracted to Umbra Forma... 

So at the moment, I imagine, the retention and engagement DE gets from people playing the content to get Shards/Tau, including modifying and creating long term behaviours around the game, is probably more valuable to them, than the ability for people to trade Shards. Thats just my speculation and guessing though. For all I know, Shards might be tradeable next week... My main point though, is that if.. they do go in that direction, they will probably have some new sort of item or system that encourages people to play a new type of "tougher than normal" content, and it will probably be a weekly limited kind of deal. So like a replacement system of sorts, just as a method/approach to encourage that sort of behaviour from players. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Muevelosbbh said:

How you have the most needed shard collecting dust, is beyond probably all of us.

I'm sitting on 90 reds. :P

It's pretty easy to imagine reasons.  For me it's:

•  I've been playing since shards were introduced.  (Although I never did Kahl missions, so I don't have near the maximum.)
  •  The one I use the most by a long shot is yellow.   Cast speed and parkour.  I think blue and red are about tied.
  •  I don't use fused shards, so I'm not melting down reds there.
  •  I view shards as a fun luxury, and I only bother putting reds (or blues) on frames I use a lot or when I want to test something. 

I'm sure there are people with a lot more.  Especially people who've scooped up every shard, had some luck getting them from Labs, and use fewer frames than I do.

3 minutes ago, (PSN)Unstar said:

Easy solution:

1. Grind PvP.
  2. Use PvP currency to buy Volt.
  3. Put 5 Tau-forged Shards on Volt.
  4. Sell Volt for credits.
  5. Repeat for more profit.

I love this approach.  Gets rid of excess shards, brings relevance to conclave, and introduces more credits into the economy.   Win Win Win.