Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Devstream #38!

[DE]Rebecca

DUb8OPf.jpg

Who? Join the usual crew - Scott, Geoff, Steve, Sheldon and Rebecca - to discuss Warframe!

What? We will be taking community questions from this thread as well as returning to topics of old that we ought to discuss again. Join us as we revisit topics like Endgame, Mastery Rank, Melee and more!

We will also be giving away 3 x 1000 Platinum prizes!

Where? Join us at http://twitch.tv/Warframe.

When? Friday, October 3rd at 2PM EDT! Find your timezone at www.worldtimebuddy.com.

Thread closes at 10AM Friday!

See you this Friday for the wonderful world of Warframe!

aw howel i cant wait

Melee:

Are ye ever going to address the issues many people have with timed attacks?

it does not fit the game well and can be hard to do in a heated battle, not to mention that people are admitting to not bothering with combs due to the difficulty of doing them and the fact that it's hardly rewarding, not to mention the fact that it also slows you down making it worse than quick melee.

The current system has a nice promise, but it executes poorly and make quick melee for convenient for not dying.

Melee Combos Take Too Much Concentration And Aren't Even Worth Doing.

Not Sure If I'm The Only One Who Feels This Way Regarding Melee Combos

Combo String System(Using The Reload Button) - A Better Combo System

How about holding down "use" "Switch" and "Reload" keys to execute different combos maybe even for quick shot ala Devil May Cry("Switch" key)? Holding down melee for either charge attack or another combos. You already got holding down "block" and "back" down, even holding down "Sprint" Speeds up the flow, but ultimately fails at making you as fast as quick melee.

And when are you going to improve quickening?

It makes no sense that you take away Fury's speed and give it to a mod that ruins your energy pool. 80% loss in efficiency just to get back the speed you lost with Fury's nerf. Fury should have NEVER been nerf and Quickening should NEVER make you lose 80% efficiency. You have Corrupt Charge" that you can use instead for better results with way less efficiency loss. If fury is going to be 30%, then quickening should not have efficiency loss at all, having to channel is god enough. I can reach more speed with using Volt/Valkyr, why even use Quickening. it's so useless. Energy drained in a few hits of a mob. Energy Restore can barely keep up and even using that is too much. 

In the end, timed attacks don't have to go, but hold attacks should be implemented as an alternative. it would be similar to hotkey, but would have that Devil May Cry 5 feel.

Even magically switch between each melee weapon with each button press by materializing them using nanotechnites(Or Nano tech)...

You have Sword, Scythe, galive equipped, hold or press each button i mentioned earlier to materialize them r simply have different combos for the same weapon.

And you should speed up the animation of each combos, there is no reason for them to be so slow and get you killed.

Melee Quick Shot

Melee Stance Mod Stat Rework (Multi-Hit/multi-Shot In Place Of Additional Mod...

Dagger Stance Attackspeed Bug?

Alt Fire And Zoom In Are Separate Keys. Why Don't They Work As Such?

Impact, Puncture And Slash Are Meaningless - What are ye guys going to do about this?

sn8UaKa.gif

You even going to fix this?

Even the Glaive slide attack is strong than it's thow damage. Are you going to reverse this?

Also Mirage Hall of Mirror clones cannot toss the Glaive with it equipped. I do however see them toss it when it's not equipped, but only when hosting, much lke the dread issue especially with thunderbolt. You going to fix this?

Extras:

You guys ever going to start adding new tiles to old tiles again with each update or at least major update? The old tiles are getting boring and repetitive especially the age old ones.

You ever going to add custom player created tilesets like you said you guys would do?

You ever going to give kubrows an auto loot system like a trained pet and even sniff out enemies?

Would you be able to transfer to each planetary lobby w/o going back to Liset and have Ordis fly the Liset to your location. It would make the Liset similar to a "My Room" feature.

Would you be able to access the star chart and begin missions from the lobby without going into liset?

Would there ever be an HQ lobby?

Edited by -CM-Zura

Are there any plans to introduce ways of altering weapons into prime / vandal / wraith variants?, It just seems a waste to trash things for space and event weapons are bound to re-appear so why not a quest /faction quest to alter your weapon...

Are Liset customizations coming in U15?

Ty for all the hard work!

Q: will U16 be focused on end-game? ie. for the more higher mastery ranked users with not much to do? a lot of the major updates have been updating older systems or for new users. When will DE cater an update for the players that have been playing for a year+, who've stuck around through the thick and thin?

Q: will user quests factor into this? what assets are we able to use and what rewards can we provide? without diluting the drop tables, i suggest key rewards being suitable as they are usually unwanted rewards from void runs/survivals

Q: kind of on the topic of melee, will faster weapon switching ever be introduced? going from melee to primary or primary to secondary is painfully slow, whereas quick melee attacks are instantaneous.

Q: when will the next alert be for the Stratos emblem?  it's a great

idea but how will it appear? will we see it announced in a thread or appear randomly for more exclusivity?

Q: when is the cryotic gameplay coming to the starchart? i assumed it would've been right after the event.

Are there any plans to introduce ways of altering weapons into prime / vandal / wraith variants?, It just seems a waste to trash things for space and event weapons are bound to re-appear so why not a quest /faction quest to alter your weapon...

this for frames/prime frames

Edited by angrykenji

As the owner of the Kubrow Megathread Feedback I am extremely happy for this "revision" devstream.

So my question lies on:

-Will the pet system see some improvements to depth of our connection to the little pups? (right now they feel rather stiff in the missions)

-Are we going to see more pets?

Stealth 1.0? Parkour 2.0? (make it super super cool like Mirror's Edge)

More off topic: Player created content, when will we see official tools to support these things? (skins, new items, maps etc)

Thanks!

Just something I want to know, who exactly are the civils we safe during the Vor's Prize and another missions?  The Red Veil? Grineer commom people? Corpus baby Moas? 

And when we will se the "last Orokin Towers" of Mercury's description?

btw, just keep the awesome work with this fantastic game, congrats DE.

Dev streams are always fun.

I only got one question, so I'll put it below.

One more came to my mind as I hit submit.

In regards to melee, how are the slower/heavier weapons gonna be worked on in order to shine again? I didn't play during the time when they had charge attacks but, they certainly sound better than what we have now for the more slower weapons. Sure there are some channeling mods to help things out but, I really don't want -80% efficiency for +20% speed. My Galatine just feels like a giant iron toothpick sometimes.

The endgame stuff sounds neat and all but, how're  the rewards for it? There was a recent Community hot topics that went over the mod tables/prime parts. So given this new endgame content, what kind of rewards will it have?

Edited by blazingcobalt