Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ember: Surviving Canadian Winters

[DE]Grineeer

These are all positive changes. However if the abilities keep lacking utility then the buffs still won't be enough in long term. These changes still won't motivate me to use ember for high level like defence or survival. But its a good step. I'm glad her armour finally got a buff at least.

How about change it so that Embers abilities do a certain % fire damage depending on the enemy level? Just an idea. That way she can keep up on high level.

Now that is what I'm talking about!

Not in any way trying to take credit, because I bet I was not the only person who witnessed the glory of the Arson Eximus effect and made a thread requesting it... but that addition is just what I wanted to see out of Fireblast.

The base speed buff however is probably my favourite tweak, and a pleasant surprise, Ember was always too squishy to be that slow!

Thanks DE.

So, Ember. Ember is one of our oldest Warframes and her abilities and stats are often a 'hot' discussion item. Her model, powers, stats have received changes in the past, and we find ourselves back again taking a look at what we can tweak.

Here are some coming changes to Ember that you'll be able to try out soon, we're hoping to have these shipped in a week or two on PC:

Statistic Changes:

-          Base Stamina increased to 150.

-          Base armour increased to 100 (125 for Ember Prime)

-          Movement Speed increase.

Ability Changes:

-          Fire Blast has had a mechanic added. In addition to placing a ring of fire on casting location, it -will now also generate a growing wall of fire (like the Arson Eximus ability).

-          World On Fire is now a toggle ability with a 50 Energy cost on cast. It will drain energy over time as well as consider your power duration (affected by mods).

-          World on Fire has had its casting time reduced.

As usual... this is all subject to change, this is just a quick look at what the plans are.

Well...I'm liking this. My current Ember build is vaguely suicidal; Steel Charge, get into melee, only Vitality, Retribution (FYI this mod is awesome guys) and Rage between me and unpleasant death if I mess up in melee. So far I have actually managed to survive in pure Melee in T3 Void missions so far, if things go south, but it's...prone to exploding. And death. So the Armour will be quite nice.

If I understand correctly, Steel Fibre will give Ember 210 Armour, and Ember Prime 262.5 (Not sure how that rounds off). That's...pretty nice, considering she's still primarily a 'Caster' frame.

Looking forward to trying it all out when it rolls along.

Grineeer: Waa repri lo pork abli lo forkier!!

NewTenno: dafaq did he say?

VeteranTenno: Its Old Grineer language son, and he just said that.... Ember got buffed.....

NewTenno: ......

VeteranTenno: .......

NewTenno & VeteranTenno:

I always appreciated the work of DE. It's nice seeing they're working hard to emprove more the game.

Just... these are Quality Of Life changes, not a rework.
Are we really sure these changes will change the actual situation?

I understand they didn't touch Fireball because with the correct build it can bring up 3-4k damages for a single cast, Accelerant is awesome as it is now, WoF is half decent.

The ill tooth is Fire Blast, which is situational and doesn't fit in the skillset. It would need a replacement, not more effects.
Why giving a pushback to this so deemed "worst skill"?
Emproving Ember's mobility, emphasizing its versatility and still mantaining a bad-working stationary skill?

I don't want to ruin the happy atmosphere, I'd just want to give something to think about.

Thanks DE, keep it up.

Edited by Burnthesteak87

So, Ember. Ember is one of our oldest Warframes and her abilities and stats are often a 'hot' discussion item. Her model, powers, stats have received changes in the past, and we find ourselves back again taking a look at what we can tweak.

Here are some coming changes to Ember that you'll be able to try out soon, we're hoping to have these shipped in a week or two on PC:

Statistic Changes:

Ability Changes:

-          Fire Blast has had a mechanic added. In addition to placing a ring of fire on casting location, it -will now also generate a growing wall of fire (like the Arson Eximus ability).

-          World On Fire is now a toggle ability with a 50 Energy cost on cast. It will drain energy over time as well as consider your power duration (affected by mods).

As usual... this is all subject to change, this is just a quick look at what the plans are.

Thank you so much thank you.

Awesome changes!!! Thanks for the heads up!!! This looks awesome, can't wait to try it out! Awesome that an old prime will now have statistical advantages over its regular counterpart too! :-) Arson eximus blast for the freaking win!

Also movement speed equals faster all together right? Not just while sprinting? Because this is amazing if so (one of Saryns old arcane helmets had + movement speed). I suppose this will be her "innate" thing? Sort of like Mesa without a melee equipped, or mirages super fast rolls?

Oh one more request, Can we add an enemy armor debuff to fire blast? Ember's great when the team has full corrosive projections but in most missions her heat damage will really fall off eventually. I think an armor debuff would solidify her place as a damage boosting frame on the team.

Yay for Ember review!

Statistic Changes:

To my mind, the movespeed/Stamina increase are the biggest thing here for non/copterers, respectively.

The armor's nice but not significant past mlvl ~20, for a frame lacking in a way to utilize it beyond as a straight-up pre-death buffer. (That said, Accelerant + Life Strike does gain a slight boost from this.)

(Compare and contrast with

Life Strike/Hysteria Valkyr, Saryn (rejuv aura, with or without molt aug), Oberon (Renewal) or Trinity (Blessing) - which can directly utilize and manipulate their health) - on the one hand, and

Turret-Mesa, Nova, Nekros (with or without Despoil), (SQ Banshee,) etc. who use Shields/HP as breathing space while their abilities 'spin up' as it were.)

I'm curious as to your rationale for these stat changes.

Ability Changes:

-          Fire Blast has had a mechanic added. In addition to placing a ring of fire on casting location, it -will now also generate a growing wall of fire (like the Arson Eximus ability).

Fire Blast - will have to try it out, see how it actually works ingame, but kneejerk reaction?  "YAY! :D"

WoF-toggle is a thing several people have suggested/asked for, and while I think it will help, it doesn't address the underlying problem (is it a problem, in your view?) that you can either mod for

Fireball/Accel (and now FB-Arson) nukemode (max str/eff, ignore anything else. i.e. min duration), or

WoF (and FB-ring, incidentally), in other words, a juggling act.

And yay for reduced WoF cast-time.

May actually free up a slot so I can accommodate modding WoF that much more.

I personally don't agree with the idea of WoF being a toggle ability, it will significantly increase the amount of energy she needs to use to do the same things she can now. 

When I use WoF with my build I get ~23sec of use for 70 energy. I'll wait to test this out for myself before I judge but how much energy would that same 23sec be equivalent to with this new mechanic?

@Ryjeon Also she isn't meant as a team damage booster, she is the team damage dealer. Her powers allow her to deal insane amounts of damage without relying on other warframes buffs (which would become the icing on the cake). You're not supposed to focus on your team when playing ember you focus on the enemies right in front of you and assault them with fire until they burn! If you want to buffer your team, play a different frame instead of trying to utilize the weakpoints of a warframe who's strong point is is mobile self reliant dps.

Edited by Halisi