The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pc 16.9.0: Excalibur Feedback Megathread

[DE]Rebecca

Excal is fun again! Huzza!

I never used superjump as air melee was my go-to mobility skill. Before, radial blind was pretty much the only thing that I used, Now Excalibur is a frame where I'm using all the skills. The melee focused skill set really has a nice flow to it and it feels rewarding to combine skills and melee attacking in to deadly combos.

OK  new SnD needs to goooooo.

That ability is way too erratic when it comes to targeting enemies.

That thing is just a mess right now .

We probably got this change since we already got 2 abilities that hit multiple enemies but this version is just bad.

Low levels it may be fine but higher up all this does is get you into trouble.

And it will probably get new players into trouble if they dont have the proper mods.

Bring the original back or, hek, put SJ as his first ability.

OK  new SnD needs to goooooo.

That ability is way too erratic when it comes to targeting enemies.

That thing is just a mess right now .

We probably got this change since we already got 2 abilities that hit multiple enemies but this version is just bad.

Low levels it may be fine but higher up all this does is get you into trouble.

And it will probably get new players into trouble if they dont have the proper mods.

Bring the original back or, hek, put SJ as his first ability.

Ran around with it on T3, wrecked enemies (though I had Exalted Blade up to go with it).

Doing it wrong.

u stab heaveies and gunners others u just shoot :)

Trouble is, I'm a melee kind of guy. And when I radial blind a group of enemies, I intend to get my melee counter stacking those multipliers. Instead, i'm forced into a slow, single target finisher per strike.

If the prisma skin (body) wasn't so... well frankly bad (sorry DE :c) then it wouldn't be overpriced at all. (seriously though, its like the entire suit is 1 color... why is such a big area without any detail all the same color- my inner artist is screaming)

I had a chance to really sit down and play my excal tonight and see the new changes. I must say I am very very happy with them. This breathed new life into my tired old excal. Thank You! The only complaints I have are what many others mentioned, some wonky hitbox stuff and scaling on the new slash dash needs to be adjusted a bit (I do understand the syndicate mod will factor in heavily to this as well). The new ult is beyond amazing. Like some others mentioned the skills all now seem to compliment each other very nicely and it flows so smoothly. I think that is much more important than damage scalings and such...flowing combat makes a huge difference in game play. 

Not getting it.

I was expecting Prisma Excalibur to be a separate Excal alternative with Excal Prime stats for those of us that don't have Excal Prime, not just a skin I'd have to pay for again, as for the ''make money somehow'' argument, I figure the countless other items do that well enough, along with Prime Access.

Consider this, I already have Proto Excal skin and the Immortal Excal skin, why in gods name would I need a third skin I when I won't ever stop using my Proto Excal skin?

Edited by CenturyNitro

It's single target. Low DPS.

It's also a one-hit kill on most targets. Depending on the level of your foes (i.e. if enemies take more than two quick melee attacks to kill while blinded) it might be more kills per minute even if it doesn't feel like it

Helmets == 75, right?

75x3=235.

Skins are 40

235+40=275..

You get a discount with this.

Stop whining.

or be like me and get people to buy you stuff because you're frickin awesome.

79c3721c1a5a0c0346980a018914b258.jpg

Edit: WHY HAS NO ONE FLAMED THIS GUY FOR SAYING YOU ONLY GET 2 HELMETS WHEN YOU CLEARLY GET 3??

( <3 )

Edited by InhibitedFox

I love the rework, but the nerfed Javalin is kinda weak. I think the target limit should be removed, the damage lowered SLIGHTLY, and make the ability launch enemies flying, and knock them down. This makes it more of a crowd-clearing ability, used to disperse groups of enemies, whereas Blind holds them in place. It could also allow players to use ground finishers on enemies, making for more synergy with the new melee theme.

Used to be uninterested in Excal, but this rework has made me fall in love with 'im. Thanks so much DE! :D

I love the rework, but the nerfed Javalin is kinda weak. I think the target limit should be removed, the damage lowered SLIGHTLY, and make the ability launch enemies flying, and knock them down. This makes it more of a crowd-clearing ability, used to disperse groups of enemies, whereas Blind holds them in place. It could also allow players to use ground finishers on enemies, making for more synergy with the new melee theme.

That could work :D

I was leveling up Excal the slow way, and oh dear god does Slash Dash feel terrible at low levels.  It's partially because of all of the bugs that are listed, but it also doesn't feel like it has enough range.  Old Excal's Slash Dash was something that could be used at those low levels, and his pre-30 is something that should really be looked at with Excal being a starting frame.