Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So How Many People Just Realised They Forgot Their Kubrow?

Roogan

I liked my kubrow, so I didnt freeze them.

then life happened and I forgot to feed them.

and apparently Ordis will let them starve to death because you didnt feed them yourself;

but then will turn around and toss them out the airlock without asking

woulda liked the chance to say, clone them or something at least.

I dont like Ordis anymore ether.

My Kubrows are on ice until they give us an incentive to use them.

Yeah they are nice to have along but Sentinals are far cheaper and don't have an upkeep cost to keep them going or whine if they happen to die on a mission.

Edited by Ailissa

If you want a life-hack for kubrows, just put them  in storage, then wake up and take them out again, wait three hours, then use the kubrow. Once your done and before you log out for the day, send the kubrows back to the freezer, this way, none of their DNA ever goes down and you never need to buy a stabiliser

Only works if you have tons of time to waste

I'v been playing this game for a long time and have about 2,745,500 credits, and also find it rather easy to acquire more, so the upkeep is fine for me.

I also dont like using sentinels, and never cared much for their utility.

I prefer to use kubrows or (/and) specters simply because I like them more and they are more fun.

mine are in the freezer too. Would like to swap them out more often with the sentinels, but these don't take fragging three hours before I can use them. So the choice is often simple: keep them in stasis. 

Shame really. IMHO this three hour waiting time is a game breaker in relation to using kubrows. Yes, it makes "sense" when looking from a story perspective (because they were in cryosleep), but from a game mechanic perspective (kubrow being part of a specific loadout) it's totally useless. 

I thought Kubrow ONLY lost it's health integrity when you physically see a login reward.

As in, for every login reward you see on your account, that means the currently selected dog loses some integrity.

So if it's left out of stasis, and you come back from a vacation like 2 weeks later, sign in and only see that one login, suddenly that one login counts for 2 weeks worth of logins and said dog dies immediately?

Kinda lowblow-y imo. "BUY A STASIS SLOT AND CHUNK EM IN OR YOUR DOG IS DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAD!" is all I get from that. Kinda guilting your fanbase into getting enough stasis slots.

Yes, freezer/frozen/cooler/box/Capt. America impression = Stasis.

heh...I just watched the second Captain America movie yesterday...good movie:)

Oh yea six of my kubrows are in the freezer with one maturing and an egg on the side. I still need a huras kubrow:(

Edited by RoninJed

I thought Kubrow ONLY lost it's health integrity when you physically see a login reward.

As in, for every login reward you see on your account, that means the currently selected dog loses some integrity.

So if it's left out of stasis, and you come back from a vacation like 2 weeks later, sign in and only see that one login, suddenly that one login counts for 2 weeks worth of logins and said dog dies immediately?

Kinda lowblow-y imo. "BUY A STASIS SLOT AND CHUNK EM IN OR YOUR DOG IS DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAD!" is all I get from that. Kinda guilting your fanbase into getting enough stasis slots.

You can't even have a kubrow unless you have an open stasis slot...

If you want a life-hack for kubrows, just put them  in storage, then wake up and take them out again, wait three hours, then use the kubrow. Once your done and before you log out for the day, send the kubrows back to the freezer, this way, none of their DNA ever goes down and you never need to buy a stabiliser

Only works if you have tons of time to waste

Or three hours advance notice of when you will play?