The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bow That Has The Biggest Numbers?

Camomonk

Question

23 answers to this question

These are some screenshots I got from using the bows I have with Radiation damage versus lvl 30 Corrupted Bombards. These are the consistent numbers I got.

Daikyu. (Non-crit) (Disclaimer. I haven't put forma on it to see it's full potential.)

e3Vmg8C.jpg

Daikyu (Critical)

AqszVij.jpg

Dread

TEsWpny.jpg

Paris Prime

jx8KPJk.jpg

Rakta Cernos (Disclaimer. I have not added any forma to this either.)

yeRJGK2.jpg

Seems like the Cernos is in the lead in the regular Critical category by having the highest base damage to make the elementals better, but the Dread takes the cake when those red crits come into play, same with Paris Prime but not as much. They're all pretty good bows, I guess it all comes down to preference for them.

I'll test again when I add sufficient forma to all of them.

Edited by PUR3K1LL3R

Dread for endgame content

+Great damage

+Inate Slash

+Red Crits

and its fast

Daikyu is bad, rakta is okay but does not compete with dread.

I think the Rakta Cernos is either tied with the Dread or is better. The Rakta Cernos makes up for its shortcomings with not being able to have Red Criticals in speed and the blight effect.

I'll continue testing. (And Formaing)

Edited by PUR3K1LL3R

Dread hits the hardest with a critical on a critical(red numbers)

R. Cernos would be second with very good numbers plus the buff from Red Veil  which is a viral proc and +25 base energy it is also the fastest drawing bow

Daikyu is nice has the 3rd best numbers for me but is really slow to fire.

Paris P... been so long and I never put forma on it to say anything to better the conversation.....

All my bows have at least 4 forma installed BTW

The one with the highest base damage that has a possibility of red crits (dread)

Swap split chamber for bane of infested and kill a leaping leaper with a gas-damage sonar-roar-mprime-eclipse boosted headshot.

I think he means solo play, maybe not.

Overkill tho XDDDD

Edited by PUR3K1LL3R

OK so running some quick tests and I'm going to maybe change things around but the OP needs to be a little more exact on what is mean t by BIG NUMBERS.. Pure damage/crit builds or elemental/crit/status builds/// My quick test pulled some interesting numbers based on what kind of build I did. This was done against a LVL 60 BOMBARD

OK so running some quick tests and I'm going to maybe change things around but the OP needs to be a little more exact on what is mean t by BIG NUMBERS.. Pure damage/crit builds or elemental/crit/status builds/// My quick test pulled some interesting numbers based on what kind of build I did. This was done against a LVL 60 BOMBARD

I just mean big numbers I don’t care if its crit or elemental I just want the biggest possible number 

Dread might give you more damage per shot overall, but Rakta Cernos will hit a lot more because it has such a fast charge rate. And that syndicate proc is really useful. 

It's more of a preference thing. Both are amazing bows and on par with each other. 

Rakta Cernos is more desirable when dealing with a horde of enemies due to it's fast charge rate. But if you are just looking for the biggest numbers per shot, then go for the Dread. 

Having both doesn't hurt though. 

Dread might give you more damage per shot overall, but Rakta Cernos will hit a lot more because it has such a fast charge rate. And that syndicate proc is really useful. 

It's more of a preference thing. Both are amazing bows and on par with each other. 

Rakta Cernos is more desirable when dealing with a horde of enemies due to it's fast charge rate. But if you are just looking for the biggest numbers per shot, then go for the Dread. 

Having both doesn't hurt though. 

That's the big misconception. Rakta Cernos actually has a higher average damage per hit, even counting Dread red crits. Dread should be able to make a bigger number, but Rakta's are bigger on average.

And if you count the sniper skinned bow, Lanka, a bow, it technically wins the "biggest numbers" contest.

According to the numbercrunchers:
Paris Prime has the best damage below level 90. After level 90, Dread catches up. IIRC they said Daikyu doesn't even come close, and this was before they could test Rakta Cernos properly

EDIT: Apparently Rakta Cernos in the very-endgame wins out because you don't need to have Speed Trigger (or Vile Acceleration, but seriously why would-), freeing up a mod slot for more damage mods

Edited by TARINunit9

Dread does the highest damage of the bows, in a sense of per arrow, per headshot, overall. If you want big numbers, go with headshots with a Dread modded for high base damage, elemental, crit, and crit damage.

That should answer your actual question.