Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Latron Wraith Feedback (Designated Megathread)

Netheroc

LatronW has Spread. not a lot, but it's some, meaning some shots here and there will miss their Weakpoints. LatronP is pinpoint accurate at all times. it has no Spread whatsoever.

Hmm when I tested it against a wall with a bullseye type target, only the recoil gave me spread -> it was shooting slightly higher than where I initially started aiming.

The zoom'ed scope shot is pinpoint for me. Guess everyone else got a lemon lol.

Testing purpose build:

02HKfRl.jpg

http://youtu.be/9dD9V6gP7gM

~76m Couldn't really tell if there was a spread using split chamber. At least, not a spread that would make any difference.

Edited by Quizel

There's plenty of threads whining about the Latron Wraith. Those with a negative opinion of the rifle, please take your feedback there.  Seriously, there's no reason to pee in everyone's cheerios. 

This thread is for anyone who's interested in telling DE "Thanks for the awesome weapon!".

From my perspective, I love it.  The color scheme fits much better with the original Latron weapon model than the prime, so it's got the "badass" thing going for it.  I prefer simplicity over the busy lines of the Prime.

The sound is cool.  A little bit pew-pew, and little bit muted bang-bang.  Nice mix.  

I can live with a slightly decreased overall damage, because the fire rate makes up for it, as does the increased crit chance.  I won't whine about any buffs it may receive, but I think it's fine the way it is.

I took it into a few lowbie missions on Earth after earning it last night, and I had fun.  That's what matters.  The weapon is fun, and I'm super glad I could finally break away from the Boltor.  The Karak just doesn't do it for me, and I've no space to claim my Gorgon yet.

I've been farming for the Latron Prime and haven't gotten it yet, so this will satisfy my semi-auto rifle desires quite nicely.

Good job DE. 

YEA, The GunSound of it just gave me a eargasm...

You know with the idea of how much damage it outputs wouldn't the logic of oh, if you're good with aim the wraith would be better right? I don't find that that is true, the fact is is that dps is counted as a consistent hit I believe right? Therefore, if you are constantly hitting body shots and compare two weapons wouldn't it be like you're comparing it to constant head shots with the same two weapons?

A thought of logic when I concern myself with damage numbers.

It is, technically. While the difference in percentages will be different the actual numbers could be far different. WHile 1% of 10k is 100, 1% of 100k is 1k. 1k is far more important than 100. Essentially you are correct and incorrect at the same time.

I think it's more along the lines of a Tenno weapon getting a Grineer wraith variant that people are complaining about.

It's always been the PLAYERS' misconception that Wraith is exclusive to Grineer weapon... while forgetting the fact that Strun was the first Wraith, and is a Tenno weapon (look at the stock; it even has the Tenno symbol on it). I don't blame them for thinking so because of the consistant Grineer Wraith weapons after Strun, but the introduction of the Red Veil pretty much retcon that again.

Edited by Casardis

No it isn't

Iirc Lat prime has nearly double the base damage, so unless you are running some goofy build the prime will pump out more damage

Latron prime has better damages per shot, but only 15% crit chances, while Latron Wraith has 25% proc chances and a better firing speed (You have to put shred in Latron Prime in order to get the same rate of fire). Both have a 2.5 critical multiplier.

Using the build shown by xkillo32 on both. LatronW ends with around 17427 sustained DPS, while LatronP has around 16922 DPS. It's a 505 DPS difference in favor of Latron Wraith.

Latron Wraith : http://goo.gl/rWwXZF

Latron Prime : http://goo.gl/M3Xd2J

(Don't forget to include multishot and critical hits in the DPS calculation : check the boxes)

I also tried to switch heavy caliber for hammershot, it hardly changes anything.

So LatronW is slightly better DPS wise, while LatronP has slightly better proc chances. I can safely say that they're sidegrades. Your choice will depend of your playstyle.

Latron prime has better damages per shot, but only 15% crit chances, while Latron Wraith has 25% proc chances and a better firing speed (You have to put shred in Latron Prime in order to get the same rate of fire). Both have a 2.5 critical multiplier.

Using the build shown by xkillo32 on both. LatronW ends with around 17427 sustained DPS, while LatronP has around 16922 DPS. It's a 505 DPS difference in favor of Latron Wraith.

Latron Wraith : http://goo.gl/rWwXZF

Latron Prime : http://goo.gl/M3Xd2J

(Don't forget to include multishot and critical hits in the DPS calculation : check the boxes)

I also tried to switch heavy caliber for hammershot, it hardly changes anything.

So LatronW is slightly better DPS wise, while LatronP has slightly better proc chances. I can safely say that they're sidegrades. Your choice will depend of your playstyle.

The problem is that Latron is a precise semi-auto rifle with low mag size and rather long reload. So you have to make every shot count, you dont do that while clicking to the max fire rate. Also LW recoil is considerably high.

Also it is a prize, talk about looking a gift horse in the mouth. 

Or gifted gun in the barrel, not a good idea. 

I like it, though, I would've preferred a vandal. But I just really like the metallic blue+lotus decal (It might have been a bit more appropriate too, with the new corpus tile-set and all). 

The problem is that Latron is a precise semi-auto rifle with low mag size and rather long reload. So you have to make every shot count, you dont do that while clicking to the max fire rate. Also LW recoil is considerably high.

It seems like people didn't realize that Latron Prime is the wild card here. Even if you make every shots counts with Latron Prime, RNG just won't let you crit that often.

