Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[De] First Person Mode. Support This Thread.

IfritKajiTora

Him having no interest in it is a better reason to say he doesn't want it than the other reason. 

But one without foundation, or is that not what you're interested in all of a sudden?

All these nay Sayers won’t even give it a try. Tell me do you think monkeys said to evolution "na i think ill stick to 4 legs"? lol

The ignorance in this post is palpable.

I need a shower now.

Edited by Kestral9999

Count me out.

Sorry; I just think it is unnecessary.  Perhaps a 1st person view in Dojo or Hubs.

^That could actually work as long as they don't display the warframe's body. It'd be really simple to add, I should think.

Regardless, DE has expressed multiple times that they have no interest in pursuing a first person mode for the game.

A top hat also doesn't require every single model, animation, and texture to be modified so it displays properly in first-person without looking absolutely awful.

What about just removing your head model and just putting the camera in roughly first person.

Like an oculus rift mode, take tf2 OR as an example

I keep seeing this stupid argument about how you will just get dizzy when doing spins and whatnot...

Ever thought of keeping the camera facing in direction the player wants? No? Well trust me it works well, many games do that to avoid making you dizzy Skyrim for example...

Or simply making it transition to third person for the duration of parkour, coptering, flipping, etc.

Either way, it's a moot point since DE has expressed no interest in it.

The same was said about a top hat in one of the first devstreams. 

Limbo´s top hat is not a cosmetic you can decide to have or not, it´s part of the warframe design and does nothing really. Making a first person mode for a game is something completely different.

What about just removing your head model and just putting the camera in roughly first person.

Like an oculus rift mode, take tf2 OR as an example

Lmfao it's no where near that simple. You need different textures for first person weapons, not to mention the fact that melee and wall running would be nasuating and the last time this was shut down DE talked about how they would basically need to completely redo how warframes interact with their environment to get this to work, including simple stuff like the distance doors open at, which would be different for players in first and 3rd person.

Lmfao it's no where near that simple. You need different textures for first person weapons, not to mention the fact that melee and wall running would be nasuating and the last time this was shut down DE talked about how they would basically need to completely redo how warframes interact with their environment to get this to work, including simple stuff like the distance doors open at, which would be different for players in first and 3rd person.

im not on about conventional first person, i mean like most oculus games do where they use the world models but just remove the character head and have the camera in a  position where the weapon is in roughly the right position. it might not be as polished as most first person games but it would satisfy most people.

Example: tf2 in oculus mode 

, compare to normal view Edited by Noobsdie4eva

I have to agree with DE in not adding it.

First person coptering and melee combos and dodge rolls and flips = vomit comet. 

But camera don't need to move 360 no scope. It can just be static. Oblivion did it already. In Third Person mode character turned around 360 and slash while in First person mode you chose camera direction and just slash, Camera did not moved 360* around.

That same with back fliping it should not make camera move bakc balbla and etc. Player just chose with mouse which direction camera should move.

Example video, maybe here you don't have spin attacks and etc, but thats how it should work. Always player have control of camera 100% of the time, that same is in Oblivion.

Edited by IfritKajiTora

I give an absolute NO for this suggestion, it would only make Warframe same as any other shooting game.

You..do realize there are TONS of third person shooters, right?

Seriously, I don't understand all the hate for this(And I know the fanboys would be slobbering all over this if DE said they WERE going to do it), nor do I understand the "Go back to CoD/MLG" insults(Which is just kinda childish in my opinion).  While I do prefer third person, more options is always nice and it doesn't seem like it'd be too terribly hard to do.  It'd also be a nice way to tie into the Oculus Rift.

Course, if DE doesn't want to do it, that's perfectly fine, it's their game.  I just don't understand the backlash, I suppose.

Definitely not.

A TPS played in FPS => cheat

A FPS played in TPS => pointless

The only thing i want is being able to turn my sentinel invisible for my point of view.

FPS players are at the disadvantage, bub.

Due to their limited perspective.

Or was it a typo?

Edited by Jinryusai