The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So This New Destiny Game Looks Interesting... The End Of Warframe?

Cpt_Atroxium

P2P vs. F2P... where do you get your "ending" from... because I definitely ain't shelling out cash once a month.

I can pay for the game, once a month, and for expansion... or...

Play warframe for free... hmm...

So hard to think about... Let me consult my money.

Edited by Arlayn

Still not about the game(destiny), but about the future of Warframe and what DE can do to make the game even more appealing for new ones and old ones. And what can be done to prevent the "end of Warframe" Just a reminder of topic. I think we all can understand the concept here.

THIS IS NOT THE END, OF WARFRAME.

THIS IS THE CREATION OF A BEGINNING OF A NEW AREA. 

But keep the disgussion going, upon the matter

I might be hated for this thread indeed, but I hope I woke up some of the great minds out there. Because if you didnt feel anything within the post, you would skip it and let it go. Something made you comment, either my stupidity or that you felt something.

Something is better than nothing. 

@Cpt_Atroxium

The biggest "issue" here, it seems, is basic a concern on a hype, a part of the gaming industry that I hope is going to have a fast and very painful death -- and then projecting them in a topic that has no base to exist. "Hey guys, there is this game coming out that we barely know anything about, which it isn't even out yet, nor has it been reviewed or disected in any serious fashion! Warframe is doomed" -- thats how the OP comes off, if we put it in a very simple manner.

I'll never understand how people can be hyped about a game that is not out yet, hasn't been reviewd, has barely shown any of its internal systems and works, nor we are aware of its technical prowes, and thats me overlooking how you totally skipped and/or ignored the technicalities and the differences involved in AAA and indi development, plus the self publishing vs the money-dripping behemoth thats Acti-Blizz.

Just a pro-tip for future topics -- argument and express your thoughts better and base them on valid and tangible concerns instead of arbitrary ones.

P.S. What made me comment, however, is that you come off as incredibly misguided, from where I'm standing.

Edited by XAN3MK

Not to mention one is an fps, the other is a 3rd person action game and a few other key differences. There is plenty of room for both games to coexist. Honestly, at this point, the biggest danger to Warframe is itself. I question just how long they can keep releasing new frames and simply revising modes before it gets old.

I'm feeling that it's already old..... I cant remember the last time I did a sabotage/capture/deception/spy mission for just the hell of it...... 70% of the mission types feels old and unrewarding to me.............*sighs*

Edit: fixing some typos

Edited by Kao-Snake

Until destiny includes parkour, running really really fast which it has neither btw, I dare say Titanfall has more in common to Warframe than that Halo styled game.

At least Titan fall has people with flying jetpacks, wall running, invisibility and speed running. And of course mecha.

But again it is a 3A title but it did NOT kill warframe,

Edited by fatpig84

Until it comes out on PC, doubt it's going to take away too many PC players.

The PC console wall is a significant factor. So far the console represents a little more that 1/7 the PC users, of Warframe, in millions of users. Or, at least downloads/accounts. I wouldn't at all be surprised if Destiny outpaces Warframe on the Console, but it will be at least a year before it comes to PC, if ever. Bungie hasn't committed to a port yet, just hasn't said never.

No S#&$...

lol any game that comes out and looks good will get players to leave a game.

Not just warframe...

Also.. Why are you comparing a AAA game to warframe?

Anddd when COD ghosts came out, it barely did anything to warframe...

And thats COD. The S#&$ty series with 5 million times more fanboys that warframe... Yah that one.

Activision is spending more on Bungie's Destiny than any other game in history. http://kotaku.com/destiny-might-be-the-most-expensive-game-ever-made-1572352284

However, Warframe is an Independent game, with some definite differences. I think that Warframe and Destiny, despite the similarities will scratch different itches in people.  

Bungie has stated the contrary quite a few times. Destiny will have "constant content updates." It's an MMO, or at the very least MMO-flavored, a pseudo-MMO or whatever you prefer, even though they continue to refrain from using that term and made something up.

