Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Omg Chromas New Helm! [Megathread]

XAvICoreZ

That was my point.

The fact that different people like different things needed no new proof. Its a well known fact of life. 

However it doesn't mean that DE "can't win". It means that victory isn't defined by some unrealistic expectation of pleasing everyone...

but on the realistic notion of pleasing enough. 

Edited by Ronyn

Proof that no matter what DE does people will still complain.

>Original helmet

DE Y U NO MAKE IT BETUR!

>Release different helemt

DE Y U CHNAGE IT! I LEIK IT B4

Poor Dev team, they just can't win

Like I mentioned in the Megathread for Chroma, Trying to please everyone often leads to pleasing no one.

I sure hope that new helmet has to be payed for, I want that original helmet out of the quest...

Like I mentioned in the Megathread for Chroma, Trying to please everyone often leads to pleasing no one.

I sure hope that new helmet has to be payed for, I want that original helmet out of the quest...

The new helmet has been confirmed as the default helmet for Chroma. The old one will likely be an alternate helmet.

I like the helmet change and the addition of the tail again. I am not to found of the melted wax figurine look of the armor as I rather it be more scaly but it is what it is.

It is a pelt, hence the description of the warframe.

"An adaptable hunter, proudly wearing a trophy claimed from a race long forgotten."

Edited by egregiousRac

It is a pelt, hence the description of the warframe.

"An adaptable hunter, proudly wearing a trophy claimed from a race long forgotten."

So? The pelt could have looked scaley. As one would expect if the pelt was taken from a scaled creature.

Well the Warframe Facebook page stated the current one is not an alt helmet, but I like it too. Find it strange that they suddenly redesigned it.

With so many of us complaining that no matter what the theme was, Chroma didn't have aesthetic appeal... I'd be more surprised if it wasn't redesigned.

So... to hell with those of us who liked the design? so maybe we should start pestering DE to finally change frost prime and Excalibur prime since they look like crap and their designer's word is obviously worth nothing now.

Saving this, and a few more, for future reference. These are my exact thoughts.

This entire day, between classes and free time (which I had a lot of during 4th period), I've been contemplating whether or not I should quit this game. The community sank lower. Pretty soon, we'll be Dota 2, TF2, etc. I'm considering leaving this NOW god forsaken toxic waste bin of a community (which I hope is temporary) for the sake of my sanity and time.

Edited by LazerSkink

With so many of us complaining that no matter what the theme was, Chroma didn't have aesthetic appeal... I'd be more surprised if it wasn't redesigned.

Was expected to be dragon.

But was .... seahorse on two legs with chunks of meat attached to it.

Now it looks demon.

Was expected to be dragon.

But was .... seahorse on two legs with chunks of meat attached to it.

Now it looks demon.

That's what I said. 

It went from Sea Horse to Chinese Dragon and then to Demon. o -o

Rebecca confirmed on facebook that it is not an alt helmet.

Meaning they either changed the original helmet, or each skill that Chroma uses = new helmet is equipped.

Must get our hands on it soon.

customer satisfaction > Artistic vision

Not quite. The customer has no more authority over a creative industry product/service than anywhere else. Clients that demand personally motivated changes to a design rarely show any interest in the kind of expertise these creative professionals bring to the table and are very tough to deal with because only "like" what is familiar to them. Saying this out of my own experience here.

DE opted to accept the criticism and changed the helm. That does not mean they should always do as the community say.

#snout4ever

Edited by steak

Saving this, and a few more.

This entire day, between classes and free time (which I've had a lot during 4th period), I've been contemplating whether or not I should quit this game. The community sank lower. Pretty soon, we'll be Dota 2, TF2, etc. I'm considering leaving this NOW god forsaken toxic waste bin of a community (which I hope is temporary) for the sake of my sanity and time.

Huh what am I to make of this comment? it's not even clear if you mean "saving this" as in saving them for future reference for your decision or saving this as except this? oO As for the community itself the bigger it grows the more faults in it amplify, you also have to consider how long people have been around and how this affects their responses to announcements and discussions in the forums. Still I'd say it's pretty good especially in game.