Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Will Old Arcane Helms Be Grandfathered In?

-Kryptic

New Arcanes? Are you talking about the "cosmetic enhancements" (Placeholder name) that was talked about on the Dev Stream?

Anyway I would keep your current arcane helms regardless, since if they do change them, they will most likely compensate people who have the helms at the time of the change. 

What I want to know is, will the new add-ons will replace the Arcane helmet stats or be in addition?  Maybe the Arcane Helmets wont be able to take them at all.

It will more likely replace the stats. (Since that would be a lot easier to implement than a blacklist of only a select few helms.)

Edited by Reidmaster

Don't like that this system is making a comeback in the way it is. I'd prefer Cosemetics remained COMPLETELY cosmetic.

But you can freely customize it, if you don't like something on a cosmetic you will be able to remove it. Think of it like adding extra bonuses in a new slot, just that slot happens to be in cosmetic helmet.

What I am curious is if they are limited to helmets, otherwise sucks for those without armor pieces and whatnot. (everybody has a helmet by default)

Personally I only have a problem with stats on cosmetics if they cannot be obtained without real money.

For a game like Warframe, I'd rather not have to pick the ugly-as-hell Rhino Vanguard because it's SO much better than Thrakk.

So, this solution isn't BAD, since it gives you the choice, but I still dislike the idea that I'll have to do something to my favorite helms or Syandanas and then be tied to those helms being my "do this like this" helm instead of "I think I'll wear this look today".

But it's a minor and personal gripe, and I'll likely get over it in no time.

But you can freely customize it, if you don't like something on a cosmetic you will be able to remove it. Think of it like adding extra bonuses in a new slot, just that slot happens to be in cosmetic helmet.

What I am curious is if they are limited to helmets, otherwise sucks for those without armor pieces and whatnot. (everybody has a helmet by default)

See above second paragraph.

Edited by Morec0

I thought DE removed arcane helmets because they did not like cosmetics with stats. Now from what you are saying, its making a comeback... ? Why not just re-introduce old arcane helmets?

They are adding the "stats" (since what we know so far is that they are not actual stats they are challenges that when completed buff you in some way for a certain time) as rewards and you actually have a choice of which item you use them on.

Why are people calling them arcanes? They are similar to arcanes, but they very much aren't exactly the same thing.

The devstream was very clear the stats will have a requirement like "get x headshots", arcanes have stats that are always active. These new cosmetic stats have no bearing on arcane helmets at all.

I thought DE removed arcane helmets because they did not like cosmetics with stats. Now from what you are saying, its making a comeback... ? Why not just re-introduce old arcane helmets?

Players were complaining that they wanted to use certain helmets, but some of the stats were not that helpful. You know how it goes, people prefer to have good looks.

In the meanwhile, I'll just enjoy my +15% efficiency butt-looking helmet on my Loki. 

Edited by RextintorZ

Personally I only have a problem with stats on cosmetics if they cannot be obtained without real money.

Why are people calling them arcanes? They are similar to arcanes, but they very much aren't exactly the same thing.

The devstream was very clear the stats will have a requirement like "get x headshots", arcanes have stats that are always active. These new cosmetic stats have no bearing on arcane helmets at all.

They are calling them arcanes because Steve said they might call them arcanes

Getting them only with money? C'mon we know our devs better than this. We already have to buy a majority of accessories out

They removed the statted helms because once corrupt mods came out the effect would inhibit achieving certain builds that were becoming for lack of a better word the meta

This imo is the result of two things. Devs not playing as much or hard as us and a lack of forethought

All I. All if I can't stack at least I e of each type onto an existing arcane I will be very sad

They are calling them arcanes because Steve said they might call them arcanes

He just said it was a good suggestion from chat. Nothing was set in stone, and really from scott's description of how they work, they are nothing like arcanes and much more similar to syndicate effects, syndicate weapons aren't called "arcane" either right?

Just calling them arcanes just confuses people who didn't see the stream into thinking the effects are the same as current arcanes.

I mean read the OP, the definition of being confused right there.

Edited by ReizoRyuu