I mean, they intend for the game to last many years, after all. Their contract is, what, a decade long?

I agree that Bungie is looking to make this game last. How it will do this is another issue. Will they release regular free updates and monetize micro transactions? Or, will they release expansion for a set amount of money? Or, will they make annual, by annual major game releases to overhaul the game? Remains to be seen, but Bungie and Activision are banking hard on this IP.

@Cpt_Atroxium

The biggest "issue" here, it seems, is basic a concern on a hype, a part of the gaming industry that I hope is going to have a fast and very painful death -- and then projecting them in a topic that has no base to exist. "Hey guys, there is this game coming out that we barely know anything about, which it isn't even out yet, nor has it been reviewed or disected in any serious fashion! Warframe is doomed" -- thats how the OP comes off, if we put it in a very simple manner.

I'll never understand how people can be hyped about a game that is not out yet, hasn't been reviewd, has barely shown any of its internal systems and works, nor we are aware of its technical prowes, and thats me overlooking how you totally skipped and/or ignored the technicalities and the differences involved in AAA and indi development, plus the self publishing vs the money-dripping behemoth thats Acti-Blizz.

Just a pro-tip for future topics -- argument and express your thoughts better and base them on valid and tangible concerns instead of arbitrary ones.

P.S. What made me comment, however, is that you come off as incredibly misguided, from where I'm standing.

Im being quite misunderstood indeed. And it seems you can see that, you can see im struggeling within how to explain myself. Im greatful for that. But this is not a concern of hype or whatever you saw out of this. But I must say, you have wide open eyes upon viewing things. Consider this, not everything is what it seems. Remember that. Other that that, indeed this has been yet another slided thread by me. It sidetracked, got missunderstood and now being hated upon. 

The feeling I got connecting these concerns are yet to be explained. My unconsciousness is not so easy to explain. Atleast writing down what I see, is quite hard when a new connection and idea disorients my preception of thought. Im not even sure what half of the words im using is right. I dont even know what. 

How do you even compare Warframe to the game which publisher intends to invest 500 000 000 $ in just marketing?

It seems no lessons were learned with SWTOR. It is time for a turn 2. I would have given them the benefit of the doubt if Destiny had something special  going for it, but as of the moment it is just a dull Halo x Borderlands crossover.

Why would a similar game spell the end of Warframe?

People will probably just play both. Hell I'll probably play both.

I'll probably whine on both forums too. I'm rather good at that part.

Cheers, will probably do the same. Just not the third.

Im glad you see the similarities within the two. And here is not the concern at all, it might have come off as that within the post I created.

But it's about the huge variety that will soon wash out warframe because they have something better. They have something else that will appeal over warframe. It's that concern im having. As I stated, I might just be overthinking the whole plot. But the awesome of warframe others want a part of, either its a player, or a maker. Looking over what I wrote, I could have made it shorter, I could have made it more direct. I like to riddle on with nonsense. Overthinking the slightest and that creates a concern with me. It might not be a connection worth the answer I get. But I wanted views, I wanted feelings. It seems I got what I wanted. 

As a guy with LLI, explaining my connections is not my strong suit. It might just be me overthinking the subject that I created with connections that is not even a concern at all. But again, the heat does create one hell of a disgussion. Im glad most share the same interest. Warframe

It seems no lessons were learned with SWTOR. It is time for a turn 2. I would have given them the benefit of the doubt if Destiny had something special  going for it, but as of the moment it is just a dull Halo x Borderlands crossover.

Also, that sum of money for game marketing is quite horrible. But in the end, games will become like any other kind of entertainment. Everything will be about ratings and profit.

Cheers, will probably do the same. Just not the third.

Im glad you see the similarities within the two. And here is not the concern at all, it might have come off as that within the post I created.

