Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Holiday Wishlist & A Happy New Year!

[DE]Danielle

1) A quest that has an Archwing infiltration to save Lotus from a bad guy (rather than us being a level and then it turns into Archwing, it starts in Archwing and then goes into a mission on a ship/planet/orokin tower) gotta repay the favor from U18

2) an option for Focus to be like it was originally advertised (not that I'm ungrateful) but the option to have the Warframe change appearance even if its Aesthetics only would be super cool!

3) Keep drinking beer on stream. You've done it for years now theres no point in changing it now.

However for the love of Lotus get some rest. Happy Holidays and Canadian Christmas

Edited by Naegling

I've got a wishlist, but there's some highly controversial items on it. This is only my opinion, but...

-/-

1. New/updated voice lines.

I know that this is a game that's still being tweaked and improved upon, but after putting around 800 hours (or so Steam says) into this, I can't help but think that the quality of the current VOs for such people as Alad V, Sargas Ruk, the new *ahem* kids, and Lotus need work. This game is very immersive, at least for me, but it's difficult to fully dedicate my attention to it when the voice lines for certain characters possess very little in the way of emotion. Lotus is one of the major players in this issue, I find, and although I know that you can make a very valid argument that that emotionless tone is part of her character, it's difficult to imagine her as a 'mother' when I hear a very deadpan voice congratulating me on finishing the mission. Other characters have plenty of emotion, such as Ordis and Baro Ki'Teer, but still others have that emotion in the wrong areas (like the kids), putting inflection on the wrong words and making me rather confused when I'm listening to them. Tyl Regor's lines are fantastic, by the way - he's one of my favorite bosses because of that.

Perhaps it might be something for further down the line, but I'm very interested in seeing some work put in here eventually, as a good VO can make you empathize with a character and increase one's attraction to the lore and the game itself.

2. Release Excalibur Prime to the public - make the Umbra version Founder-exclusive.

After creating every single Warframe (at this time, I have Nezha building for me), I find that there's a rather sad gap that I'll never be able to fill that's just about the shape and size of Excalibur Prime. While I could go in-depth about this, there are other and better arguments concerning this issue, and I don't want to turn a happy holiday thread into a battle of opinions, so let me just say that while I don't truly appreciate exclusive content due to the fact that someone just picking up the game can find themselves locked out of a playable item just because they didn't join the game at a specific time and spend a specific amount of money, I understand that there has to be something that allows people to say that they supported a fledgling title in a time of need. Perhaps, then, that might be Excalibur Umbra, for introducing a new variant on a Warframe when there are already Primed versions seems a little... odd, at least to me. Granted, there's plenty of variants on weapons, so it's not inconceivable to see this happening, but I've always seen a Prime version as the summit of that particular mountain, and not having access to that item seems a little unfair to the general public. 

3. Quest Idea: What's in a Warframe? 

Thanks to the Second Dream, we know what's essentially powering the Warframes now, but there's still one question left unanswered: what's in the Warframe itself? From what lore there is, we know that something's in that suit of armor, and it's made of flesh. It needs air, has a mouth, can scream (thanks to Valkyr's abilities), and can act on its own to a certain extent. Are they people, too... or something else?

I'd really like to see a quest that answers that question, but if nothing else, I'd like to thank you guys at Digital Extremes for making a game that I've grown to love over the time I've spent on it. It's truly fun, and the knowledge that the developers are so involved with their playerbase through things and threads like this makes this game just that much more gratifying to play. 

Hope you guys have some happy holidays!

Excalibur prime in not controversial because it would never happen .

What part of never to be released again did everyone seem to skip over.

De would be sued for false advertising and would have to offer refunds to every single founder

3 - Updating placeholder graphics.

A lot of graphics and models have been around for a long time and are pretty generic.  We may be used to them, but an update would make the game look more polished and more informative.

One example is item drops.  Argon, Alloy Plate, and Polymer Bundle all look like RCS canisters from KSP.  If they had their own model it'd be easier to tell what is what at a glance, and make the game look more finished (and perhaps a bit more immersive).

@DE: Yes, I did take this opportunity just to stick that third thing in there!

I remember this was around before for rare materials, was probably taken out because it was hard to see it. i guess they can always use those beacons of light though.

My only wish is: Do only warframes with obvious gender.

Example:

Saryn, Ember, Valkyr, etc. - 100% Females curves

Vauban, Frost, Rhino, etc. - 100% Males curves

Euqinox, Ivara, Wukong, Nezha - Eeeh intersex or what?! The Horror !

Seriously look on them in game or their pictures (warwiki) and cover name with your finger, without name you dont have ideat what it is. They have no curves. Only an empty shell for our "operator". I don't take this.

