Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma, The New Dragon Frame (Re-Megathread)

Qynchou

I have no issues with concept-art and finalised product being very far apart. Zephyr really is a great example since of how well this can work.

Chroma was never shown, neither was Limbo, not even basic ideas.

Those were misstakes.

My point?

There is no telling at all if they will listen to anything we have to say.

When it comes to artistic design, it's real simple: they will listen, but they will not change anything.

They have never budged against community opinion in matters of artistic design.  It's their way or the highway, take it or leave it.  People who believe DE will cave are either naive or new around here.

Yes thats becaus ehis entire head isn't the dragon head. He's a guy wearing a dragon headdress... which makes the proportions work

to illustrate how that deforms the profile with this picture the wolf's jaw starts an inch past their forehead:

Neat.  pictured: dragons

fig4.jpg

Those are alligator/crocodile heads. Don't make them out to be what they are not.

They have long snouts. DE even said he was based off of Eastern dragons and luck.

They said that (maybe). And yet all those images posted in megathread of those eastern dragons don't look like Chroma.

Only Leafy Sea Dragon is similiar to him (and that's a sea horse). 

Edited by tocorro

They have long snouts. DE even said he was based off of Eastern dragons and luck.

They said one of his skills was based on luck, never said anything about his visuals being based of eastern dragon. And even if they had he still wouldn't look like one.

DE did not say that chroma was based of off eastern dragons.

De said that they were taking inspirations from MANY different types of dragons including eastern and luck dragons.

DE did not say that chroma was based of off eastern dragons.

De said that they were taking inspirations from MANY different types of dragons including eastern and luck dragons.

Oh it's based off lots of different types of dragons? So posting any single type of dragon won't look like it? Edited by immolator1001

And you can post your BS even more times and i still will tell you that you are firetruckin blind.

To all chroma haters go into the rift and never comeback please.

No, we have a right to express our displeasure. YOU go into the rift and never come back for even suggesting that we have no right to express our opinions.

Oh it's based off lots of different types of dragons? So posting any single type of dragon won't look like it?

Even considering many many dragons merge together, Chroma doesn't look the part. I never had seen a dragon with such LONG and THIN snout. Like ever. Maybe somebody somewhere drew a picture of such creature, trying to be original. But it just doesn't look alright. 

Edited by tocorro

They said one of his skills was based on luck, never said anything about his visuals being based of eastern dragon. And even if they had he still wouldn't look like one.

^^^

This right here.

No matter what people say there is not much inspiration of an eastern dragon in the helmet, let alone the actual frame which is what matters.

We all know there will be an alternate helmet. That is what DE does when a new frame comes out.

Please tell me exactly what is "eastern dragonish" about that helmet. Give me the details. 

The snout is too long and narrow for it to be an eastern dragon. It should be more blunt and less stretched. Less long as well.

The body of chroma is, lets admit it, not very dragonish, of any variation. It is more infested than anything else. 

The body is what I am mostly concerned about because that is what we wont be able to change.

We can all agree that the body of most dragons is streamlined and not as....corpulent as what chroma has. 

My take on Chroma is that of a dragonslayer and is using his marks body to decorate his armor, except there is no dragons in warframe so he's using the biggest most powerful creatures to decorate his armor. The infested.

And what we were told we were getting was a dragon frame.

Not a hunting-infested-in-an-attempt-to-look-like-a-dragon-frame frame.

Base point, we were not given what was advertised. 

Oh it's based off lots of different types of dragons? So posting any single type of dragon won't look like it?

Its true that no single dragon will look like an amalgam of dragons. 

Regardless, even as an amalgam of different dragons it is hard to discern where the long, thin, cone like snout with a bulbous tip would come from.

Of course the conversation was Scott expressing his design for how the powers would work and Steve chiming in on it....

It was not about the visual design anyway.....

When it comes to artistic design, it's real simple: they will listen, but they will not change anything.

