February 7Th: Community Hot Topics!

[DE]Megan

Even with Saryn /sigh

If I could tell you guys one simple sentence about my thoughts of this update : I honestly regret becoming a founder. 

If I knew this was coming to the frames I love and use then I wouldn't have been bothered to become a founder, nor waste plat on them. Yes, everyone, I will say it here. I bought Frost and Saryn for platinum. For one simple reason, their abilities and uses. I love supporting people. I love defending objectives. I loved Frost for this. That was his whole ideal for me. I appreciate the buffs on his other skills (they shouldn't have been that weak to start with) but you took away what made him Frost. The guy you can rely on in Defence while others go out and fight the mobs. If I want any other aim for a mission, I have other Warframe's.

I don't even want the damage for Saryn, give me back her normal cost. 

Well, since U12 i saw no frost at all, not in defences nor in other missions. Nice, DE! Now lets remove blessing infinite range, thats would be so fun.

edit: and now im really scare of new prime weapon\warframe parts will be in T3def... with this all the way broken rng and without frost.

Edited by Sormaran

It would be more fun if the new prime frames\gears would be in mobile defense.With more and more players having the bug recently where the game crashes during this type of void missions.I am unable to get Ember prime system because my game crashes on every void mobile defense missions.

So.... the thing about continuous fire weapons is false. Nobody gives a rats &#! about "how it looks". The fact that your change made it more efficient to tap fire than to continuous fire is what needs to be addressed. That's right - your continuous fire weapon is better tap fired.

There is a standing suggestion on the wiki to set your mouse to tap fire when held with a 1 ms delay, this essentially makes continuous fire weapons work properly.

^^^ This is the issue, not how damage is displayed.

Well, since U12 i saw no frost at all, not in defences nor in other missions. Nice, DE! Now lets remove blessing infinite range, thats would be so fun.

edit: and now im really scare of new prime weapon\warframe parts will be in T3def... with this all the way broken rng and without frost.

remove blessing and stalkers will come for you and DEs

and don't forget a thousand rhinos + somas

Well, since U12 i saw no frost at all, not in defences nor in other missions. 

Then you haven't played a mission with me. :-)

I've been doing a lot of missions as frost to test him out.

Its hard to give good feedback if we don't play right?

So far my opinion is simple-most of frosts moves are better than ever but snowglobe needs more HP.

You guys... Either make a point at not looking at the math problem or you actively want to say "I don't want you to fight enemies above lvl30 so i'll make your life as hard as humanly possible to do so."... And you know what? If the last one is the option which you have chosen, then bring it on, i'm game! (If it's the math problem i'm going to let someone better then me explain to Scott how awful is the idea of imbuing any sort of HP into something that takes millions of damage.)

Other then that, aside from the whole idea of "Buff Train" that i have no idea where you took it from (Buffing some weapons that were virtually unusable into some sort of possible state? Not really a buff train. More like catching up to Power Creep.) this is a pretty nails on the head hot topics. Plus, when i saw Steve mention the Stations and the death of this awful Starmap we have right now i got all giddy and i again have hope for some sort of awesome Warframe future. Now if only you start looking into Mod 2.0 like it's the horrible thing it actually is... But that one is kind of an under-rated problem with this game, people have learned to live with Mod 2.0 and therefore have stopped complained about this awful min-maxing mess. (Although that's not a good point in it's favor. You can learn to live without any of your limbs, but that's not really an ideal scenario, is it?)

P.S.: In an ideal game, you want people to see LESS numbers, not MORE of them. Immersion is not given by seeing a lot of numbers flying around, that just reminds you that you're in a video-game and does not put you in the mind-set of being a Tenno in any way. It's kind of like "Show don't tell" of videogames, LESS numbers and more effects.

No, don't you dare take away my numbers.

In an ideal GAME you want to see plenty of numbers and other videogame-y things. If you're trying to make one of those moviegames, then sure, use 'immersion' as an excuse. But I play Warframe because it feels like a game, and it embraces many old school gaming ideals that are being slowly lost with the more consumer and casual-focused market of today.

I see Darvo announcing more about "Project Tethra" - Not to toot my own horn or drown out the bellow of others, but this is so needed now, and for all time. Especially before DE begins another event.. Please +1 it or add any suggestions to get this in game.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/174253-clan-communicationinformation-sharing-buff-needed/#entry2067543

The original said "Update 12 brought the “Buff Train” and too many players discontent;" which means the U12 brought the buff train and it has brought discontent for too many players so I think it was actually fine. I mean as far as I know (do correct me if I'm mistaken) but "I've brought you a souvenir" is a grammatically correct, right? Then, there is no need for "to". No, not trolling, I'm actually interested in such things.

Eh, no. You have to look at the end of that sentence too:

and to many players discontent; the ‘End of Frost'

If it would have been about the "Buff Train", not even Mrs. Misspelling Megan would've written it like that. While English may not be my native language, I know it well enough to know I'm right about this misspelling.

