Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Alternate Genders For Warframes Megathread

aldlv13

Aw, geeze, here we go again.  DE has stated that gender swapping will not happen because each frame is a separate character.  It's not like Noble 6 in Reach.  So everyone just stop asking.

OP, why not delete this thread before it spirals into another sexism debate.  I've had enough of those for awhile.  But just for the record, I'm on Brimir's side.

@Brimir

When I play role playing games, I roleplay the character, I become the character. Female classes feel uncomfortable in that case. è_é

You spend like 80-90% of your time staring at the backside of your Warframe.

Personally, I'd rather look at a female butt than a male butt.

Aw, geeze, here we go again.  DE has stated that gender swapping will not happen because each frame is a separate character.  It's not like Noble 6 in Reach.  So everyone just stop asking.

OP, why not delete this thread before it spirals into another sexism debate.  I've had enough of those for awhile.  But just for the record, I'm on Brimir's side.

thanks for being an &#! about it and personally i want a alt gender skin for the frames because i hate playing male frames but some of them have really fun kits

thanks for being an &#! about it and personally i want a alt gender skin for the frames because i hate playing male frames but some of them have really fun kits

Sorry.  I didn't mean to be a jerk.  I really didn't.  Sorry.  I did what I always tell myself not to do; I posted quickly without taking a minute to proofread and see how it sounds.  Sexist attitudes make me really angry, so I sort of acted rashly because I hate seeing the sexism popping up on the forums.  Sorry, again.

Edited by Justin_Case001

It's not so much about Justin_Case001 trying to be a jerk, But more so..

Mate, This issue has been hashed, Re-hashed, And hashed some more. I recommend using the search feature next time.

And almost all of those times, Threads got locked because they became just flamewars.

Last but not least DE said they wouldn't be adding this. Ever.

What they did say though, Is the possibilities of Different frames, With different abilities, With the same Theme as current Frames.

(E.G. A male Fire Themed Frame, But it would have a Different name than Ember, Different design, And different abilities.)

Edited by SJunior

In response to a thread where users were alternating animation sets between characters, Geoff stated that they might embrace the functionality and perhaps add it as a feature to be purchased for character customization. I know it's not actually a blatant gender swap, but this is about the best you're going to get. Hope it suffices. XD

uDadikw.png

Edited by DJ_Redwire

• 2 weeks later...

This seems to be the kind of project that should be done once all planned frames are released... but will it happen at some point?

This is of course entirely subjective stuff but i'd like to say firstly that Ash's female concept art (seen later in the thread) is incredible and although I like ash's model i'd prefer the female form. At the same time I think a Male Trinity would look better than the Female we have now. A male mag or female vaubun spark my interest too.  Though I don't think a female oberon or necros to be a safe thing to have on my screen.

Excalibur and nyx could be an issue, seeing as how the default skins are very similar. Perhaps nyx needs a reskin or maybe some additional pieces of armour. Her Immortal skin is very good and perhaps her default skin could use a similar theme.  Besides that I think that this could be a great project for the modeling team for when they get bored. In my opinion these changes should only be cosmetic and Alt powers or stats shouldn't be affected. 

Edited by Innocent_Flower