But it's about the huge variety that will soon wash out warframe because they have something better. They have something else that will appeal over warframe. It's that concern im having. As I stated, I might just be overthinking the whole plot. But the awesome of warframe others want a part of, either its a player, or a maker. Looking over what I wrote, I could have made it shorter, I could have made it more direct. I like to riddle on with nonsense. Overthinking the slightest and that creates a concern with me. It might not be a connection worth the answer I get. But I wanted views, I wanted feelings. It seems I got what I wanted. 

As a guy with LLI, explaining my connections is not my strong suit. It might just be me overthinking the subject that I created with connections that is not even a concern at all. But again, the heat does create one hell of a disgussion. Im glad most share the same interest. Warframe

I dunno that it is worth worrying about to much - the split in funds and such between games I mean.

Still gotta go out and buy Destiny. Still gotta bother with Console sub fees to really play it. Even if it gets a PC release I doubt it'll ever populate as heavily and for as long as the console versions of the game.

So yeah. Perhaps it'll outshine Warframe in a few places. Perhaps it will in most places. But Warframe isn't really threatened. As a free game nothing is forcing players to actually play Warframe. There is no responsibility. No call for loyalty. You can come back to Warframe whenever it pleases you and play until it pleases you no longer. Then you play other stuff a while.

Also, that sum of money for game marketing is quite horrible. But in the end, games will become like any other kind of entertainment. Everything will be about ratings and profit.

It seems everyone has forgotten the video game crash of 1983 and at this rate, the AAA industry is already risking another one. Truth be told though, it will probably be for the better.

I dunno that it is worth worrying about to much - the split in funds and such between games I mean.

Still gotta go out and buy Destiny. Still gotta bother with Console sub fees to really play it. Even if it gets a PC release I doubt it'll ever populate as heavily and for as long as the console versions of the game.

So yeah. Perhaps it'll outshine Warframe in a few places. Perhaps it will in most places. But Warframe isn't really threatened. As a free game nothing is forcing players to actually play Warframe. There is no responsibility. No call for loyalty. You can come back to Warframe whenever it pleases you and play until it pleases you no longer. Then you play other stuff a while.

Well said once again. This made me change my view upon things. It moved the bad concerns and rewamped them with new ones. From how others see it, my concers is no longer a concern. In the end, im glad I created this post. To clear some thoughts out. Not only for me, but the ones tuning in on "The End of Warframe" aswell.

Those last words made the majority tune in and fight for the truth. The truth has come to an end for me, but for warframe to evolve even more, thats a fight im willing to die for. 

With love, comes concern. I love... Warframe. Sometimes I should take a break, because the reality just kicked in, it's a game. I should be concerned about my future! Not the game! Well, I will try my best to keep track on both. LOL 

silly, but if that game gets me wowed i'd probably be gone here for a while , but im sure to be back

EDIT:

but i have to admit, THERES ALOT happening in destiny's map gameplay that warframe LACKS.

bigger mobs aswell ai looks smarter

there are ships to be destroyed

abilities there seems to have cool animation and effects aswell

in my opinion, warframe should evenmore improve the player experience in gameplay. one i suggested it about ragdolls and how enemy react to diffferent type of weapons, aswell as more variation of bigger mobs & revamped missions

Edited by Ritchel

silly, but if that game gets me wowed i'd probably be gone here for a while , but im sure to be back

EDIT:

but i have to admit, THERES ALOT happening in destiny's map gameplay that warframe LACKS.

bigger mobs aswell ai looks smarter

there are ships to be destroyed

abilities there seems to have cool animation and effects aswell

in my opinion, warframe should evenmore improve the player experience in gameplay. one i suggested it about ragdolls and how enemy react to diffferent type of weapons, aswell as more variation of bigger mobs & revamped missions

It seems you explain my concern a bit more vivid and pure that I did with a whole novel to read. These things are why I got concerned, I did not want to say that Warframe lacked in those partments but you sure did it for me. And these are my concerns within people moving to the "better" one because of those small things that people notice. I care about the future of warframe, and these are a few things to note on.