Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vazarin Polluted Waters Is Straight Trolling

Wotca

Once that new car smell fades away, all that is left is a very under whelming path system that I honestly believe has no real impact on game play at all; consumables are better than most them. I think a complete revamp is needed, most these paths are worthless and in OP case down right detrimental. Of the three paths I have tried now, only Zuni looks to be the only one worth using and that is being generous at best. And as others pointed out, the dps of these is less than an unpotatoe'd mediocre weapon; lame!

Edited by fizbit

Once that new car smell fades away, all that is left is a very under whelming path system that I honestly believe has no real impact on game play at all; consumables are better than most them. I think a complete revamp is needed, most these paths are worthless and in OP case down right detrimental. Of the three paths I have tried now, only Zuni looks to be the only one worth using and that is being generous at best. And as others pointed out, the dps of these is less than an unpotatoe'd mediocre weapon; lame!

The instant revives from Vazarin - New Moon are nice. Other than that, I agree with you.

Edited by Dangg

I understand wanting to balance out the ability to revive so many people at once with one big pulse buuuuuuut..... 

I think Polluted Water goes WAY too far. 

If magnetic procs worked on us the way they work on enemies (just disabling some of our shields for a short duration) then it wouldn't be so bad. The temporary viral proc isn't that bad. 

The energy thing is a problem... I think all they really need to do to balance Polluted Waters (this is coming from someone currently testing Vazarin) is to simply make the magnetic proc from Polluted Waters act on us like it does on our enemies -- this specific magnetic proc would just temporarily mess with our shields, instead of messing with our energy. 

I think that would work without changing anything too drastically. 

Focus is all about the passives right now. On one side we have Insane energy regen and perma-Invisibility on the other we have a CHANCE to turn enemies to stone when they melee you and 10% (Max rank) Damage reduction.

And honestly I think Focus should be 70% about the passives and only 30% about the abilities. Give like five options per tree and make them actually worth it.

Edited by DrBorris

Currently only have

New moon and mending tide mastery

Mastery only give you 15 second reduce time on each lvl. Totally not worth it.

The other 2 passive are useless asF

2.5% reflect damage ....

Seriously who would want to get shoot just to reflect 2.5% damage

Increase exp share range ?

We have draco. 100% useless passive

The other skill ...?

Pod does it better. Oh wait trinity does em all better

My advice just stick to new moon and start ranking other school

Currently only have

New moon and mending tide mastery

Mastery only give you 15 second reduce time on each lvl. Totally not worth it.

The other 2 passive are useless asF

2.5% reflect damage ....

Seriously who would want to get shoot just to reflect 2.5% damage

Increase exp share range ?

We have draco. 100% useless passive

The other skill ...?

Pod does it better. Oh wait trinity does em all better

My advice just stick to new moon and start ranking other school

While I agree with OP that most Focus, if not all, feel underwhelmed, I would like to point out the actual use of Focus to people like Dreadwire -

You see, Focus essentially can give you an aspect of power your warframe doesn't have.

You are not supposed to use Vazarin with Trinity or Naramon with Nyx.

Use a Focus that actually adds something to a particular frame. For example, maybe, go with Madurai on Loki, since he doesnt have damage abilities.

Or, go Naramon with Ash, because he doesn't have CC.

Yeah Focus has huge potential but for now most skills are either bugged or just too weak. But hey, has been only a couple of days since it came out, give DE time to tweak the system.

So it seems some of you have learned a lesson the hard way : don't ever choose Madurai. Unfortunate, but predictible ; we already have guns that can one-shot level 100 enemies, how could an ability focused on straight damage be better ?

Focus are supposed to be tactical powers, something that can influence your builds and the way you face various situations with different frames : aoe CC, increase to melee crit damage that can trigger a cloak, energy siphon on steroids, instant revives... Madurai just goes completely against this idea.

I have Zenurik and like it, would be eventually very nice with a few tweaks and buffs.

• 3 months later...

Don't mean to resurrect an old thread
but can we address this?
I figured, I'll try it out, if I upgrade it to the 25% chance it might not be so bad, just leave new moon on, best case scenario: I rez my team, worst case scenario: I have to instantly use my revive tokens as soon as they go down

Still not helpful considering new moon doesn't replenish energy I forced them to lose
I got screamed at by some of my closest friends testing this skill, we weren't even playing for real we were just testing it, and they made it very clear to me I am to never use this skill ever again (which is why I'm going to use it later, but that's neither here nor there).
it's garbage
there's no reason another player should be punished because I chose a skill, at least not so harshly (just give them viral)
it's like, "well, your teammate thought it was a good idea to use this skill, so you're going to suffer all the consequences for it"
second, as if half health, no shields and no energy were a bad enough way to spawn, double duration?

