The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Starvation Strike, Until De Reacts! (The End)

7grims

can you post a pic of when the health gets to 0%

Maybe, it might never show 0%, since i think it dies and disappears when it reaches zero, either way we have to wait 3 more days to see.

Edited by 7grims

There are multiple ways that DE could go about this.

One popular idea is to have a room in the Dojo where you can drop off unwanted kubrows and then pick them back up at any time. There would have to be a kubrow limit of course, since this would cause massive FPS issues if every member in the clan left their kubrow in the same confined space.

This room could also have an automated DNA integrity refill system that allows you to plan out feeding times, how many credits you want to sink into the DNA stabilization process, etc. As a trade-off for this, you`d have to pay a certain fee to have your kubrow in this room/daycare center (perhaps a minor credit fee). This facility would be accessible to any members of the clan at all times and allow other players to check out your kubrow if they were looking to buy it`s imprints.

Alternatively, you could just have a ' Puppy blender ' function, but instead of outright killing the kubrow, it could also refund you with some materials and/or plat, depending on how much effort and resources went into breeding your pet in the first place. Now, this might seem a bit inhumane and morbid to some people, but the very existence of the domesticated kubrows is a messed up concept in itself.

One popular idea is to have a room in the Dojo where you can drop off unwanted kubrows and then pick them back up at any time. There would have to be a kubrow limit of course, since this would cause massive FPS issues if every member in the clan left their kubrow in the same confined space.

This room could also have an automated DNA integrity refill system that allows you to plan out feeding times, how many credits you want to sink into the DNA stabilization process, etc. As a trade-off for this, you`d have to pay a certain fee to have your kubrow in this room/daycare center (perhaps a minor credit fee). This facility would be accessible to any members of the clan at all times and allow other players to check out your kubrow if they were looking to buy it`s imprints.

Alternatively, you could just have a ' Puppy blender ' function, but instead of outright killing the kubrow, it could also refund you with some materials and/or plat, depending on how much effort and resources went into breeding your pet in the first place. Now, this might seem a bit inhumane and morbid to some people, but the very existence of the domesticated kubrows is a messed up concept in itself.

Terrible, would not spend a dime in that day care, would only put him there if I could utterly abandon him.

Puppy blender sounds better.

I literally rather eject mine out of the ship and watch it drift away and die.

This is getting awfully sad. :( I don't wanna see the slow degradation of the koobs as he dies, or any other being. If I could take your Raksa, 7grims, I would. There's an open stasis slot and everything. Warframe... I would gladly take this poor soul! T_T

7grims,

I can tell you this topic is followed by DE, my post just got snipped.

teJ-apparently-kid.jpg

I know that feel....

I tried to use (probably) the exact same photo of the monk back in the day...for the Flow recruitment add...

you know...300% Hotter and all.....

Well I thought...this might be a bit upsetting...being that the person in the photo probably died if not was horribly messed up for the rest of his life...

So I ran it by the forum mod Cedric, (non-leet speak version of his name) anyways...

I'm glad I did, because he straight up said nope!

And I was like...awww...but yeah I get it.

So I did this one instead:

n5la2c.jpg

Source:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/41230-join-flow-to-become-300-hotter-mature-content-warning/?p=435286

Anyways...its awesome because we both attempted to use the same picture...although...I asked a mod first and you didn't...lol...woopsie!

This type of behavior with people happens in every game I have ever played. You get a new mechanic, a group of people of people dislike the new mechanic, and decide they know better, and start listing the reasons why their idea is superior.

Your idea is NOT superior, it's simply better for you because it's less hassle for your precious playtime.

Spitting the dummy is not going to help you. In fact, it's going to help you less. Regardless of what reasons are behind a game mechanic, the company putting it in place has reasons. Many of those reasons may even be specifically designed to make more money, but since none of you here have to spend any money to play, unlike say, WoW or EvE Online (and in EvE you can actually buy extra time for free by making virtual money in game, if you play a lot, or are very organized), you don't get to dictate the main direction.

