Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[De] First Person Mode. Support This Thread.

IfritKajiTora

Did you even read his post?

Anyway, I think this would be pretty neat. Parkour might be a bit awk, but I think would be pretty cool to get another perspective in WF. And also they would have to make new models for each weapon. So not practical but cool.

Agreed, if it's not forced then it would be pretty fun to have as just a side feature, personally I'm just worried about grineer shooting me from behind when I'm not looking >.>

Technically speaking, I don't think it's in DE's best interest to add changes to camera angles. I mean, If I was them, I'd read this thread and say "ah, those crazy Warframe kids." and leave it at that.

I could quite happily live happily ever after with an option that made the view centered - by repositioning the camera when aiming down the guns - so I can tell if I'm hiding or in the open. The Vectis already has "the correct mechanic" but it's tied to a zoom scope; you can easily just move the camera angle directly above the gun and forward a bit, and have a nice, CLEAR line of sight directly to the target so you weave left and right behind cover, while leaving hip-fire as normal.

I think it would be interesting.

As said in the original post, you would need to do 3rd person and such when sprinting and parkouring.

On the other hand, if this is an idea DE uses, I would hope they slowly implement it and not put huge focus on it. It's a cool idea, but it doesn't add a lot to the game.

Why is it? 

It is a valid reason for DE to say they will not do it but it is not a valid reason to use to say you don't want it.

Mr. Validity over here.

If he would prefer they not pool any of their resources on a mechanic he has no interest in, it is a valid reason regardless of whether or not he effectively articulated his point.

I think a fleshed out first person mode would be really cool and help with immersion in the thick of a horde. However DE also has a lot with the standard game that needs fixed or heavily attended to. The last thing we need is more 'Eh' content that's only touched for about two weeks when they hyped it the whole month aaand no one ever takes it seriously anymore.

This idea is probably still best reserved as a 'wishlist' idea but you still have my +1. 

imagine trying to use Warframes' style of twirly ballet dancing Melee in First Person.

i rest my case.

besides, you would need to recreate the entire game from the ground up to have a First Person game.

you might say 'that looks good enough', but Digital Extremes has showed us they have standards.

there's a lot of Engines available out there. they weren't good enough for Digital Extremes.

there's plenty of Encryption algorithms available out there. they weren't good enough for Digital Extremes.

there's many Shader Compilers out there. they weren't good enough for Digital Extremes.

there's many CDN's to host game data on. they weren't good enough for Digital Extremes.

Et Cetera.

Despite the interest, this is something that will not get added, sorry.

Yet again, I've witnessed DE shoot down this idea firsthand. I'll have to remember that the next time this topic pops up, as it inevitably will.

Warframe: GOTY next generation mlg mountain dew edition coming 2035!

Includes: First person.

Pocket lint.

XD I laughed much harder at that than I probably should have.

Mr. Validity over here.

If he would prefer they not pool any of their resources on a mechanic he has no interest in, it is a valid reason regardless of whether or not he effectively articulated his point.

Him having no interest in it is a better reason to say he doesn't want it than the other reason.