This thread has the best name, there's literally no reason to use polluted waters unless you're a sadist

I honestly think viral is enough for this skill
but if it was going to do both, it should inflict the status to the caster not the ally, that way it's a sacrifice not a middle finger

EDIT: Change Mending Shower to decrease movement speed while Mending Tides is active instead of decreasing the amount of healing per pulse
Then change Polluted Waters to have a 95%/75%/50%/25% chance to inflict yourself with Viral and Magnetic status for 2x duration on the final pulse if you're caught within it

Encourage players to move away from their Warframe with this skill, make it harder to do so, then this skill is more in line with other schools give/take mechanics

Edited by (PS4)blue23454

So DE gives us a tree with an ability that is only good when maxed, before then it is a trolly mess. So, in order to make full use of your ability you need to Focus farm (unless you want to be rage inducing pain in the *** for several months). DE has never fixed this ability. So people continued to Focus farm. In response to this, DE repeatedly nerfs Focus farming.

What

The

F***?

How is any of this good? IMO, they need to redo Focus from the ground up.

Edited by Silvus-Sol

IMO, New Moon and Polluted Waters should be swapped :clem:, but changed to be less severely crippling.

Still keep the charge system for passive insta-revives, but lose the negatives on the Focus Power AoE insta-revive since it's only usable once every several minutes. 

Passive insta-revive lets you touch a teammate to bring him up *snap* just like that, so add some drawback but NOT as severe as Polluted Waters' statuses... like maybe halved max shields and health for 6 / 5 / 4 / 3 / 2 seconds for the ally, which will bump back up to their original maximums afterward, like a brief period of weakness (not "shoot me once more and I immediately drop dead" that the current Polluted Waters is basically...)

46 minutes ago, PsiWarp said:

IMO, New Moon and Polluted Waters should be swapped :clem:, but changed to be less severely crippling.

Still keep the charge system for passive insta-revives, but lose the negatives on the Focus Power AoE insta-revive since it's only usable once every several minutes. 

Passive insta-revive lets you touch a teammate to bring him up *snap* just like that, so add some drawback but NOT as severe as Polluted Waters' statuses... like maybe halved max shields and health for 6 / 5 / 4 / 3 / 2 seconds for the ally, which will bump back up to their original maximums afterward, like a brief period of weakness (not "shoot me once more and I immediately drop dead" that the current Polluted Waters is basically...)

Sorry but I disagree, each school has four main branches in the tree: Cooldown, Passive, Risk/Reward, Active Buff
it wouldn't make sense to put a passive in the risk/reward branch, or changing the risk/reward skill to an active buff and then putting it in the passive branch, I just don't understand the logic here
The only way I would change New Moon, personally, is to remove the tokens altogether, and have New Moon reduce revive time for the rest of the mission
R0: revive time = 1.5 players reviving an ally 
R1: revive time = 2 players reviving an ally 
R2: revive time = 3 players reviving an ally 
R3: revive time = instant

As it stands, New Moon shouldn't be called a passive, because it's not, it's more similar to an active buff
this tweak would put it more in line with other passives in other trees
R3 may be OP in this scenario, so having it go up to whatever a theoretical 4 players would be isn't a bad idea either, but this way the META with Vazarin won't be "only equip New Moon and Mastery, spam Mending Tides as often as possible, and stack as many revive tokens as you can"
I focus on my passives in most trees, but with Vazarin, this is literally all I ever do, everything else feels pointless in comparison, and only increases my cooldown time and I just end up resenting all other active skills

Edited by (PS4)blue23454

#ZenurikMasterRace!

for real though, ours removes shields, and that's something else that nobody wants. better to just go for the skills that let me drop energy for allies and make energy-restoring fields.

have to admit, I freaking LOVE having the Energy regen, and Void Pulse is basically a CC ability that you can have with any frame!

On 13/12/2015 at 0:56 PM, LazerusKI said:

The one working ability (Energy Siphon) from Zenurik is also pretty nice

That's your benchmark. 

Zenurik gives energy regen slightly better than 4x energy siphon. 

Vazarin should give health regeneration slightly better than 4x rejuvenation. 

Madurai should give flat damage buff slightly better than 4x amp aura.

Unairu should be a bit better than 4x corrosive projection. 

Much better. And nothing is broken or unbalanced - it's all things already existing. 

9 hours ago, (PS4)Lord_Gremlin said:

Unairu should be a bit better than 4x corrosive projection.

A bit better than 100% armor reduction?

Idon't think the game has negative armor... Nor do I think it would be balanced... Same for Madurai, might be on the OP side. Maybe make those a equivalent to one (two in Madurai's case?) auras?

Anyways, great idea for the rest

40 minutes ago, Necromanrius said:

A bit better than 100% armor reduction?

Idon't think the game has negative armor... Nor do I think it would be balanced... Same for Madurai, might be on the OP side. Maybe make those a equivalent to one (two in Madurai's case?) auras?

Anyways, great idea for the rest

Augmented armor sortie condition.