Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Has Mesa Ruined Warframe?

mmcareen

Hello Tenno, the topic I would like to talk about today is Mesa.  Has she completely ruined the game or is she the best thing to ever happen?  I like to know what everyone opinion is on this, I got mixed feelings myself.  I liked her when she first came out, but i'm starting to think now she is well over used. If you look in recruiting all you see is H - Darco need mesa, H- T4D need mesa and gmag - Hosting T1D - need mesa and frost. 

Its actually come to the point where when people join your key they tell me what frames to run and what you need or a what no mesa and they leave.  Its everything need mesa.  20 waves in a T1D and you need mesa.  That's just crazy if you ask me. 

I have gone 60 waves in a T4D with nova, sayrn, frost and rhino, 80 minutes in a T4S with a loki, gmag, rhino and level 18 unpotato'd frost no trouble and 85 minutes in a ODS with a Nova, Nekros, Ash and Oberon and the Oberon was fully leveled up either.  We did start having trouble around 75 minutes though.  And you know what.... all that was FUN.

I do understand why people want mesa for T4D, and i'm not bad mouthing anyone who do, i'm guilty off it myself, so please no rude comments.  I'm actually just looking for everyone idea on the subject.  I do honestly hope that mesa gets nerf just because she is way over used.  way more then Excalibur for rep farm, is you have a mesa or you don't play.  Shes at the point where DE is going to have to make her a start farm just for the new people to play.  and you know it is coming, they nerfed Excalibur because every second post was need excaliber for rep farm.  now its every 7 out of 8 posts need mesa for everything.  they also patched e-gate to prevent afk farming and that is kinda what mesa, frost, gmag does.

So I'm what do my fellow Tenno think, I kinda got both views but leaning towards shes a bad thing but I'm sure there are lots of people who will disagree with me.  Just remember, please keep it clean

Equation of game ruining in quite complicated.

Add following:

Bad tile designs.

Bad mechanics.

Bad frame designs.

Bad mod designs.

Horrible grind.

Crawling progression and grindwalls everywhere.

Affinity and credit nerfs.

Lazy players.

And some others.

In the end you get game which is in current state. I just hope new starchart will solve half of these issues.

Mesa's not the one ruining the game, it's the player who uses her.

The community is what ruins a game

mostly this^^

Anyways its obvious why squads for t1 def or t2 ask for mesa xD the mesa can easy solo those 2 towers with peacemaker.. same goes for a  few waves on draco (they dont want to do a thing)

I think if they just got rid of aim bot and add actual skill to peacemaker a lot off issues would be fixed. Mesas design is one of my favorites, sadly she is one of the most boring frames to use. Never understood why they made peacekeeper make you stand in place in a game so revolved around mobility.

Edited by OumaNoUta

Equation of game ruining in quite complicated.

Add following:

Bad tile designs.

Bad mechanics.

Bad frame designs.

Bad mod designs.

Horrible grind.

Crawling progression and grindwalls everywhere.

Affinity and credit nerfs.

Lazy players.

And some others.

In the end you get game which is in current state. I just hope new starchart will solve half of these issues.

with all of that in mind what are you doing here? because that long list says i hate warframe

Edited by -Ignis_Fatuus-

Peacemaker leaves much to be desired for Engaging Gameplay, but it's not the fault of the Warframe here.

as many other Warframes have been used for the same thing for years.

being the best candidate at any time for taking advantage of a problem does not mean you've created the problem.

Edited by taiiat

I think people are overly dependant on Mesa.

Mesa can carry the team to 30 or so waves, really those waves are easy to begin with. Beyond that she increasingly is less effective. In reality she does not get players any further in the game than before she was around.

The fact that people are always asking for her is the problem, people aren't thinking and just going for what everyone else looks for. Saryn is still a powerful nuker.

I think to blame anything on Mesa you'd also have to blame Frost for his globe.

Mesa's ult has the same problem as old M.Prime. It took DE a while but they eventually nerfed M.Prime and made it balanced. Hopefully they are working on doing the same for Peacemaker.

