Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Face Behind The Name! V2

Luminati07

22 minutes ago, Deshiel said:

We do but when it comes to medieval stuff they only play as concubines, dancers, maidens or some royalty girls, princesses, queens etc. Thats because the armor we wear is super heavy and difficult to put on so theres always some extra who will help you to put it on and tie everything up, strap the belts. 

Many local historical fencing groups do train women as swordmen for reneisance shows. So girls can learn swordplay and then build a battle choreography based on the style they have learned. My own group has qualified trainers in spanish school and my father whos also a trainer used to be one of the best. When you fought him raw (no practiced choreo) you could never outperform him and he always knew how to put you down super quick. My dad did both historical and sport fencing to stay sharp and agile ;)

Thank you very much, Sir Knight! That's very enlightening. Your armor looks so much better than Medieval Times dinner and tournament in Buena Park, California. I bet you're equally as good as your dad or better. Have a nice day!

37 minutes ago, Deshiel said:

We do but when it comes to medieval stuff they only play as concubines, dancers, maidens or some royalty girls, princesses, queens etc. Thats because the armor we wear is super heavy and difficult to put on so theres always some extra who will help you to put it on and tie everything up, strap the belts. 

Many local historical fencing groups do train women as swordmen for reneisance shows. So girls can learn swordplay and then build a battle choreography based on the style they have learned. My own group has qualified trainers in spanish school and my father whos also a trainer used to be one of the best. When you fought him raw (no practiced choreo) you could never outperform him and he always knew how to put you down super quick. My dad did both historical and sport fencing to stay sharp and agile ;)

Which group are you in, S.C.A, Age of Adria, Empire of Chivalry and Steel?

1 hour ago, Noamuth said:

Which group are you in, S.C.A, Age of Adria, Empire of Chivalry and Steel?

What are those groups you just listed? I tried to google S.C.A and it led me to some global Hygiene company so I don't like where this is going. DX

We are SHŠ Briganti or HFG Briganti in english. Residing and performing in the Northern area of Czech Republic but sometimes we get invited to Germany, Poland and other countries. We are hired by cities to perform on events or fairs or big battles that need more than just one fencing group so we often get to beat the hell out of our competing groups. :D I know of some groups which do this completely as a full fledged company that has this employee- employer relationship. But we work more like a foundation and everything we earn goes to the group funds to help maintain armor, gas for transports and new stuff. We have a name for our type of busines but I don't know how to translate it in english. I just mention it to avoid confusion with "fan groups" which are usualy bunch of peeps whit makeshift gear. We are bsns and thats why we can beat the hell out of each other with real steel. :D

1 hour ago, Deshiel said:

What are those groups you just listed? I tried to google S.C.A and it led me to some global Hygiene company so I don't like where this is going. DX

We are SHŠ Briganti or HFG Briganti in english. Residing and performing in the Northern area of Czech Republic but sometimes we get invited to Germany, Poland and other countries. We are hired by cities to perform on events or fairs or big battles that need more than just one fencing group so we often get to beat the hell out of our competing groups. :D I know of some groups which do this completely as a full fledged company that has this employee- employer relationship. But we work more like a foundation and everything we earn goes to the group funds to help maintain armor, gas for transports and new stuff. We have a name for our type of busines but I don't know how to translate it in english. I just mention it to avoid confusion with "fan groups" which are usualy bunch of peeps whit makeshift gear. We are bsns and thats why we can beat the hell out of each other with real steel. :D

http://www.sca.org

1 hour ago, (PS4)makrisbrik said:

Noa, do you belong to a pirate re-enactment group? If I remember correctly in one of those ninja versus pirate threads.

Yes, yes I do.  But I grew up in the SCA.

Spoiler

juknYz3.png?1

Edited by Noamuth

To be honest. I don't know if we have something like your SCA. Might be somewhere in EU but never heard of anything like that in Czech Republic. Each country keeps to its own mostly due to pretty much every  bordering country having its own language here ^^

Apparently I am now a Feather Head, according to my housemates...not that I'm complaining—a good friend has art of this adorable species they call Feather Heads so I feel cute and proud that someone (unintentionally) called me one of them!

sHR140D.jpg

Spoiler

Oh, and this is what happens when I cut my hair short except for the fringe...
omgcAfK.jpg

8 minutes ago, Snyphurr said:
  Hide contents

oncaK2F.jpg

This is the pup I told you about, @Noamuth.

And apologies for the horrible image quality, I used the only and oldest camera I have that still works.

He (she? The puppy...) looks adorable! But I suspect this was just an excuse to post a picture with your shirt off.   :)

8 minutes ago, Lord_Azrael said:

He (she? The puppy...) looks adorable! But I suspect this was just an excuse to post a picture with your shirt off.   :)

He's called Bambam.

And not really, I have been shirtless all day, in truth.

4 hours ago, Imaru said:

Been a while since I put up a pic of myself. I should probably shave...

Hide contents

iZhgiDW.jpg

Heyyyy haven't seen you around these days :D And it just kinda occurred to me you look a bit like a certain celebrity, in this picture at least...

RK4W25J.jpg

How's that back injury of yours looking? :3

Okay, now don't freak out, this one is pretty sinister and edited by a professional photographer friend of mine.

Since I'm so very shy, you get half of my face. Just not trusting the internet right now. The "tattoo" is obviously painted on.

GVGiong.png

8 minutes ago, Proxykon said:

Okay, now don't freak out, this one is pretty sinister and edited by a professional photographer friend of mine.

Since I'm so very shy, you get half of my face. Just not trusting the internet right now. The "tattoo" is obviously painted on.

Hide contents

GVGiong.png

10/10 extra fabulous nose