To help you out here, you need to read that sentence as if the verb refers to two things:

Update 12 brought

1) the “Buff Train”

2) and to many players discontent; the ‘End of Frost'

I hope that makes it easier to understand :)

Semantics aside, taking Frost's armor rating and stuffing it onto the snowglobe is absolutely hysterical. Really? THAT'S the best thing you came up with after the 55 page thread with some really, REALLY decent discussions about what should be done? The key issue with Frost's current standing really comes down to is that he had an ability that scaled with difficulty and now it's been capped to a hilariously low level. In addition, it depends on two opposing traits which basically handicap use even in low and mid levels. In judging his abilities too fast and calling them "boring", now his role is to basically do what he did before, only laughably less efficiently.  As for his "buffs", there's tons of frames, guns and even ENEMIES that can do what he can do now, but more effectively.

Even though Birdframe's 3 is basically a marginally less effective version of Frost's old one, just release the next Warframe with his recycled powers already. We all know how this works by now.

Edited by WharOne

why isn't matchmaking, strict nat and hosting problems part of the hot topics?

at almost any time of the day i can look in the recent postings section of the forums and see someone screaming about this.

this isn't a small problem that affects a weapon, warframe or game mode. 

this effects EVERYTHING.

i know for a FACT that you're loosing players due to these issues that can and should be resolved but i've been here for months and have seen very little beyond the u11 matchmaking update that did very little to choose good hosts. (as it still doesn't take maximum bandwidth into account)

Edited by xethier

Eh, no. You have to look at the end of that sentence too:

and to many players discontent; the ‘End of Frost'

If it would have been about the "Buff Train", not even Mrs. Misspelling Megan would've written it like that. While English may not be my native language, I know it well enough to know I'm right about this misspelling.

To help you out here, you need to read that sentence as if the verb refers to two things:

Update 12 brought

1) the “Buff Train”

2) and to many players discontent; the ‘End of Frost'

I hope that makes it easier to understand :)

I admit I'm not proficient with the usage of ;

Actually i felt that if I want to write it the way you explained the ; should be : and the players need ' as for Their discontent.

Update 12 brought the “Buff Train” and to many players '   discontent :   the ‘End of Frost’. Thus meaning U12 brought the buff train and the end of frost to many player's discontent or whatnot.

Isn't there a native english teacher around when we need one?!

I admit I'm not proficient with the usage of ;

Actually i felt that if I want to write it the way you explained the ; should be : and the players need ' as for Their discontent.

Update 12 brought the “Buff Train” and to many players '   discontent :   the ‘End of Frost’. Thus meaning U12 brought the buff train and the end of frost to many player's discontent or whatnot.

Isn't there a native english teacher around when we need one?!

Actually you are correct it should be with the '

So, the correct sentence would be:

Update 12 brought the “Buff Train” and to many players' discontent; the ‘End of Frost’

Aaaanyway... >_>

I'm loving how the Community Hot Topics are getting more and more detailed with each iteration. Wonderful job here, Megan!

TBF, more than a few of the community "hot topics" aren't on there, or are on there for the wrong reasons (i.e. continuous weapons: it's not about the number fountain, it's that they don't work apparently)

I love my frost forma 7 times here some ideas to make him a true tank support character 1. Replace icewave with ice armor gives u and allies reduced in coming damage blank percent 2. Replace avalanche with a crowd slowing factor 3. Replace first power with snow rounds give you and allies increased damage give him support tank feel just ideas                                              ps  they should have a idea room so they know what  warframes to fixs and how. really would help gamers out 

Edited by (PS4)WinterIceM107

New hud is great! 

Interception Game play

Idea is good but gameplay is boring, you not play with team there you playing alone , each player sitting on own spot, if you go help you losing own spot, waves ar very slow and map is too big , boring to run around to help/revive/loot and ther appear stutters/freezes after periods whole time you playing there.

Continuous Weapons

I wana see real damage numbers not a bunch of nummbers popping out so fast(cant see anything in a rush, or make it log), i dont have a clue how much damage im dealing with each weapon, i only can count how fat they faling, damage showed is very bad, some different numbers sometimes 30j sometikes 100, after death again some numbers, very bad i better turn these numbers off, no use anyway!

Clan Tech Weapons

Clan tech not unique , if you can buy in shop better weapons with low rank and super cheap, high rank stuff underpowered and low rank cheap stuff overpowered, maybe its like, take high rank crap and game becomes chalanging.

Warframe Balancing

I like new frost , its great, im playing frost more then other warframes now, i just want to see changes for ember( accelerant animation not showing which mobs affected and it looks bad, awkward skill) , saryn looks like clone of different warframes, like loki , his ultimate skill is like everyones aoe skill + dot wich is useless, moult aggro is so low and moult hp is so low, other her skills are useless, i not saw saryn ingame like half year.