Personally, I haven't played her since they changed her Peacemaker animation. Previously she looked so elegant when switching targets in Peacemaker. Now she looks robotic.

Edited by Yinkuji

I agree with the whole "community not the frame" ruined the game... and peacemaker lacking player engagement, but if I HAD to choose a frame to blame it would be Greedy Mag, not Mesa. Greedy Mag is what's enabling the stationary farming gameplay and peacemakers impressive damage output on open maps.

Edited by AXCrusnik

with all of that in mind what are you doing here? because that long list says i hate warframe

Nah, i dont hate the game. I am just stating what brought current "Mesa sux" situation.

Or shall we pretend bad choices werent made in Draco and Mesa design?

Mesa is just the new nova

Nova ... i hated her so much

but after treads and treads..

DE succefully µReworked her and she is fine now , still powerfull but not OP crazy

MESA NEED TEARS

GIVE LOT OF TEARS AND SHE GONNA BE OK AFTER

TRUST ME

I don't think Mesa is the problem, I think the rest of the game needs to adapt. It's not like Mesa is the first AOE instagib frame to come along, she's just largely perfected AOE instagib in defense-type missions. Any other mission type, and she's good but not great.

The only thing that needs to happen to take Mesa down a peg is for enemies to be smarter (I say that while recognizing how much effort would have to go into creating a better AI). Draco's map layout has always been really conducive to farming strategies, so maybe altering that would be a good move as well.

I agree with the whole "community not the frame" ruined the game... and peacemaker lacking player engagement, but if I HAD to choose a frame to blame it would be Greedy Mag, not Mesa.

I also agree with this, greedy pull needs to either go entirely or needs a major major nerf. I think making it so items don't to though walls is a good start. Maybe even have a max range on it also.

Actually you're wrong , let's say Mesa get nerfed , and after all the people who will cry about this , what do you think going to happen? I'll tell you (anyways you guys can vote if you like )

A: People or tryng to tweak Mesa so they can get "her old power back"

B: Find a news warframe to abuse

C: "                                                  " and more people learn about it

D: "                                                                                                      " we're again back in the same situation , just another warframe ,anothers way to do it

Just think (Since I feel like you're new here) , about Nova in her time what happen? They nerfed her to death , what do you think happen?

Some Tweaked her even more, some found news ways to do even more easy... and it's repeat the same way/story

Actually you're wrong , let's say Mesa get nerfed , and after all the people who will cry about this , what do you think going to happen? I'll tell you (anyways you guys can vote if you like )

A: People or tryng to tweak Mesa so they can get "her old power back"

B: Find a news warframe to abuse

C: "                                                  " and more people learn about it

D: "                                                                                                      " we're again back in the same situation , just another warframe ,anothers way to do it

Just think (Since I feel like you're new here) , about Nova in her time what happen? They nerfed her to death , what do you think happen?

Some Tweaked her even more, some found news ways to do even more easy... and it's repeat the same way/story

All because some of base mechanics ( spawning, mob AI ) and older map designs are kinda bad.

Tho, adding frames that can kill everything in the range of 40+ meters around them wasnt the best call either. Nor was Greedy Pull augment.

DE themselves have most of the blame. I didn't need to go to Draco/Stephano to level up. I could go to T4 Survival/Defence get same amount of exp but with much better rewards but they decided to change it for what ever reason. They added Nullifiers and Bombards to make it harder but apparently to make the game harder you remove rewards.

rip rare r5 cores.

the thing is its either the frame problem or the player.

there is a grind system as for mmo normal nothing special and yet ppl going to set teams for the easiest way to achive things 

back then it was nova with insta mp vauban with hold whole waves in bastille and so on.

so either what DE nerf buffs next frame group constellation is arround the corner 

or a other example nyx before she lost energy cause of X amount of dmg  in absorb

banshee and energy cookies etc etc etc 

there will always be a away or a draco or a push 1 buttom farm no way to change it