Ok......really? I don't want to sound like I'm picking on you, but does this really bother you?

Like.....I am actually surprised. It didn't occur to me that this would be a thing that would genuinely upset folks. Hell, I think it would be funny for the lore to reveal some stuff like "Actually, the biological tissue inside the Rhino 'frame is genetically female, while Trinity Prime is a female warframe, but the cloned and Infested living components are a mix of both male and female human tissues."

My Three wishes:

1. Another look on weapons that did not survive the Damage 2.0 migration and/or got left behind in power creep or were terrible to begin with; Dethmachine Rifle, Ogris, Miter, Panthera, Paracyst, Tetra.

Some of these suffer base damage failures or are so arduous to use effectively that the game whizzes on by while you get them set up 'just right'.

2. Consider Updating Vaubans' tesla and bounce. 200 dmg from tesla is inadequate and the pace of the game does not allow for full meaningful discharge. the Utility of Bounce was eliminated with Parkour 2.0

3. Updates to the foundry that allow crafting of same items in parallel, or the ability to set of a successive queue of items provided you have materials.

First of all Merry Christmas DE!!

As for the wish list hmm:

1) Chain Sickles weapon (Yea extreme fan of weapons that got chains)

2) Seperate the Accessories from the Hunhow Gift Bundle. 

3) More Syndicate Weapons. 

4) Oberon Rework. (I haven't seen anyone using this frame)

5) Changing the operator. (Start to hate Ordis)

6) For god sake remove that MR 12 requirement from primary syndicate weapons (Yea i am lazy to rank up, even up to 12)

7) This might sound stupid but toggle for sprint :D. (Nobody is walking during missions, we are all running like headless chickens, its kind of annoying holding shift -or whatever keybind each tenno uses- all the time)

8) Wish me luck ^_^, yea, my luck is terrible. (You know, sharing is caring :D). 

1. [u18 Quest Spoilers]

A way to turn off the Operator's transmissions post-quest. Please, I'll do it if it costs 100p..

2. Oh, and a way to change your guide, so the Lotus isn't the only one bossing you around missions. I'd kill for a Darvo/Clem guide!

3. My final wish.. Maybe first person option? Its a longshot, but it doesn't have to be too well made. Just put the camera roughly in the warframe's head area and disable us being able to see our own model and I'd be overjoyed.

Edited by Konga

Dear Santa:

All I want for Christmas is

1)Limbo to have a nice rework, such as...

-Banish can be rapid-fire

-Rift Walk has no cast time

-Rift Surge is removed and turned into a passive(If not, then atleast extend the duration to longer than cataclysm/Banish)

-If Rift Surge is removed and turned into a passive, then replace it with some Rift-based CC. (I'm spitballing something like "Rift Pulse")

-Cataclysm gains some CC. Like a Stagger(not knockdown) on cast, and then something like a 5 second accuracy debuff on everything else that enters the AoE

2)Kubrows and Sentinels having either a toggle aggressive/passive mode in the gears menu

-Or if not, a Kubrow mod along the lines of "Docile", to prevent standard attacks(Debatable if it prevents other aggressive kubrow precepts)

3)For Zephyr to get a rework/overhaul

-Main suggestion is to change Tail Wind so that it turns the game into Archwing mode/UI except with current equips.

-This could also change her other 3 skills while in the previously mention mode, in a similar way to Equinox(1 Toggle, 3 Unique to each mode)

Ok thanks Santa.

Merry Christmas to DE and to all Tenno! :D Thanks for everything.

My one and only hope for this Christmas in Warframe is for a new ability to replace Vauban's Bounce. It's such a outdated and useless ability that could be replaced by countless of possible abilities.

Edited by Steelhelm12

A stamina bar for Melee would be an excellent addition to Warframe for PVP. I'm not saying a stamina bar for parkour, I'am strictly speaking about Melee. Blocking physical attacks is a necessary element for Warframe based on the fact that if we are able to block a wall of Fire from an Eximus we should be able to block another Warframes Melee. Especially in the Dojo where clans may have a ranking system which requires Melee prowess. And Energy should by no means be used in this system because it does not protain to said melee stamina bar. An example of this would be Chivalry. And blocking should enable a stagger effect. Blocking physical hits would not be Overpowered because the longer you were to block the more your stamina will decrease. And elemental effects should in no way shape or form activate unless a solid hit is made. Meaning the weapon must make contact with the opposing frame. And for Conclave a way to make this system fair is that the longer you block against bullets and other projectiles is that again the bar will decrease per hit. PvP in Warframe is wonderful but it only lasts a few short seconds. This would add so much realism and more strategy to the game and allow players to criticaly analyze the battle versus the regular "Hockey Brawl" PvP currently Presents.