Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

6/9-6/15 Uberhype Megathread Megathread

PookieNumnums

I'm pretty excited to see what will be arriving on Wednesday.

Sadly (but is it though?) I will be away most of the day for a job interview. Hopefully the big news will be made known by the time I return.

Ah, I wish you luck and I too cannot wait to see what they've got planned for Wednesday.

At the rate these hype threads are appearing I feel like BecomeLikeWater is gonna lose his job.

I don't know about ruined, per say. I've actually kinda started looking forwards to his threads as they always seem to be silly and a bit fun. Not the most useful threads, sure, but I always get a chuckle from them.

Hype thread hype? Is that even a thing?

Yes, I have officially retired from hype threading. I'm glad to see SOMEONE got a little laugh out of them though but there is too many people becoming upset over the simple idea of me creating hype threads every week so yeah....I'm done. Plus there is too much competition in that field anyways.

Edited by BecomeLikeWater

I don't know about ruined, per say. I've actually kinda started looking forwards to his threads as they always seem to be silly and a bit fun. Not the most useful threads, sure, but I always get a chuckle from them.

Hype thread hype? Is that even a thing?

I thankfully haven't, has resulted in the opposite. I end up seeing them and rolling my eyes. I read the OP and it's always the same thing - trying too hard, trying to be funny and loads of capitals along with saying he's the 'engineer' of hype. First one? Right, second, third and whatever followed, trying to get there with the thread before everyone else? Yeah, that's too much and unnecessary.

Hype threads - when it was applicable - actually used to be fun, a lot more fun, however looking at your join date (u/k if you were on the forums before then) but it seems you might not know any better.

Edited by Naith

If they decide to drop the big update

we will probably see the "Golden Master race" 

and the possible revive of J3 golem

J3 Golem is coming. They showed us his model on the devstream last Friday.

Incase you missed it, here it is.

b9IgZmP.jpg

I vote for the name "Metathread", and that's what I'll at least be calling these in my head. I like this thread idea anyhow. This essentially gives a summary of the community's main interests (good for dev and forum viewers alike) in a way like the Community Hot Topics. My only concern is that megathreads wouldn't be too frequent, or become outdated from some reason. Don't let that stop the Metathread from existing, however - that's just something to consider.

Pertaining to hype threads: I like them, just when they aren't abused or unnecessary. For the past month or so it seems like a competition to see who can make The Hypethread first, and now they weren't even for Wednesday. My (second) vote is to leave them be a Wednesday thing, just as a speculation about what may be coming that day, what people hope for, and when the update releases.

*Edit* I'd recommend changing the name of the thread anyhow as having "hype" in the title might make people mentally blacklist this and not read it.

Edited by Garuda112

Well you can taste it in the air it’s that time of the week/month/patch cycle.

I feel this week will be something good and if last prime access transition is anything to go by it could be new prime day!

The video evidence pokes to Loki, and we all know for a lot of people this will be the big one; the master race finally receiving its deity.

I for one cannot keep in my excitement to see what DE has cooked up for us next!

So to get the hype started I thought I would give you all some proof that the Hype Train has left the station and is on its way:

http://youtu.be/EbMceUkMk7E

Well you can taste it in the air it’s that time of the week/month/patch cycle.

I feel this week will be something good and if last prime access transition is anything to go by it could be new prime day!

The video evidence pokes to Loki, and we all know for a lot of people this will be the big one; the master race finally receiving its deity.

I for one cannot keep in my excitement to see what DE has cooked up for us next!

So to get the hype started I thought I would give you all some proof that the Hype Train has left the station and is on its way:

http://youtu.be/EbMceUkMk7E

Hahaha, so many things are happening in this video I can barely contain my viewageness!