The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Official U13.8 Hype Megathread

Vanhline

And about "failed" Hypes, too high expectations and dissapointment:

I think this is where everyone is responsible for themselves - If you have too high expectations / hype too much and let the result dissapoint you, it's your own fault.- No one else is to blame.

And isn't it a wonderfull thing that the WF gamer community has such high expectations?

If our expectations were low, what would this say about the game?

I too like to hype every now and then... and if my expectations aren't fulfilled,- so what? Maybe next week? And if not next week, maybe in 2 weeks? More hype for then!

The hype is half the fun!(imo.)

People who have too high expectations, and BAAW if they aren't fulfilled will always be there -  (I think I did it too once.... Was being cynic though)

I really doubt that the hype threads will affect the amount of people who have too high expectation and end up dissapointed.

Get all of my +1s.

THE HYPE SHALL NEVER END !

And about "failed" Hypes, too high expectations and dissapointment:

I think this is where everyone is responsible for themselves - If you have too high expectations / hype too much and let the result dissapoint you, it's your own fault.- No one else is to blame.

And isn't it a wonderfull thing that the WF gamer community has such high expectations?

If our expectations were low, what would this say about the game?

I too like to hype every now and then... and if my expectations aren't fulfilled,- so what? Maybe next week? And if not next week, maybe in 2 weeks? More hype for then!

The hype is half the fun!(imo.)

People who have too high expectations, and BAAW if they aren't fulfilled will always be there -  (I think I did it too once.... Was being cynic though)

I really doubt that the hype threads will affect the amount of people who have too high expectation and end up dissapointed.

eh, I'd say expectations are much lower than they were around U13. The only people hyping now are those who hyped up for a huge event following the Alad V alert event, and were disappointed when no second event came; those who hyped up for U14 to drop the week Loki Prime was teased, and were disappointed; and those who hyped up for U14 last week when Loki prime dropped, and were disappointed again that it didn't come. So, yeah, get hyped up. Set whatever expectations you want. If you're not devastated if something doesn't show, then that's great. People just shouldn't go complaining on the forums when they don't get their imaginary event. that said, I'd say given the recent 13.7 update, there are a bunch of people with low expectations, and it does say something about the game.

gif format: (amateurish work, mind you)

H48TRMg.gif

While I must say it does look awesome as a gif it does not contain all the little hype moments I placed in the video. All my effort compressed into a 3 second gif. 

I think in needs big flashing words over the top... saying HYPE TRAIN... yeah that would make it better.

My hype derives from the need to have new content for this game. I may not have been a alpha or early-ish beta player, but I have a lot of time sinked into this game, and while I thoroughly enjoy the concept and atmosphere and combat and blah blah.. I am getting worn out, and even if it is a minor content patch, it helps me get back in, even for just a moment. Always puts a smile on my face when I see something new, whether it is unexpected or something uninteresting, just knowing there is new content is usually enough for me!

While I must say it does look awesome as a gif it does not contain all the little hype moments I placed in the video. All my effort compressed into a 3 second gif. 

I think in needs big flashing words over the top... saying HYPE TRAIN... yeah that would make it better.

I wanted to make it last more, but Imgur doesnt seem to accept too big files on my end, those 3 seconds and image reduced were 4.3MB.... going to try and put the FULL video as a gif anyways

edit: Photshop doesnt seem to want to cooperate "file too big"

Edited by Kao-Snake

Lol I reallized they keep fixing and releasing new stance mods...

I mean for whom? The 2% players who really like them and use them?

OMG DE... Melee 2.0 so failed I can't even begin to describe it. And they think they did awesome. :S

Edited by H0PE

Oh yay, because I am going to buy plat just to buy armor that does nothing! Sounds good to me!

Honestly I'd be quite sad if they spent a whole week working on that armor for new content.

OMG DE... Melee 2.0 so failed I can't even begin to describe it. And they think they did awesome. :S

Have some h0pe dude. XD

Honestly I'd be quite sad if they spent a whole week working on that armor for new content.

If you saw the process needed to make a single weapon or skin you'll be surprised.

And even if you did you might think its easy, i personally like to draw and i'm studying arts right now as hobby, everytime i draw something i take DAYS if i want it end really good

These guys do that + remaking it into 3D and etc....

Patience is the key

I'm glad theres someone on the forums that''s willing to applaud them for their hard work regardless of their personal opinion (insert sarcasm font).

But in all seriousness guys, they've said over and over again, if what they added into the game doesn't work, they'll beat it till it works how they want it to. Melee 2.0 just barely dropped, give it some time. we can't have Melee 3.0 AND U14 AND new Dumb AI (which i fully support) AND.... you git my point? It'll come in bits and pieces, just wait until your turn comes.

If you saw the process needed to make a single weapon or skin you'll be surprised.

And even if you did you might think its easy, i personally like to draw and i'm studying arts right now as hobby, everytime i draw something i take DAYS if i want it end really good

These guys do that + remaking it into 3D and etc....

Patience is the key

Yep, to those of us who know what it takes to do these things, we have much more respect for what they do lol. I'm going to be taking animation and 3D modelling soon myself so, funsies!