No one cares how many Kubrows you starve. You really want to try and make a point? Try deleting your account, and show how much Plat and resources and time you just just destroyed as a form of protest, and I guarantee you, DE still will won't care, because the mechanics they put in place are working as intended.

Killing in game objects we can get multiple of in a few hours of normal gameplay just makes you look like a complaining child, so please stop pushing this pointless exercise of a post to the top every single day. Consider this post of mine one last push for free.

And just as a side note, I'm not daring you to delete your account, because even if you DID, DE would probably just restore it. Once, anyway.

I'm just pointing out you are wasting your time either way.

How about this idea... a cure for DNA degradation that has the unfortunate effect of making a kubrow act feral thus making him unfit for duty, you can then release him to the wild where he may survive.

I really like this idea actually.

2ply...

7grim...

Does everyone in flow have that pattern of names

I don't! :D

edit:

This type of behavior with people happens in every game I have ever played. You get a new mechanic, a group of people of people dislike the new mechanic, and decide they know better, and start listing the reasons why their idea is superior.

Your idea is NOT superior, it's simply better for you because it's less hassle for your precious playtime.

Spitting the dummy is not going to help you. In fact, it's going to help you less. Regardless of what reasons are behind a game mechanic, the company putting it in place has reasons. Many of those reasons may even be specifically designed to make more money, but since none of you here have to spend any money to play, unlike say, WoW or EvE Online (and in EvE you can actually buy extra time for free by making virtual money in game, if you play a lot, or are very organized), you don't get to dictate the main direction.

No one cares how many Kubrows you starve. You really want to try and make a point? Try deleting your account, and show how much Plat and resources and time you just just destroyed as a form of protest, and I guarantee you, DE still will won't care, because the mechanics they put in place are working as intended.

Killing in game objects we can get multiple of in a few hours of normal gameplay just makes you look like a complaining child, so please stop pushing this pointless exercise of a post to the top every single day. Consider this post of mine one last push for free.

And just as a side note, I'm not daring you to delete your account, because even if you DID, DE would probably just restore it. Once, anyway.

I'm just pointing out you are wasting your time either way.

Clearly DE thinks the feedback in this thread has at least some value, as this thread was linked in the hot topics posted today (see it here it's the first one: http://tinyurl.com/puzaor4)

DSpite, you should really stop torturing yourself by reading this thread :{ you don't want to participate in the roleplaying humour, or treat the kubrows and any interactions with them as anything more than just a game component, and clearly you don't care about a way to get rid of them faster. You even seem to believe that we are complaining to get around plat costs (which is somewhat ludicrous because we don't pay plat to get rid of them, we merely pay to keep them for reuse) If DE really wanted us to HAVE to pay plat for getting rid of kubrow it would cost something to kill them instead of just being a massive time sink.

Edited by Drasiel

Man Down...Man down...

First Kubrow to die in this thread.

cUM2bLh.jpg

Rip: I sing for my ho

Thank you! That's the first confirmed Kubrow starvation death I've seen. +1.

+1 to the OP too - hopefully Goat's sacrifice is not in vain!

Actually couldn't bring myself to do this, so both my Kubrows are sitting in stasis for the forseeable future.

Edited by 0verkill

I literally rather eject mine out of the ship and watch it drift away and die.

I`ve actually thought about an ' eject ' button, maybe even make like a little cutscene where you literally watch your kubrow suffocate and die, drifting off into the empty void of space xD

I`ve actually thought about an ' eject ' button, maybe even make like a little cutscene where you literally watch your kubrow suffocate and die, drifting off into the empty void of space xD

Ewww... ^^

I thought more of a weekly barbecue in the gardens of the upcoming Playerhubs and everybody brings their least favorite Kubrow to be roasted in a barbecue contest between all the Embers being around. :D

Like a Minigame for Ember.

And then we have some beer to the Kubrow steaks of course while all the Rhinos are trying to hit on all the Valkyrs.

Edited by MeduSalem