Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Face Behind The Name! V2

Luminati07

17 minutes ago, JSharpie said:

Freshman year I did it for breast cancer awareness in october and I did it every year since then. I haven't the past two years because I have a job that doesn't allow it.

Oh, wow, I honestly did not expect to have to respect you for your pink hair.  :)

That's some serious dedication! Good on ya, man!

Edited by Azrael

Just now, Azrael said:

Oh, wow, I honestly did not expect to have to respect you for your pink hair.  :)

That's some serious dedication!

Nah, don't respect me, all I did was dye my hair.

Instead, respect those who have battled and won, and donate when you can. (Be sure to check to make sure it's a reputable charity.)

58 minutes ago, Imaru said:

So can we no longer post pictures of ourselves under the new forum rules?

I'm not sure if DE has fully thought this through. Because it also means no more cosplay threads, art that is also on your personal blog can theoretically be considered "anything else that may identify you or a user to the community in some way" as well, ... the possibilities are endless if you're willing to dig deep enough into someone else's life. For someone who does this professionally (e.g. to chase down debtors) every tiny bit can be enough to find out who you are.

2 minutes ago, Letter13 said:

Posting pictures of yourself is fine. It's posting pictures of other people without their permission that isn't fine (i.e. posting someone else's picture who they do not want posted).

Understood. It was a bit unclear given the wording in the rules.

31 minutes ago, Letter13 said:

Posting pictures of yourself is fine. It's posting pictures of other people without their permission that isn't fine (i.e. posting someone else's picture who they do not want posted).

28 minutes ago, Imaru said:

Understood. It was a bit unclear given the wording in the rules.

It is extremely unclear. It literally says "nothing that can identify you" so if pictures/names are okay then we could use some clarification. 

41 minutes ago, Letter13 said:

Thanks for the info. You should probably clear that up in the new rules, since it says personal pictures of yourself. 

PRIVACY – Do not publicly post any form of real life information of yourself or another user on the forums. Real life information includes, name, phone number, address, email address, private/email message content, personal pictures, IP address and anything else that may identify you or a user to the community in some way.

24 minutes ago, Letter13 said:

You should avoid posting your real name on the forums.

Okay, but you're certain that pictures are fine? Because the rules say "personal pictures." And there's nothing in there about applying only to pictures with other people in them. 

1 hour ago, Azrael said:

Okay, but you're certain that pictures are fine? Because the rules say "personal pictures." And there's nothing in there about applying only to pictures with other people in them. 

Posting a picture of yourself, in this thread (as it pertains to the topic), is fine as long as it's just a picture of you.

Outside of this thread, there should be no reason for you to post pictures of yourself (unless it's a picture of yourself at, say, TennoCon, and you're posting it in an official TennoCon thread, as an example). However, if you post a picture of yourself in this thread (or elsewhere) that allows people to somehow track you down, identify your address, real name, or other personal information, that post will be removed.

Also, you should not be posting pictures of other people without their permission.

tl;dr: Treat this thread as it's always been treated. Were it not alright, this thread would have already been locked down or removed.

7 hours ago, Letter13 said:

Outside of this thread, there should be no reason for you to post pictures of yourself (unless it's a picture of yourself at, say, TennoCon, and you're posting it in an official TennoCon thread, as an example).

So that is a definite "no" to cosplay threads? Kay ...

Seriously, that rule as it is worded right now is a bloody mess.

Edited by Bibliothekar

4 hours ago, Bibliothekar said:

So that is a definite "no" to cosplay threads? Kay ...

If it's a thread to show off a Warframe costume, it's fine. That falls under fan art.

4 hours ago, Bibliothekar said:

Seriously, that rule as it is worded right now is a bloody mess.

I'll raise the concerns you and others have said.