They have never budged against community opinion in matters of artistic design. It's their way or the highway, take it or leave it. People who believe DE will cave are either naive or new around here.

This is not my point.

Zephyr IS based on a fan-concept. It took them a while to make it official, but it is.

The Mios and Enemies of the Tenno-enties are all very close to their oroginal concepts.

Chroma's appearance divides people. It is the first thing in this game I have ever felt did not belong here. And lets be honest, there are MANY things in the game.

Of course they wont change something just because of the forum. But why not share it with us when it is something we want?

I feel this is on Scotts table since he have been very defensive of late, and seem to have been in charge of this warframe.

All I am saying is that by sharing the WIP with us, they can at least be prepared for this kind of reaction. And that is good EVEN if they don't do a thing about it after.

Otherwise, say its a theme requested and will shock the veterans of the game (Vets, are you shocked yet?), and leave it at that.

If surprise is that important and our oppinions will not change a thing, then just keep it all secret intill release.

This is not my point.

Zephyr IS based on a fan-concept. It took them a while to make it official, but it is.

The Mios and Enemies of the Tenno-enties are all very close to their oroginal concepts.

Chroma's appearance divides people. It is the first thing in this game I have ever felt did not belong here. And lets be honest, there are MANY things in the game.

Of course they wont change something just because of the forum. But why not share it with us when it is something we want?

I feel this is on Scotts table since he have been very defensive of late, and seem to have been in charge of this warframe.

All I am saying is that by sharing the WIP with us, they can at least be prepared for this kind of reaction. And that is good EVEN if they don't do a thing about it after.

Otherwise, say its a theme requested and will shock the veterans of the game (Vets, are you shocked yet?), and leave it at that.

If surprise is that important and our oppinions will not change a thing, then just keep it all secret intill release.

Oh I am shocked. 

Shocked at DE letting their aesthetic flair slip below par.

Been playing since open beta and I have not questioned the aesthetic choices DE has made very much at all and when I did question it was for a valid reason, not just because I did not like the look. Chroma has me utterly confused at what DE was thinking. I am not happy with the design but I think that is fairly self evident from my statements so I will spare everyone a rant.

visually, i do not like the head part. but an alt helm might fix it

i am noticing that new male frames are always so bulky, 

a normal physique-excalibur or volt like body with details would be good 

i hope chroma's abilities wouldnt end to be like an ember

i hope for his abilities to be fun and useful, utility based skillsets tend to be really fun

i enjoy a frame that can protect a pod on a t4def alone, (nyx) i feel good when playing like that. 

was there an announcement for his abilities? 

Edited by Ritchel

-snip-

First of all i didn't say all and saying most is completely fine from what i understand as it does not encompass all. Most posters that complained have mentioned wanting a similar look to that particular concept. If you insist on arguing that then think of it as another useless poll they made. 

"Outside of combat consists of ship, dojo and relay time. I'm suggesting that it's ok for people to care about how a frame looks in those times.

can they swap frames to something more visually pleasing to them? sure. But does that mean they can't prefer to just a have a frame with visuals they like?"

Do you see how silly that sounds? It's ok for people to care about their frame looks obviously. Can they switch to a frame they like looking at when not in combat? Yes they can. Does this make it ok to whine, complain, and ask for a different appearance for a Warframe other people may like the look of? No. They can just switch to a different frame that they think looks better. If you want an example, this would be like me raging at DE for making hydroid unappealing to my eyes when i'm not in combat and expecting them to change his entire appearance based on my opinion. 

No need to clarify anything. I know exactly what traditional dragon means. The thing is you and others expect people know exactly what qualifies as traditional dragon, when you know it is a subjective term. Even the people using the term several times, have compared the term traditional dragons to videos games and that is proof in itself that it is subjective and based on what the individual is exposed to. If i were to ask several people to draw a traditional dragon it most likely will not be the same thing. 

Already know weird isn't a bad thing. The way you use it seemed to be in a negative way. Do i need to explain how your statement was perceived in a negative way?