The Latron Wraith IMO is a good example of a Wraith version of a weapon done reasonably right. It doesn't quite outshine the Prime version except in terms of delivering Criticals, but it's definitely better than the regular version.

The vertical recoil is a bit annoying - it's really out of place for a Marksman Designated Rifle - but installing a maxed out Stabilizer mod fixed that. Other than that, the Latron Wraith works just fine for what it is and honestly I wouldn't change anything else about it.

Except for the addition of a cammo skin perhaps!

It's more user dependant. I have no problem to deal with that recoil myself and I kinda chain weakspot shots like a madcap. But it may be troublesome for someone else indeed.

Also, the LatronW seems perfectly silent... It may be interesting to know.

Ok this is whats bugging me. Whats up with all the Wraith weapons being released now? We have a grand total of 2 4 Vandal style weapons and 5 Wraith weapons. Why the bias design DE?

But more importantly, the new Wraith would've made alot more sense being a Vandal than Wraith. Think about it, we are getting messages from this "unknown assistant" *cough DERF! cough* who is aligned with the Corpus. Not to mention this assistant has a mutual concern over the Balor Formorians in the upcoming future, which further leads us to believe he's Corpus orientated if it just so happens to NOT be Derf. So why is a supposed Corpus handing over Wraith weapons to us? Especially when most Wraith weapons are typically Grineer based.

"But wait!" You say. "We have the Strun and Latron Wraith! Not to mention that the Red Veil could be behind the 'Wraithing' of these weapons because of their similar designs! So any Tenno/Grineer weapon could be viable for a Wraith design!"

Yeah well that's a good point, but wouldn't it also make more sense to release a Vandal weapon on a Corpus tileset as a reward instead of a Wraith. Not to mention if Derf is real, him handing us a Wraith weapon seems a little strange considering his Corpus heritage. A Latron Vandal would make alot more sense lore-wise and would fit the Corpus-themed event. (Also imo Vandal's look/sound better than Wraith's, but thats just me...)

EDIT: Just gonna leave this here...

- Prova V (Corpus)

- Snipertron V (Corpus)

- Braton V (Speculation says that the Corpus mass-produce these weapons)

- Lato V (Have no idea wth this is doing here)

- Strun W (Formerly the weapon used by Grineer Troopers, is now considered Tenno?)

- Gorgon W (Grineer)

- T W Vipers (Grineer)

- Machete W (Used by Scorpions)

- Latron W (The only one NOT following a Grineer history/design)

Edited by KilelrDrone492

Ok this is whats bugging me. Whats up with all the Wraith weapons being released now? We have a grand total of 2 Vandal style weapons and 5 Wraith weapons. Why the bias design DE?

But more importantly, the new Wraith would've made alot more sense being a Vandal than Wraith. Think about it, we are getting messages from this "unknown assistant" *cough DERF! cough* who is aligned with the Corpus. Not to mention this assistant has a mutual concern over the Balor Formorians in the upcoming future, which further leads us to believe he's Corpus orientated if it just so happens to NOT be Derf. So why is a supposed Corpus handing over Wraith weapons to us? Especially when most Wraith weapons are typically Grineer based.

"But wait!" You say. "We have the Strun and Latron Wraith! Not to mention that the Red Veil could be behind the 'Wraithing' of these weapons because of their similar designs! So any Tenno/Grineer weapon could be viable for a Wraith design!"

Yeah well that's a good point, but wouldn't it also make more sense to release a Vandal weapon on a Corpus tileset as a reward instead of a Wraith, which what the entire community assumes is a Grineer weapon? Not to mention if Derf is real, him handing us a Wraith weapon seems a little strange considering his Corpus heritage. A Latron Vandal would make alot more sense lore-wise and would fit the Corpus-themed event. (Also imo Vandal's look/sound better than Wraith's, but thats just me...)

ive never heard vandal being corpus design, its tenno lotus colors.

and wraith isn't confirmed as grineer either.

also, this new mystery guy,

isn't aligned with corpus,

did you not notice that were killing corpus in this event.

dudes clearly in it for himself only and uses everyone no doubt.

so to sum up.

vandal isnt corpus, its like lotus/tenno colors and decal.

wraith is just, black and red, and aggressive looking decal.

not grinneer.

so yeah both vandal and wraith have nothing to do with corpis or grinneer so that theory dead in the water man.

other then this, i dont know what else to say, alot of your statement doesn't make sense, as neither of these weapon brands have anything to do with the two factions,

not sure where you got that info from at all.

P.S.

killing corpus  doesn't make mystery guy aligned with corpus.

not sure how you got that logic.

pretty sure if i shoot cops im not aligned with them.

Something for thought: Up untill now, with the one exception being the Lato, every Vandal weapon was Corpus manufactured.

The Braton, Snipetron and Prova are all Corpus weapons.

Same goes for Wraith.

The Machete, Gorgon, Twin Vipers and Strun.

It'd make no sense lore-wise to "wraith" a Tenno weapon. Interesting move, DE.

Something for thought: Up untill now, with the one exception being the Lato, every Vandal weapon was Corpus manufactured.

The Braton, Snipetron and Prova are all Corpus weapons.

Same goes for Wraith.

The Machete, Gorgon, Twin Vipers and Strun.

It'd make no sense lore-wise to "wraith" a Tenno weapon. Interesting move, DE.

The Strun is a Tenno weapon, unfortunately, so that lore was broken long ago.