Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please Stop Putting Frames Behind Archwing Content

TennoPain

In my opinion the biggest problem is how hard they make the archwing to get for newbie players. Many temporarily give up on the quest and thus don't get an early start on archwing because it can be difficult to find a group to help sometimes, and the excavation part of the quest is really hard on a poorly equipped player. 

You have to keep trying excavators, not knowing if you'll actually get the piece you need that time. I remember it being an enormous pain when I was new. I think they should break it up into getting each piece guaranteed from simpler, easier missions. Instead of a new player having to do an endless excavation in an attempt to finally beat rng and get everything they need. 

Because Archwing does not worth investing.

-You have to restart from scratch.

-Weapons parts requires more RNG, more Argon Crystal and more rare resources.

-Weapons research requires ridiculous grind, DE makes it unappealing and that's the source of hate.

-Even a basic mod cost you too much time to farm, a health mod you'll never seen.

-It's a totally waste to invest over 300 R5 on merely increasing flying speed or energy efficiency.

-Half-baked map navigation, DE has no intention to fix even it's just a waypoint.

-Overpowered enemies including "Fires bullet that can't be dodged" or "Taking you down with nonstop homing missles coming from 360 degrees".

-Laughable Volt Prime Access Pack, including a primed garbage and an underused frame.

-Overhyped Sharkwing lead to disappointment due to density of environment hazard, disgusting shark with 100% slash proc, disgusting toxic cloud with 100% toxin proc and disgusting Kulstar bombards you in the small cave.

-No logic. A gun fires with velocity does not do hit-scan but a pea-shooter could. An explosive launcher has 200m firing limits while an interception tower is 3000m away. And now we have arc-Soma and reaper prime, what's next? Boltor again?

Edited by VCaptiion

Im using Atlas.

It took me 4 tries to get all parts solo.

I heard that in a team it's harder, it wasnt.

Why? Cause i played enough A-wing to get enough mods to not pop into the J3 fight with brand new equipment.

Yes, it's difficult to for people that dont play that game mode but guess what?

You can purchase him with plat. All that playing should have given you enough parts to sell to pick him up.

Theres only ONE warframe out of all of them in an Archwing mission. Sorry pal but Archwing is here to stay. Instead of trying to fight it, try to offer feedback to DE instead .

Well technically you can't do the Tyl Regor fight without an archwing, even though you aren't really using it significantly -- so there's Equinox and Atlas that require an archwing to get to. 

Edited by Tesseract7777

they are trying to use a FPS shooter game engine, to be a space combat engine.  instead of developing a space combat engine with better HUD.

it would be better if i could find better groups instead of bringing up the rear all the time

Actually the original Unreal had a map with a similar feeling to what we get with Archwing. (floaty space behaviour). This was present in the Unreal tournament 2003,04 with a vehicle in onslaught mode (i think it was the raptor?) Infact come to think of it the flight physics on the raptor in ut2003/04 are almost identicle to our current Archwing space physics.

Edited by CarrotSalad

Well technically you can't do the Tyl Regor fight without an archwing, even though you aren't really using it significantly -- so there's Equinox and Atlas that require an archwing to get to. 

The first frame that needed an Archwing was LImbo, so we have 3 frames that can only be obtained if you own Archwing.

All Archwing really needs is TLC.

I feel like integrating it into regular gameplay would be the best rout because then you'd have an actual stake at what happens in archwing. It'd just be keeping your gear up to date for parts of a mission

Are you referring to the way normal gameplay shifts in archwing mid missions like with j3-golem because that is a terrible approach to solving the current issues that revolve around archwing. Forcing people to play a broken game mode does nothing more than increase the disdain for that said mode.

If DE honestly wanted to fix archwing they would stop trying to add all these new twists for a while and actually rework the core issues it already has. 

Edited by Cubewano

I like the general gameplay of archwing. When playing without anything on mind its fun. 

What I hate is the archwing weapon grind. It worse than void item grind. 

It doesn't have much to offer in content. 

Leveling is really slow even with xp boosters.

It needs a lot of polishing. We need a 360 degree angle turn.

It has a lot of bugs.

Sharkwing suffers the worst of all the issues. The maps are messy, navigation isn't accurate and its buggy.

Because of all these issues I also don't think warframes should be locked behind archwing content. It should be fixed first. Then it should be okay.

The first frame that needed an Archwing was LImbo, so we have 3 frames that can only be obtained if you own Archwing.

I suppose, although you can kind of get around that with Limbo. That missions reward it as part of the actual mission reward, and they come in excavations. So technically you can never do archwing, and just tag along with someone when they do the excavations and get Limbo that way. This is how I obtained Limbo when I was new. 

Of course, someone still had to get archwing and start the quest, just pointing out there's a sort of loophole/workaround there. I hadn't finished my archwing quest yet when I got Limbo. 

Don't talk for me mr self-appointed majority's voice thanks ^

Now as it has been said, i hope for archwing expansion and improvement for now it's more or less at an alpha state.

I understand Archwing has some problems.

-controls

-AI

-enemy size/scaling

-no connection to the main games weapons/frames/sentinel/kubrows etc.

-lack of tiles

-lack of diversity in weapon/archwing loadouts

But I think none of these problems are big enough to justify Archwings removal. I think they should remove the void :) Because those big open dull tiles and awfully stale enemies are 10x more boring than any Archwing mission has ever provided to me. I think you are onto something though on using Archwing for the quest to Atlas. But then i think it is a frame we can buy for (iis it 265p?) So you can still get it through void/mod farming.

you forget the actual boring music (though it pair well with the new archwing def to fall asleep)

The OP is right, Until DE can make it a solid game mode they should keep from putting frame parts in it. There are just so many issues with archwing it shouldn't even be considered.

The little fixes they recently made helped but it didn't change much of anything for archwing. So far I still consider it a failed game mode... One I try to actively avoid.

I do it because I'm not given much of a choice, either farm the parts or pay for the frame with platinum.

DE hasn't made a frame in a long time that I just HAD to have, so i'll farm until they do. But it sucks that parts are put behind certain walls like archwing when they are not willing to truly improve the overall experience and just put band aids on it.

In my experience, most people actually do enjoy Archwing in terms of just the combat mechanics and mission types.

The problem with Archwing is it's just not very rewarding to play because Archwing and space weapon progression is so slow in comparison to Warframe and ground weapon progression.  It's just boring when you get so few mod drops, and most of your slots are empty because there's nothing to put in them, and all you have are a few random mods.

Hence: people quite enjoy Archwing per se, but don't play it as much as they otherwise would, because the systems need some improvement.

Edited by Omnimorph

Yeah, I'm going to agree that Archwing sucks, the melee combat is terrible much akin to the S#&$ty Bamham series. Variation both in terms of combat, enemies, and game modes is severely lacking. Hell Vanilla Warframe was a better combat experience than this missed opportunity.

Hence: people quite enjoy Archwing per se, but don't play it as much as they otherwise would, because the systems need some improvement.

Exactly, I like Archwing especially the new mob def, but the enemy level is so low. Archwing needs more variety. We have 1 gamemode on every planet, why not the same for Archwing?

Another problem is, there are only 3 Archwings and it was released 1 year ago. And the weapon grind is ridiculous. Just look at the Phaedra, if you are unlucky it takes ages to get the parts and it´s worse then the Imperator in terms of DPS.