Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma, The New Dragon Frame (Re-Megathread)

Qynchou

It is confirmed that Chroma is obtained through quest given by Simaris or involving Simaris. Also in last prime time I think Rebecca hinted that his appearance changes based on abilities used I might have misunderstood it though. Also alt helmet is always there to fix things up.

I don't have problem just with his wierd trunk, nostril, flame spewing thingy. I know his head is below and all, but I just don't like the look of him in general: Arms look soggy and wierd very similar to infested tissue, torso looks very wide and bloated almost. Also the skin looks a lot like dried salted meat with that color scheme.

I don't just mind his nostril thing that will probably be sorted with alt helmet, the entirety is a bit mnjeh. I do hope his abilities will be completely opposite of his looks and comes out as a "Decent" warframe.

But thats just... excal... with a raptor head... on it...

Dr-Perry-Cox-dr-perry-cox-31479653-273-2

This melodramatic disapproval of Chroma is getting a bit silly.

ahh but you see, with that design at least we know they weren't trying. and it's funny. +2 approval

I don't think that is what he meant when he posted that. He means replies like yours or anything that is just people bickering over his appearance. We can speculate on what each of his abilities might do or be like, since they change in damage type(and function too?) with energy color. Chroma could theoretically have 16 abilities in a sense if they change function with his 4 elements.

Yeah, I went back and changed my post after re-reading that post. I guess I'm just wanting to know what exactly entails "intelligent conversation. I mean, it's easy to say that saying that something looks good or not isn't "intelligent". I mean, when some people say that the design doesn't look like a dragon, with their supporting "evidence", and others say that it does look like a dragon, with their supporting "evidence", is that not "intelligent"? We can speculate on the abilities and such, but we can't discuss datamined information, and all of the abilities (and only what their names are, really) are datamined information. But we can, with certainty, discuss the design, as yes, that is a big part of the frame. Thing is, we've discussed the design a whole lot. And a lot of that was in the old megathread. So, in my opinion, there isn't much reason to even discuss Chroma at this point. The teaser website will reveal Chroma, and maybe some more about him, at which point we can discuss more about him. But for now, I'd argue that we have had some "intelligent" discussion, at least regarding his design (and some speculation on certain abilities).

-Snip-

"I thought it was some sort of infested/ant eater hybrid." orignal.

"but I would like to leave a message to DE and that is please don't make chroma as hard or harder to get then mesa."

you should have just started the thread with"DE please make Chroma's drops easier then mesa" instead of starting off with what chroma looks like cause trust me the chroma megathread has that well under control.

"even though Ive only used 2 alad keys RNG has still screwed me over with 2 helms." That doesn't sound like much of an effort no offense.

Edited by -Jack.Of.Blades-

Hydroid wasn't hard to get if you rolled an organized party that knew what their target was and how to properly deal with them. Having a Nekros also drastically helped.

Not to be rude but what's your point?

Is there anything in this game that isn't vastly easier when you've got an organized party who all know what to do ahead of time including a nekros?

The teaser image showed at tennolive didn't give him justice,people misunderstood the design of chroma,

The anteater part is NOT his face xD

But i will say no more :3

#teasingeveryday

#preparetoreconsider

Oh I am prepared to reconsider. But until I am forced to reconsider my answer remains the same. 

Chroma does not follow the dragon theme enough with his appearance and he is ugly to boot. If his abilities change his looks to something more appealing then it only changes it when we use said abilities. Still does not stop him from looking ugly in the liset, dojo, or relay because we cant use abilities there.

Unfortunately mods cannot police the forums every moment of the day, they need rest too.  More unfortunate the fact that we cannot trust our community to "Keep it Classy".  Being honest?  I expect people to hound DE about this issue until the very day and even a week or two after Chroma Comes out, It's concerning to see the same people staying at it so long.  Oh well, more power to them if that's what they want to spend their free-time on.

Edit:  I must say however, have some confidence in DERebecca.  I haven't been lied to yet on anything that she has said and I am waiting on this Warframes abilities before I give my final verdict.

If the frame's abilities are good then I might relent.

If they are not then I will state why this frame is not what the community wanted for weeks after Chroma is released. 

We have exhausted every possible angle of this argument, all we can do now is wait. I hope to god I am wrong and chroma ends up being amazing but I have not gotten anywhere by being optimistic. Optimism and the internet do not mix.

I don't know, at first I hated Oberons design because I was expecting something more "paladin" like with armor and what not, but he has grown on me since his release and now he is one of my favorite frames visually and thematically. So while there are few things that are weird about Chromas design I fully expect that he will grow on me just like Oberon did. One thing I will say though is that they could have presented him much better way than they did, the video was too short to really see anything and the picture was very unflattering. Maybe a 360 spin around video would have been better to show him off.

But really my point is that we should wait and see how he looks in game before jumping to conclusions too quickly.

People just want some generic dude with a dragon head lol

Cause the only two options are generic dude with a dragon head and chroma's specific design? lol

The teaser image showed at tennolive didn't give him justice,people misunderstood the design of chroma,
#teasingeveryday
#preparetoreconsider

My argument would be that he shouldn't have an "anteater" part at all regardless of whether it is his face or not.

Of course I'm a reasonable type. Just give me a cool alt helmet and I'm good to go.

<-

1ay8LmL.gif

This is the greatest gif, used at the best moment.

Ridiculous of course...but hilarious!

Edited by Ronyn

But thats just... excal... with a raptor head... on it...

This melodramatic disapproval of Chroma is getting a bit silly.

Oh come on, you can't be serious. Chroma doesn't look that bad.

It's just a joke...

Though if you just remove the bottom jaw of the raptor so the bottom half of the helmet is visible...

you have something very similar to Chroma's head design only this version is more reptile and less seahorse.

Edited by Ronyn

#teasingeveryday

#preparetoreconsider

Ofc it isnt, if you pay attention its his FOREHEAD.

:)

1ay8LmL.gif

ok... that gave me a wtf.

The Tube is a flamethrower on his head. In Prime Time they leaked 'A secret that will change your whole view on chroma' that will come.

Oh we know that ant-eater part isn't his face ;) And if this secret won't be : changing shape while leveling up (becoming more dragon like), then I will still be not that pleased with his body. Even if using skills in mission will make him grow scales and wings, he will still be not that great in Liset, Dojo, Relays. I really hope that secret is a permanent change and not only skill based.

Guys, it's not an ant-eater. Go do an image search for "chinese dragon". Chroma is inspired by those.  That style of dragon is prone to slender heads with long snouts, and whiskers or tendrils.

We know what an eastern dragon looks like. We have already established that it looks nothing like traditional eastern dragons. It is more along the lines of a seahorse or an anteater. (NO SEAHORSE DOES NOT = DRAGON, STOP SAYING IT DOES.)

Eastern dragons do not have a snout that long.