The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Alt Fire And Zoom In Are Separate Keys. Why Don't They Work As Such?

Naftal

i dont understand, all of those dont need to be zoomed in, the penta arcs too much for a zoom to matter, the castanas are pretty acurate (the one in the left hand is thrown a littl to the left) and the quantas are mid to close range machenegun/lasers, i dont see why you need to get a closer look

Quanta = 50 meters, no zoom

Phage = 25 meters, zoom

This = Logical?

Don't get me wrong, I've used the Quanta for so long that I rarely zoom with any weapon now, and if they gave it a zoom I wouldn't use it, but I'd definitely disable it for the Phage. It's already a keybinding, you're arguing against making it functional. "Nah m8, they should leave broken keybinds in the game, cuz I can't see why you would zoom in with a gun that has a 50 meter reach!"

the reason is because they have an alt fire, they dont need to be zoomed in because it doesnt help the wepon function at all, and since they have an alt fire why waste the time of adding in something useless?

Because thats false and you know it, the secondary fire on any gun I've used eats ammo at a rather unjust rate and you can forget about hitting long range targets with it.

It got to a point where secondary fire mechanic guns for me are just rank fodder that are never touched again once i get rank 30 with them.

• 2 weeks later...

the reason is because they have an alt fire, they dont need to be zoomed in because it doesnt help the wepon function at all, and since they have an alt fire why waste the time of adding in something useless?

yu mad or... dude i know yu dont use aim for thoose weapon i dig it, but WUT if a lot of ppl feel like doing it? not like it was lore breaking or teknikally impossible.... also. am sory but i even zoom at Point Blank... it s badass i love to aim stuff even when trowing glaive i use zoom...

I've been waiting for this fix since the release of the buzzlock.. its teh only gripe i have with it.. i would love to make it my main gun but not being able to use its wonderfull zoom with regular shots is just painfull. Specially since the 10 ammo alt fire is very wasteful on anything except bosses.

Also the 50m on quanta is quite far actualy.. its about the distance from the void defence target and one of the doorways.. if i had zoom i could take those headshots at the doorway far more easily.. but now its such a small bunch of pixels at max range that the slightest twitch misses the headshot.

About this option:

7KlQyaR.jpg

There is currently a discussion on the topic which may result in Aim/Secondary Fire being combined, as separating the two actually doesn't allow for any real function on a handful of weapons (as OP suggests).

More on this topic after dev continues to discuss/investigate, but just a general heads up that this is on the radar and may result in a simplified solution where Aim/Secondary bindings are combined.

More on this topic after dev continues to discuss/investigate, but just a general heads up that this is on the radar and may result in a simplified solution where Aim/Secondary bindings are combined.

Thanks for the heads up!

Glad to see that it's on the radar.

Edited by Zaniux

About this option:

7KlQyaR.jpg

There is currently a discussion on the topic which may result in Aim/Secondary Fire being combined, as separating the two actually doesn't allow for any real function on a handful of weapons (as OP suggests).

Well, a worst case scenario it seems, since it would be cool if I could aim weapons with secondary fire, or use the secondary fire key to change zoom on the snipers (not much of an issue with the mod since it's useless on certain cases). Guess those weapons are dead to development, oh well.

About this option:

-snip-

I would actually like the option to have all 3 buttons (Regular Fire, Alternate Fire, and Aim/Zoom) different buttons, and not merge Alternate Fire and Zoom, for it would be incredibly helpful for weapons like the Penta, Quantas, and other weapons with Alternate Fire in them.  Penta especially, since I would like to be able to zoom in to get a good measure of where an enemy is far range, and then shoot the grenades while zoomed in to get a better estimate of what angle to shoot at, so I can get them from a long way away.  Maybe having a 'scope' on the Penta like snipers, but more fit for Grenade Launchers, like some other games do.

But that is just my opinion you know, and since I am only one person, I don't know if I will be heard.

Edited by ScarWDBone13

About this option:

Combined? No no no, I assure you that's not what anyone has been asking for since the addition of the first weapon with an alternate fire. Players have been asking for alternate fire to be its own keybind and actually work as such. Move alternate fire to middle mouse click or mouse 4, or 5 on the keyboard, or literally anything because we're just going to rebind it if we don't like it anyway. Just make sure it operates separately from zoom and leave zoom on mouse 2. This is very, very, very long overdue.

About this option:

-snip-

That is exactly the opposite change to what should happen. These weapons are horribly limited by the inability to zoom, and none of them are amazing enough to need that as a balancing factor.

Make the weapons actually use both bindings instead of combining them back into one binding and we will be happy.

Edited by egregiousRac

I'd really like to see an aiming function available for weapons like the panthera and the mutalist quanta. I currently have secondary fire bound to a side button on my mouse, and I'd like to be able to actually aim using these weapons. Just a thought.

About this option:

7KlQyaR.jpg

Please no don't merge them.  What people are asking for is functional zoom that isn't tied to secondary fire.  Right now if you rebind secondary fire you still cannot use zoom properly and right click still triggers secondaries.  

About this option:

*pulls out stubble*

Please don't do that. That's the opposite of what is being requested. We want 3 functions: Fire, Aim, Alt-Fire. And we want them to work.

If this is because of the console players not having enough buttons, than that's their cross to bear (shots fired). Don't Judas us on this one, please. We just want our headshots.

I may have grown up in a time without ADS, but I've sure come to love it in all the games that have it.

Edited by Vanadium

Please no don't merge them.  What people are asking for is functional zoom that isn't tied to secondary fire.  Right now if you rebind secondary fire you still cannot use zoom properly and right click still triggers secondaries.  

This^

I don't think anyone is asking for them to be combined at all.

I hate that I can't zoom aim/ADS with some weapons, it is seriously annoying.  Zoom aim/ADS should be enabled on ALL secondary and primary weapons, regardless of whether they have a secondary fire function. 

Edited by ClockworkSpectre