Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prime Vault Opens! [Megathread]

DeadPrime

Wait, so can someone confirm this doubt for me? Will the farmable prime items (Frost, Reaper, and Latron Primes) be farmable again forever until they get vaulted again? Or, as this FAQ may suggest, only for a few weeks/months and then disappear? 

Edited by PrVonTuckIII

Sigh. I wish we could choose what we want to buy. I own Frost, Reaper and Latron Prime for quite a while, same with avatars. Why can't there be  accessory and "all-in-one" packs? I don't care about 1500 plat with it, most of us just want these accessories.. It worked perfectly with Prime Access, why not make it the same way here?..

in before all the salty Misa owners

Only a child gets salty about this. I own a Misa Prime. I've had my fun with it, now it's time other people got a chance to purchase it too. Hope many Tenno purchase this package.

My only concern is what does this mean for the future? There are some accessories that I missed that I wouldn't mind getting hold of. Do DE plan on going through all the PA packs in order of release?

Edited by (PS4)Redemption_015

Find it slightly lame that Misa wasn't being placed in a different boat, despite it never being in a separate accessory pack and only being obtainable by the top tier of PA. Sometimes I feel DE doesn't consider the whole picture making decisions.

Find it slightly lame that Misa wasn't being placed in a different boat, despite it never being in a separate accessory pack and only being obtainable by the top tier of PA. Sometimes I feel DE doesn't consider the whole picture making decisions.

I think it's quite the opposite, since it's the only accessory exclusive to a top tier PA and easily the most wanted they included it right now to get the cry out of the way early. (and to cash out for christmas)

Business is business after all.

Does this mean that they're going to add all the other "exclusive" items to future prime vault programs?

wouldn't that defeat the purpose of calling them exclusive in the first place?

It's exclusive in that it will only be obtainable from prime access, never sold for plat ingame. The only true exclusive will be derpscalibur prime and the other founders gear. 

DE you are so cruel at times. 

You offered that Misa Prime Sydana would come back. And it did. However the issue for me is that it cannot be purchased separately.

(In case anyone missed it. Here is context: https://warframe.com/prime-vault )

I do not need plat right now and every other item on the bundle is laready owned by me. 

Post in a nutshell: Miffed player who want a shini stuff but do not want to pay double. =(

GAH. I just paid a lot of platiumn to get the full frost prime set from someone only a few days ago. I was like "Oh, it will be a long time before THAT get re-released".

Oh well, at least it looks like this happened well before this announcement. I would have been upset if I had been taken advantage of XD

Edit: Oh wait, is this a PS4 only thing? I see an announcement for this in the PS4 section but not PC.

Edited by Matrixryu

This is no different in any way from the prime access they've been doing for ages.

The big differences as far as I can tell, it that there is one single Prime Vault pack instead of three levels of Prime Access + Prime Accessories, there will be no boosters as found in the Prime Accessories (to not impact on new Prime Accessories sales), and it's all at the Prime Accessories price point.

I'm guessing this means that they will continue to vault prime gear since they now have enough vaulted items for a year long hiatus (Frost comes back as Rhino disappears) from farming, and it will be on a similar rotation to Prime Access.

Since they are spreading the releases for different platforms out over a month, from a month before Prime Access to near simultaneous release, I figure they might be looking to find the optimal re-release date from different sales figures over the three platforms. EDIT: Strike that. It's the availability time slice. One month only.

If it goes on rotation like this however, it does imply that this is a single opportunity to get the prime accessories items and avatars again, as future Prime Vault releases will have other items rotating back in.

All in all, not a bad way to do it. Reasonable business decision.

EDIT: Since this is the Ember Prime accessories (there was no PA pack back then?) coming back with Frost Prime, it implies that the Targis Prime Armor set will come back around Christmas next year.

Edited by Kihana

To be honest it wasn't separate in the first instance anyways.

While the Misa was prior to Prime Accessories the issue still remains for all future Vaults we get.

Prime Access is separate for every other accessory, separate with the other 'exclusives' in the pack.

Plenty of players will have everything in these new vault packs except the old exclusives and if we don't get separate vault packs for them then people will be forced to spend more money than if they got them on their first instance and be loaded with items they already own.

Personally, i feel DE is doing this somewhat wrong. i feel they will earn more if they took out the frame and weapons, lowered the price and plat amount (probably 20-30$) and sell just the accessories while releasing the frame and weapon to be farmable like they were before they were vaulted. as it stands, i doubt it will sell as much given 1) alot of players have frost prime and his gear already. 2) there are players that have misa prime or the prime extractor. How it currently is, its pandering only to new players that joined after frost left, and not so much to players who've been playing for a while, but might have missed out on an accessory or 2 due to not having funds or not playing at the time

...Why did I pay $140 for that thing? And here I thought exclusivity actually meant something.

Now, let's all band together to inform me that "PA Accessories can rotate and DE told you that" like I don't already know.

I'm still disappointed in you, DE.

Everyone else can drink my salty tears.

Ahoy there. Brought a few buckets of salt with me, just enough to spread around to the peasants who couldn't afford Misa Prime in its glory days.

ever thought about people that weren't playing the game when misa PA was released?

Reducing the price by $10 and removing Frost/Reaper/Latron would be a fair tradeoff, maybe putting them in a separate higher tier.

Since the price is closer to Accessories than to the top tier bundle, it's not such a big deal though.